Sign in to follow this  
Samwise Gamgee

Problem with Farlander?

Put it this way. Keyan would be top tier if he was in an E-Wing. He'd have the Dial, Agility, synergy w/PTL, and Thrusters. Hax level stuff there. But on a ship with 1 Ag? No way.

E-Wing...with Autothrusters??? What X-Wing are you playing?

Put it this way. Keyan would be top tier if he was in an E-Wing. He'd have the Dial, Agility, synergy w/PTL, and Thrusters. Hax level stuff there. But on a ship with 1 Ag? No way.

E-Wing...with Autothrusters??? What X-Wing are you playing?

Obviously some sick and wrong version, shun him!!!!

I think even a B-wing with some insane ability like "all dice you roll are hits" cannot be made to be all that good. They're slow, so as long as someone doesn't try to knife-fight them, it's easy to get them in arc. They also have 1 AGI, so they can't resist damage for anything. Most quality Ace level ships resist damage through arc dodging, regeneration, or damage mitigation. The B can do none of these things.

I think even a B-wing with some insane ability like "all dice you roll are hits" cannot be made to be all that good. They're slow, so as long as someone doesn't try to knife-fight them, it's easy to get them in arc. They also have 1 AGI, so they can't resist damage for anything. Most quality Ace level ships resist damage through arc dodging, regeneration, or damage mitigation. The B can do none of these things.

Ibtisam with Sensor Jammer, Elusiveness and either Lando or Jan Ors crew begs to differ. ;)

If i take my vessery+3 AC advanced list it's a certainty farlanders heavily damaged after first round of shooting with a decent chance he's dead in that first round of combat.

You run into 4 tlt y-wings he's almost certainly a gonner.

1 agility ships if they are an obvious target die first it's just how they are.

Ibtisam with Sensor Jammer, Elusiveness and either Lando or Jan Ors crew begs to differ. ;)

Okay, no B-wing that you'd actually want to fly can resist damage.

He's still my favorite Rebel pilot. I've very nearly solo'd a Tie swarm with him before. If I remember correctly, he killed 4 ties himself and damage 2 others. However, the 30 plus points he costs is just too much these days. You just can't bring any named B-wing pilot to a tournament. There are too many popular lists that counter them hard. You run into 1 TLT heavy list and its nearly an auto-loss. They just get eaten up with TLTs. They struggle against PWT's especially with EU. Brobots can demolish them with HLCs. Really the B-wing now is a bit under powered, especially the named pilots. Never thought I'd say that as I hated them pre wave 4. They just could roll over everything. 

Edited by Jo Jo

Actually, she's a fun B-wing to fly, and one I flew (with a 5-0 swiss record) to the final of a 24 person tournament that included the store champion and a former national champion. I'm 10-1 in games where Ibtisam is in my list, sadly the one loss was the final of said tournament.

What about this:

Keyan

PtL

AS

EU

Roark

TLT

Jan

Prototype

CR

AT

X2

He moves last, shoots first, usually has an evade, and you've got 2 blockers and your own TLT.

Just like quite a lot of the Rebel ace pilots, he's Best Flown With Biggs©.

The Ablative Ace© can usually help him survive the initial engagement, and once he's in the thick of things he can exploit his ability, his red moves and upgrades like Advance Sensors and/or Stay on Target to be hard-hitting while tricky to nail down (doesn't help his deficiency against turrets though)

Hell, I'd run him with Opportunist/HLC + Wes. 

I went 4-2 at the regional with the following list:

Biggs Keywest

Wes, r5-k6, vi, engine upgrade

Key, Push, bwing-E2, Jan Ors

Biggs, R4-D6, Hull Upgrade

I lost 1 game due to the Old MOV rules.     This worked well because Key is protected by biggs and Jan can switch biggs focus to evade.   Once biggs is gone, then key can still use Jan to protect him.   All the while Wes darts around and strips tokens.

It was a good list, I wating for the Integrated astromech to bring it back to life

Edited by eagletsi111