Sign in to follow this  
BizTheDad

CoolStuffInc Satisfaction?

I just got into X Wing and after playing a little and purchasing a few expansions, I'm ready to make a bigger purchase.

I've noticed that CoolStuffInc has better prices and as long as I get over the $100 hump I can get free shipping. Can anyone vouch for their customer service and reliability? If it's sketchy I don't mind paying a little more with Amazon knowing the stuff will most likely get to me and if it doesn't their customer service rocks.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I've placed about a dozen orders with CSI and only had one problem. I ordered some MTG singles and they sent me the wrong version of a certain card which I had ordered 4 copies of. When I brought it to their attention they simply sent me the proper ones. They didn't even ask me to send them back the ones I was sent in error, though I had offered to.

Bottom line: many orders, only one problem, which was dealt with quickly and without any fuss. I will definitely order from them again in the future.

CSI has a discount program that is similar if not better than the MM loyalty points.

AND if you hit $100 at coolstuff the shipping is super fast.

Less than a $100 and the shipping is more expensive with coolstuff.

I had issue with MM holding my orders and NOT fulfilling preorders on time so I stopped using them. Coolstuff has always shipped all my preorders super fast and I never had any issues with them.

CoolStuffInc is great.

One time I wanted to add an item to my order at the last minute and they actually opened the box and added it even though my order was packed and ready to ship.

If you are an Amazon Prime member you can get free shipping on just about any X-Wing merch unless you are getting it from a third-party at a marked up price.

Loyalty points from the other vendors are nice though

Great customer service, excellent mark downs from MSRP, and I've never had a problem with fulfillment of orders or use of their site.  They sometimes goof up on tracking numbers, but they'll fix it for you if you call.  They hold themselves to their embargoes pretty closely, nothing leaves their warehouse until the date of release.  Ordering from Amazon you may actually get the product on release day, but pre-orders at CSI will arrive typically 5 business days after the official product launch (FL to MN shipping).  The loyalty bonus is a good perk, shaving off 1-5% of the advertised price (after final total, so if list is $103 and your order comes out to $98 you still get free shipping).  However seeing how much you've spent with them can make you feel blue.  ;)

Edited by krycis