Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Keeping the Peace preview

Does the book include any new Force Powers?

One. Suppress.

What does it do?

It essentially makes the opposed skill check when you and your allies are attacked with a Force power harder by adding automatic failure (more if you have the Strength Upgrades), and at higher levels of ability even deny the attacker Force Points or the ability to use Ongoing Effects.

One thing I find curious is that one of the lightsaber crystals requires 4 hardpoints. Think it was intentional? It seems strong, but at the same time it's only so useful to a Jedi that already has parry (while someone without could gain a rank in parry for free. Useful for certain characters  that have no use for a saber tree, but still want a defence against the inevitable hit)

One thing I find curious is that one of the lightsaber crystals requires 4 hardpoints. Think it was intentional? It seems strong, but at the same time it's only so useful to a Jedi that already has parry (while someone without could gain a rank in parry for free. Useful for certain characters  that have no use for a saber tree, but still want a defence against the inevitable hit)

There's the boost die. Nice for improved parry check? When having parried.

Still, I agree, 4 HP is expensive.

Edited by Jegergryte

There is also a mod that costs 2 hard points that can install 2 more light saber crystals at no hard point cost in a light saber...

Yeah, though to be fair that makes sense. Changing crystals is not quite as significant as one would think, because it takes time out of combat to do so.

You take a lightsaber you stick in the Cyclic and voila you can have 2 lightsaber crystals in one lightsaber 3 if you mod it. Now you have 6 hard points worth of light saber crystals installed in a single lightsaber for the cost of 2 hard points. Voila your lightsaber is bigger on the inside then the outside.

So, this book is actually out, yes?  I only ask because no one in DFW seems to have it.  Ever.  At least no one in a place to which I'm willing to drive.

In regards to A-Wings on Rebels, if it makes you feel better, just call them Spearheads.  Now it fits into Legends continuity.

So, this book is actually out, yes?  I only ask because no one in DFW seems to have it.  Ever.  At least no one in a place to which I'm willing to drive.

In regards to A-Wings on Rebels, if it makes you feel better, just call them Spearheads.  Now it fits into Legends continuity.

Been out for awhile now. If you can't find it in stores I would check online. Though I know the people at Y2Komics and they will pretty much order any book that they don't have in stock.

You take a lightsaber you stick in the Cyclic and voila you can have 2 lightsaber crystals in one lightsaber 3 if you mod it. Now you have 6 hard points worth of light saber crystals installed in a single lightsaber for the cost of 2 hard points. Voila your lightsaber is bigger on the inside then the outside.

Is it so? I haven't read the book, but I suppose you'll have 6 HP worth of crystals for the cost of 4 HP (2 for the crystal you're using, 2 for the mod). Also, you're not having the full benefits of the three crystals at the same time, just the one which is switched on at the moment, if I interpreted what's being said here correctly.

So, I myself have three crystals in my game, which I can switch install on my Superior Hilt within a pair of minutes' time between combats (as per attachments rules). Then what this mod does is letting you do the same in combat for 2 HP. Seems fair to me.

Edited by Jereru

Yay for piracy! I already bought the book though.

Then I suggest you shut up about the piracy. Not the best place to brag about it here on the company's forum. Just because you have bought the book doesn't entitle you to pirate a digital copy.

What are you talking about, exactly?

I was talking about the links to the talents that someone transcribed and made publicly available while changing the graphic design of the trees.

Yay for piracy! I already bought the book though.

Then I suggest you shut up about the piracy. Not the best place to brag about it here on the company's forum. Just because you have bought the book doesn't entitle you to pirate a digital copy.

What are you talking about, exactly?

I was talking about the links to the talents that someone transcribed and made publicly available while changing the graphic design of the trees.

Then I would not refer to that as piracy. That is more support much like Oggdude's generator. I was under the impression that you got a digital copy of the book from your statement which would be piracy. My apologies if this is not the case. Because of contractual obligations that FFG has with Disney/Lucas they can not produce pdfs of their game line and some feel because of this that pirating digital copies is all right for various reasons they use for rationalization.

It's all cool. I had to order my books online because I didn't feel like paying full msrp, and for Chronicles of the Gatekeeper and Keeping the Peace, the LGS in town ran out of the one copy they had. I'm eagerly awaiting the Mechanic sourcebook for the Droid construction rules.

We just jumped into this system a month ago, and it gets a little expensive for the current DM (me) to buy new books every time we want to try out a new system!

We've got a stack of 4th Edition DnD nearly 2 feet high next to a bunch of Battletech books. We got sick of Shadowrun before too much of an investment.

Now everyone around my table that has a laptop in front of them, I can't really speak for what they might be looking at. I know two of them are addicted to candy crush.

Edited by Vulf

I ended up ordering mine from Barnes and Noble.  It wasn't listed online but their in store system has it listed (so you can order it in person or call).  If you're a B&N member you can get expedited shipping to your house for free (and a 10% discount).