Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Keeping the Peace preview

It's a cartoon for children. It also features a B-wing with a miniature Deathstar cannon.

They killed off the most interesting character in the first season. They murder tons of faceless stormtroopers that were just working security, but Ahsoka won't kill the two Inquisitors that were attacking and stealing babies. I have trouble suspending my belief when watching it.

While I agree that Rebels has inserted some ridiculous things into the SW universe (and I personally ignore the B-Wing super-beam entirely), it is still canon.  It was pretty obvious that Ahsoka was toying with the Inquisitors.  She outclassed them by such a degree, that killing them would have been more an execution then death via combat.  So maybe she didn't want the Conflict points!?  :P

And if we want to further digress into what Rebels has done to canon starship lore, one could easily point out that in Rebels, the fleet has A-wings before we have even seen Headhunters,Y-Wings or even X-Wings.  The later I understand as X-wings were a relatively new ship for Ep.IV. But Y-wings are a follow-on to one of the Clone Wars ships (name is escaping me now) and the Headhunters are scatter every where across the outerrim. Both of which were iconic staples in the early stages of the rebel fleet. AND the A-wings were originally not brought into service until after the destruction of the first Death Star. A response to needing a faster, lighter ship for trench runs and to combat the evasive Tie Interceptors. 

So, yea. I think it is fair to say that Disney is take quite the liberal brush with its artistic license. All we can do is hold one and try to enjoy the ride. 

Also don't forget CORVETTES being taken down by a single tie fighter..........CORVETTES (regardless how good you are you shouldn't have the firepower for that in a single tie fighter.

It's a cartoon for children. It also features a B-wing with a miniature Deathstar cannon.

They killed off the most interesting character in the first season. They murder tons of faceless stormtroopers that were just working security, but Ahsoka won't kill the two Inquisitors that were attacking and stealing babies. I have trouble suspending my belief when watching it.

While I agree that Rebels has inserted some ridiculous things into the SW universe (and I personally ignore the B-Wing super-beam entirely), it is still canon.  It was pretty obvious that Ahsoka was toying with the Inquisitors.  She outclassed them by such a degree, that killing them would have been more an execution then death via combat.  So maybe she didn't want the Conflict points!?  :P

And if we want to further digress into what Rebels has done to canon starship lore, one could easily point out that in Rebels, the fleet has A-wings before we have even seen Headhunters,Y-Wings or even X-Wings.  The later I understand as X-wings were a relatively new ship for Ep.IV. But Y-wings are a follow-on to one of the Clone Wars ships (name is escaping me now) and the Headhunters are scatter every where across the outerrim. Both of which were iconic staples in the early stages of the rebel fleet. AND the A-wings were originally not brought into service until after the destruction of the first Death Star. A response to needing a faster, lighter ship for trench runs and to combat the evasive Tie Interceptors. 

So, yea. I think it is fair to say that Disney is take quite the liberal brush with its artistic license. All we can do is hold one and try to enjoy the ride. 

Also don't forget CORVETTES being taken down by a single tie fighter..........CORVETTES (regardless how good you are you shouldn't have the firepower for that in a single tie fighter.

Vader just got a really high crit roll.

Vader just got a really high crit roll.

Another potential interpretation...

The first information we ever receive about Anakin Skywalker is from Obi-Wan Kenobi:

"I was once a Jedi knight, the same as your father."

"He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior."

That's the entirety of what we know about him until the big reveal in Empire Strikes Back, but its enough.

Vader presumably has the FaD Starfighter Ace specialization, which includes Exhaust Port.

Ergo, there is a talent catering to snub-fighters blowing up Death Stars and measly little capital ships. 

The whole flipping his tie-fighter and firing away as he flew backward was what cracked me up.

Talk about a "check it out / too cool for school" flourish from the writers.

Edited by Vondy