Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Keeping the Peace preview

I will like to know if possible, how does the armorer compare to the artisan.

Definitely different, but has a few similar talents.  They share Mental Tools, Comprehend Technology, Imbue Item and Inventor, but the Armorer gets a lot of the armor related talents we've seen from other books (Armor Master and Improved Armor Master) as well as a new one (Supreme Armor Master, which lets you take strain to lower a received crit roll), and the ability to reinforce a weapon or armor with the Cortosis quality by committing force dice.  It also has Lightsaber as a career skill along with Falling Avalanche and Saber Throw, which is very nice.

Wow.  That one sounds pretty freaking epic.

When we tested it, I fell in love with this Spec.

It's like they looked at the Jedi Knight class from The Old Republic and went "That; let's make that.".  It has everything an aspiring SWTOR Jedi Knight could ask for.

(Except maybe ranks in Parry and Reflect...)  :lol:

Speaking of Warden, does it have any talents for Brawling?

It's not restricted to Brawl, but there is a Grappler talent at the high end that makes it so that an opponent must use two maneuvers to move from engaged to short.  There's actually a lot of movement control/restricting talents in there.

Any new morality options, also can you talk about motivations, ships and the new Lightsaber hilts, please?

A few more morality options, but I unfortunately can't remember most of them off the top of my head.  I know they also added new spins on some of the old ones, and added in some weaknesses like Coldness, Indecision, and a few others.

I don't remember all the ships, but the Ghost from Rebels is in there, including a sidebar mentioning the Ghost itself.

Two new lightsaber hilts - the guard shoto (really good on the defensive front, but also requires very high Agility) and the Temple Guard Lightsaber Pike (as seen in the Clone Wars series, basically a double bladed variant that can do the Stun effect as well).  Also regarding lightsabers, theres two new crystals, one being Stun Damage and essentially a greatly improved training emitter and the other interacting with the Parry talent and also being able to be modded to add a rank in Parry.  There's also a really interesting mod for lightsabers that basically is a cyclic array of crystals (base two, moddable to three) that you can swap between when the saber is off for a maneuver.  Potentially really useful.

Are the armor crafting rules a massive headache?

They're fairly simple.  There's a list of rough templates that have required material costs, time to build, difficulty, and baseline stats.  So you choose a template, spend the materials and time, and make the roll.  Then there's a table to spend the advantage, triumph, threat, and despair that results.  There's stuff like adding additional soak, defense, hard points, altering costs, encumbrance modifiers, and so on.

All the juicy Warden tidbits please. Starting a game soon and one of my players is talking about shifting his aggressor over to Warden. Curious how it will affect my party dynamic.

Sadly Christmas has sucked me outta cash, or I'd be buying this one for sure. Sounds like one of the better class books.

Definitely different, but has a few similar talents.  They share Mental Tools, Comprehend Technology, Imbue Item and Inventor, but the Armorer gets a lot of the armor related talents we've seen from other books (Armor Master and Improved Armor Master) as well as a new one (Supreme Armor Master, which lets you take strain to lower a received crit roll), and the ability to reinforce a weapon or armor with the Cortosis quality by committing force dice.  It also has Lightsaber as a career skill along with Falling Avalanche and Saber Throw, which is very nice.

It's like they looked at the Jedi Knight class from The Old Republic and went "That; let's make that.".  It has everything an aspiring SWTOR Jedi Knight could ask for.

Looks like it would make a good Imperial Knight class as well...

Cool to see the VCX-100 made it into the book.  I'm curious to see how the final stats shake out, since the playtest version that Squadron 66 saw was a beast for the price listed.

how do you do the shuttle?

This!  I thought the introduction of a short-range shuttle to a freighter was a brilliant idea the first time I saw it on the Ghost.

Looks like it would make a good Imperial Knight class as well...

And Jensaarai!

So it's a Darth Vader Spec :)

What were the specialization skills again? We got a partial list, but I wants them all. And thanks for passing along all this great info guys!

Sorry, I didn't get home until late last night so I didn't get to update my post.

Armorer:  Outer Rim Knowledge, Lightsaber, Mechanics, Resilience

Warden:  Brawl, Coercion, Discipline, Underworld Knowledge

Warleader:  Leadership, Perception, Ranged Light, Survival