Sign in to follow this  
solamnic

Tie Fighter (Imperial blue color - Star Wars Colors)

I just wish they'd standardise the colour. Either grey or blue, I don't care which, but it would have been nice if they made them all the one colour. I think I've got three different shades of colours in my TIEs. And for someone who's been wargaming for decades, I prefer a uniformity to my combatants.

Well the different color scheme is a low cost way of adding value. With both the Aces and Epic packs they have models that are different paint to let other players know that those are from the special packs.

Not when the huge ship is the gozanti, which I am intending to buy 3 of regardless of the TIEs.

3, really? Why, if I may ask.

Because it's a freakin' COOL ship. I'll want at least one to play with, one to sit on a shelf and look awesome, probably one to paint, might want to convert a scum version.

Not when the huge ship is the gozanti, which I am intending to buy 3 of regardless of the TIEs.

3, really? Why, if I may ask.
Because it's a freakin' COOL ship. I'll want at least one to play with, one to sit on a shelf and look awesome, probably one to paint, might want to convert a scum version.
Fair enough. I thought you might be planning some grand fleet for a saga (WAY BEYOND epic) game. I've done the same with models though it's one to build and two to modify.

I'd like to see one turned into S&V rust bucket carrying 4 M3-As or a couple of Starvipers.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Stoneface

No it is the 70's Bluescreen technologies fault. Lucas wanted bluegrey ties and blue squadron xwings in ANH. Problem was blue on blue washed the color out. It was good enough on the Ties but he had to change the xwings to this now iconic red.

Some where some discovered that green screen work just as well as blue. Thus Ties turned bluegrey in ESB and RotJ.

Edited by Rambler

The colour differences bothered me at first but now I'm not so fussed, I can't work out why I've changed my mind exactly.

The quality of the factory paint jobs is remarkably consistent but I've noticed occasional blips particularly on early waves. I was once looking at a Wave 1 TIE in an FLGS and the quality of the paint job was pretty awful; it looked like it had been lightly sprayed black on one side. Lambdas seem to vary too.