Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Keeping the Peace preview

So how do people feel about the crafting armor rules in the back?

Seem pretty straight forward. 5 Purple check for a 2def, 2 soak, 6enc, 6 HP piece of armor?

Plus more HP if triumphs are rolled. Not bad, seems very similar the lightsaber rules in the GM kit. 

Thought when would one upgrade the dif on a armor check?

edit: Yea! 100th post!!

Edited by Arrakus

I'm hoping the next book is the Mystic book. That would be the best place to book a Witch spec.

Seconded!!!

A Mother Talzin-inspired spec would probably be in Mystic, but the other Nightsisters from TCW, as well as the ones from the EU, strike me more as Seekers. Seekers would be an interesting option next, as I'm curious as to where they are headed with that career.

Since want Sentinel or Counselor since they flex out the careers that were more likely jedi of old. Also counselor because I'm hoping for Jar'Kai unless they put that in a different career than with its mother style Niman.

I'm hoping to see a 2nd career book announced. Hoping it's Sentinel or Counselor

My personal preference on which career is next (from most-hoped-for to least) is:

Mystic

Seeker

Warrior

Consular

Sentinel

Something about the Sentinel just doesn't grab my attention. As someone above said, I'm very interested to see what they do with the Seeker, but the Mystic has and probably always will be my favorite.

With regards to the Ghost being sil 5. I have no problem with that. It was approximately 44m long compared with the falcon at 35m long. Giving it a surface area of more than 180 m2 over the falcon. On a side view it is significantly deeper also, remember it had ladders in the cargo hold. So it wouldnt surprise me if the cubic difference more than doubles that again. The phantom is probable 1/3 to 1/2 the length of the falcon on its own.

With regards to the Ghost being sil 5. I have no problem with that. It was approximately 44m long compared with the falcon at 35m long. Giving it a surface area of more than 180 m2 over the falcon. On a side view it is significantly deeper also, remember it had ladders in the cargo hold. So it wouldnt surprise me if the cubic difference more than doubles that again. The phantom is probable 1/3 to 1/2 the length of the falcon on its own.

It's also roughly the same size as a Gozanti judging from Rebels.

That also means it is in the same category as the Corvettes (All Sil5 ships). And we defiantly do not see them doing the same things that the Ghost can. I think this is more of when the artistic licenses of the writers/artists of the Rebels goes outside the bounds of the what the game is written for. So instead of creating special rules that can be potentially abused or risk making this model THE ship to have. FFG went with the lesser of two evils options. 

Edited by Arrakus

Wish they would include 2-3 Careers per book. Warrior and Guardian would have been fine together at least.

To have the full gamut of options for FaD characters I need a stack of 7 books. The quality of the books are fine, but I want more meat.

It's half the price of the core rulebook, I feel like if I want to give my players more options I'm better off buying one of the previous core rule books to present 6 whole non-force sensitive careers and 19-20 specializations instead.

Edited by Vulf

That also means it is in the same category as the Corvettes (All Sil5 ships). And we defiantly do not see them doing the same things that the Ghost can. I think this is more of when the artistic licenses of the writers/artists of the Rebels goes outside the bounds of the what the game is written for. So instead of creating special rules that can be potentially abused or risk making this model THE ship to have. FFG went with the lesser of two evils options. 

I would explain the Ghost as a heavy modded ship.  Combined with Hera's skill as a Pilot and Rigger maxed out (brings Maneuvering to -1).  With a bit of narrative license, she can do some pretty impressive things.

Narrative license is not an attachment that I can find in the books. There's just no rules-legal way the hunk of junk FFG calls a VCX-100 can pull the maneuvers we see the Ghost perform.

That's a simple explanation.  Hera and Kanan's GM is very liberal with the rules!  ;)

EDIT:  Perhaps Hera installed a homemade Attachment that allows the Ghost to maneuver as if 1 Sil smaller!?

Edited by TalosX

Narrative license is not an attachment that I can find in the books. There's just no rules-legal way the hunk of junk FFG calls a VCX-100 can pull the maneuvers we see the Ghost perform.

That's a simple explanation.  Hera and Kanan's GM is very liberal with the rules!  ;)

EDIT:  Perhaps Hera installed a homemade Attachment that allows the Ghost to maneuver as if 1 Sil smaller!?

she may have tricky target...that makes people targeting you treat you as a silhouette smaller. And some stuff like koigeran turn from hot shot. several skilled jockies. to lose the set backs...

It's a cartoon for children. It also features a B-wing with a miniature Deathstar cannon.

They killed off the most interesting character in the first season. They murder tons of faceless stormtroopers that were just working security, but Ahsoka won't kill the two Inquisitors that were attacking and stealing babies. I have trouble suspending my belief when watching it.

Edited by Vulf

It's a cartoon for children. It also features a B-wing with a miniature Deathstar cannon.

They killed off the most interesting character in the first season. They murder tons of faceless stormtroopers that were just working security, but Ahsoka won't kill the two Inquisitors that were attacking and stealing babies. I have trouble suspending my belief when watching it.

If you have trouble suspending your disbelief what the hell are you doing watching a Star Wars show and a kids show? Star Wars by default is full of massive plot holes and nonsense and kids shows are full of plot holes and nonsense.

So is the VCX-100 the only ship in the book or something? I can't find anyone talking about any others at least.

No. But it is one of the most anticipated ships to come out. For numerous reasons. So ... yea. 

Maybe but honestly while it is nice its presence is not a must buy now feature for me, and there many other ship classes whose presence would be a must buy now feature for me.

(For example originally the only FFG book on the Christmas list I gave my RPG group was Strongholds of Resistance but I  added Mask of the Pirate Queen after finding out the Cutlass-9 Fighter and Interceptor-IV Frigate were it it. And I would have added it for either even if the Interceptor-IV was a massive disappointment.)

And since I'm basically my group's oracle of all things ship related if its presence doesn't make the book a must buy now for me I doubt it will for any of the other members. I'm seeing a lot of cool stuff listed but nothing we can't do without for a couple of months. However I want to make sure there isn't some thing that would tip it into buy now territory that I haven't heard of yet before we get together and go see the film as a group tomorrow because that's when we'll decide whether to send someone on the almost 4 hour trip to get it or just wait and have someone order it off the web in a month or two.

Edited by RogueCorona