Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Recording a new IFF Episode on Wednesday- what would you like to hear?

Maybe spend a bit time sharing your opinions about 'prize sniping' with the Sullust events. Seems to have kicked up a stink with some people here.

I still don't believe in this prize sniping thing...

I mean at 2 of my 3 events, Shmitty won 2 of them even though he was from a different area. We did not have many people come a long way but I expect Store Championships to effect that though.

Maybe spend a bit time sharing your opinions about 'prize sniping' with the Sullust events. Seems to have kicked up a stink with some people here.

I still don't believe in this prize sniping thing...

I mean at 2 of my 3 events, Shmitty won 2 of them even though he was from a different area. We did not have many people come a long way but I expect Store Championships to effect that though.

I agree with you. Just thought id like to hear IFFs experience and thoughts.

If someone is willing to take the time, drive several hours, fight their way through the rounds, and come out on top. Yea I think they deserve that. They spent their time, money, and sanity.

This is not 40k. There is no "Eldar" that always wins. If there was then I would be annoyed if they came down with that.

Thankfully, this game is really well balanced right now.

Edited by Lyraeus

'Prize sniping' is just sour grapes, end of story! You weren't good enough to win, get over it, and improve your game ;)

It's not necessary to paint the minis, but it's fun, if you enjoy modelling, but not everyone does.

Edited by Daft Blazer

I don't think I even want to dignify "prize sniping" by discussing it. It's complete malarky. If you don't want someone from out of town coming to play, don't play a globally popular game. Better yet, start a league and make it inconvenient for out of towners- Wednesday night Armada! As someone who loves to travel for tournaments because A- road trips are fun, B- playing new people is fun, and C- I will take any excuse to get games in. That's pretty much all I intend to say about it!

We probably should do some off the cuff R&V, but it will be sans experience. I now have experience with most of the wave 2 ships, so I can't wait to talk about that!

I don't think I even want to dignify "prize sniping" by discussing it. It's complete malarky. If you don't want someone from out of town coming to play, don't play a globally popular game. Better yet, start a league and make it inconvenient for out of towners- Wednesday night Armada! As someone who loves to travel for tournaments because A- road trips are fun, B- playing new people is fun, and C- I will take any excuse to get games in. That's pretty much all I intend to say about it!

We probably should do some off the cuff R&V, but it will be sans experience. I now have experience with most of the wave 2 ships, so I can't wait to talk about that!

Let's see if your experience is similar to mine.

I have not seen R&V's on the table at all sadly. The people that won those have not come to the league or such to play. I did proxy up Nym and he got his ability off once but that is honestly all I needed to strip the brace that led to the death of a VSD.

There's only one thing I'm waiting to hear: That sweet 180 flip on the Mon Cal.

We all know it will happen.

When one of the lead designers say that their favorite ship of Wave 2 was the MC80 I knew it was special. With IFF hating on it so much. . . (well other than Steven, his mind was changed it seems) I know it is only a matter of time

Yeah, but we have to take those opposite approaches for entertainment purposes!

I am in love with the MC80, I doubt Jud has seen it on the board yet. Dano will not want to love it because it's too mainstream. Sunrise, sunset.

Dano won't like it because it does not do much without upgrades.