Sign in to follow this  
Morridini

Challenges for dismembered PC

In my latest session one of my players took a series of critical hits, and the end result is now that she is missing her right arm and left leg, and I'm trying to figure out fun ways for this to be a predicament.

The rules state that all skill checks using said limb should have the difficulty upgraded (or was it increased?), but beyond that I keep forgetting that she is essentially a cripple.

Anyone got any ideas for this situation?

In my latest session one of my players took a series of critical hits, and the end result is now that she is missing her right arm and left leg, and I'm trying to figure out fun ways for this to be a predicament.

The rules state that all skill checks using said limb should have the difficulty upgraded (or was it increased?), but beyond that I keep forgetting that she is essentially a cripple.

Cheap cybernetic replacements?

So cheap that they were made for a different species.

Cheap?!? They cost her an arm and a leg!!!

Have the character make a deal with some crimelord, hutt, moneylender, etcetera to get replacements.

The cost, do a mission for this "benefactor". At the very least, give some obligation to cover the cost.

There can be hidden twists to the implants, such as a negotiation with the benefactors rival that the player is sent on results in a bomb attempt - in essence the benefactor is trying to get a "leg up" on his competitors by place a bomb in the characters, well, leg. This doesn't have to be a lethal bomb even. A ion bomb that will fry the rivals conputers losing vital data works too - then the obligation the player recieves can be a bounty for the rival.

Other options:

- used cyberlimb has hidden data from a forner ISB agent, resulting into being chased by the empire.

- Have to break into a hospital and forge/decieve orders to get the limbs replaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

[snort]  Evil child!

Let's accentuate the positive, eh?

She may have lost her left leg but her right leg is great.  We've got nothing against her right leg.  The problem is, neither has she.

(I always loved that joke.)

She gets a new cybernetic hand, but it came from a robot-insane-robot-serial-robot-killer-robot.

Edited by Col. Orange

Substandard replacements could be fun, like droid parts jimmied up to her nervous system.....could cause setback dice or strange environmental issues such as coming up as a droid on scanners.  Or you could just tie her to the largest group member.  Bonus points if her head is on the wrong way too.

Arm is part of a sophisticated droid that can operate even from its limbs. Basically amounts to having a wise-cracking droid arm but lacks the benefits of the typical usefulness of droids. Can't translate anything and cant boost any skill checks due to the limited space and the arm being controlled only by the player.

This is more of a comical possibility but I can see it leading to some hilarious adventures.