Sign in to follow this  
BigSpoon

Force and Destiny Story Seeds

The group has sought out a reclusive monastery of Force-sensitves for training and safety. Not all is as it seems.

A farming community has requested the help of the group in finding several missing people, who have disappeared mysteriously the last few weeks from the community.

A supposedly reputable company has recruited the party to scout a frontier world; the party either find some Force-related ruins or similar (Sith, Jedi or other), or find evidence that the company is not working in the best interests of the natives/colonists.

That's all I've got tonight.

Right thread. I need to sleep...

Starting my Force and Destiny game soon, shamelessly hoping to pick the brains of my fellow forumites for adventure ideas.

I guess it depends on the makeup of your group ... for example, from what you know of the players or the characters they created, would they have more fun in battle or would they prefer to go searching for something/someone? (those are just 2 examples, but there could any number of things they'd be interested in)

The reason I ask is because how your group is constructed plays a huge role in how you'd seed an adventure.  I'd hate to send them on a mission to defeat 17 outposts of Imperial soldiers while trying to free someone from prison in an Empire stronghold when they might be more interested in unlocking the secrets of an ancient vessel that crashed on some barren planet.  Both scenarios will have their share of encounters, but in one case they are in fighting mode, where in the other they are trying to use different skills and/or knowledge to accomplish one thing or another.  Aspects of fighting/searching/learning/etc. can be found in any adventures, but the focus of your adventures can be tailored to how you think your group will have the most fun.

Edited by oatesatm

"My name is Michael Westen.  I used to be a Jedi, until...."  Seriously, check out some episodes of 'Burn Notice'.  A little tweaking and they would make decent story ideas.  A little more information on the group would be helpful, though.  Motivations...strengths and weaknesses...careers and specializations, all that wonderful stuff.  The forums could spout out vanilla story ideas all day long, but none would really grab your players attentions.  Giving more info on the PC's lets the forums tailor mission ideas that let players and PC's really strut their stuff.

So my party is a Rodian Ataru Striker, Human Shien Expert, Mirialan Artisan, Chiss Shii-Cho Knight, Human Sage/Niman Disciple. I was hoping this would kind of blossom into something similar to the Career Adventure Seeds in the EotE GM forum, just giving general ideas for GM's to mold to fit their parties.

Reforging the Order- PCs to find lost and hidden force traditions, to recruit padwans and master, so they can reform the jedi order.

Collectors Society- Secret guild of archaeologists harbor a collection of sith artifacts, this create local trouble in one of the warehouses.

Floating Relic - Derelict Praxeum ship that was lost in hyperspace has emerged in the unknown regions, on-board are numerous pests who have evolved into their own biosphere, and one pissed off droid captain.

Ancient Battlefield- On a colony planetoid in Wild Space, two camps of the decedents of jedi (abandoned on the planet during war) and decedents of mandalorians (original colony who failed), are locked in eternal struggle. The PCs need to mediate or participate in combat.

Echoes: The party encounters a powerful vergence in the Force that has left destruction in its wake. With something precious to them in the line of fire, the PCs must find the source of the disturbance and quell it. Or...perhaps harness its power?

The Jedi were peacekeepers and diplomats as often as not.  This could easily fit into an Old Republic or Dark Times setting:

Mind the Gap

A Zeltron ambassador has created a political incident on the nearby planet of Pynj, inhabited by the stiff and humourless Pynjuuri.  Apparently the Zeltron mistook the behaviour of her counterpart as an amorous advance, and went with it.  The Pynjuuri now view all of galactic civilization as mercurial wantons.  At stake are access rights to valuable minerals or materials the Rebel Alliance needs, or at worst, active allegiance to the Empire.  Find a way to smooth things over and/or make common cause.

From #5:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/hok-leahcim/2014/04/30-people-reveal-their-embarrassing-moments-because-of-a-cultural-misunderstanding/

:)

Or just google "cultural misunderstandings" for a wealth of ideas.

Not to be too shameless a self-plugging SOB, but, when I wrote the planets chapter in F&D CRB, I tried to lace the planet entries and sidebars with nuggets that should inspire adventure seeds. Just read chapter X and keep a pen and paper handy for adventure ideas! 

I especially like the Weik sidebar, and had I not already started my F&D game, would love to do a Red Herring session where we started in something like DnD setting with some class restrictions, and then at the end of the session, a starship or something lands and we transition into Force and Destiny.

Great ideas so far, Mind the Gap could produce some particularly hilarious gameplay. I will probably introduce a secret society of Force Artifact collectors in my game. The first session ended up going great (we gamed for nearly 12 hours). The party ran the blockade at Ossus and did some exploring of an underground temple, finding some artifacts and an ancient star chart and encountering some Frynocks (courtesy of the Spark of Rebellion Fan Supplement).

Edited by BigSpoon

Bad Timing - While visiting a seedy space station an incompetent traffic controller directs the PCs to land in a private docking bay for a small time crime lord. The PCs bring the ship in to dock just at the critical moment of a hostage exchange. Bonus points if the hostage is force sensitive.

Outbreak - After visiting a remote, hostile, or mystical planet the PCs begin to come down with a strange malady. The group is forced to find a way to combat the illness on the fly or to stop and seek assistance.

No Going Back - The PCs come across an escape pod floating in space. Turns out the passenger is still alive and claims they barely escaped from a rebel base being overrun by Imperials. They say the imperials were after a Jedi Master. The amount of truthfulness to these claims may vary.

Edited by Alphanoobmeric