Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Recording a new IFF Episode on Wednesday- what would you like to hear?

A discussion on obstacle placement could be really interesting. Can talk about creating the battlefield you want to fight on and how to react to your opponent's obstacle placements. Should you start with the station? Where do you want to put it?

Please debate (or better test):

• Electronic Countermeasures vs Advanced Projectors (why not both?) in wave 2.  What is better now facing Admiral Ackbar with 8-10 dice, Lord Vader with rerolls out the wazoo, updated FAQ on XI-7
  • what would each of you take for a squadron heavy list under wave 2 (squadrons, rogues/villains, commanders/upgrades/objectives)

I'd be interested on your take on the new squadrons. Its the one part of Wave 2 that you havn't spent a lot of time on yet but which I think has some interesting possibilities.

Thanks!

• Electronic Countermeasures vs Advanced Projectors (why not both?) in wave 2.  What is better now facing Admiral Ackbar with 8-10 dice, Lord Vader with rerolls out the wazoo, updated FAQ on XI-7
  • what would each of you take for a squadron heavy list under wave 2 (squadrons, rogues/villains, commanders/upgrades/objectives)

Agreed....this^^^^^^     :)

Agreed....this^^^^^^     :)

Another vote for these. Also, I haven't heard a lot of talk about objectives objectives light of the new stuff, so maybe touch on that?

That's debating the wrong thing.  What I want to hear is XI7s vs Heavy Turbolasers vs H9 Turbolasers.  What does your ISD take?  What does your MC80 take?

Once we know what people will take for offense, we can worry about how to mitigate it.

That's debating the wrong thing.  What I want to hear is XI7s vs Heavy Turbolasers vs H9 Turbolasers.  What does your ISD take?  What does your MC80 take?

Once we know what people will take for offense, we can worry about how to mitigate it.

Chicken vs egg. Once we know what people will take for defense, we can worry about how to mitigate it.

Just let Dano talk about whatever Armada ^^

Your gaming experiences and resulting meta (personal style) shifts (if any, but we know there are) are highly appreciated.

lol - I just misread this as:

Your gaming experiences and resulting meta (personal style) shifts (if any, but we know there are) are highly inebriated.

Just let Dano talk about whatever Armada ^^

Your gaming experiences and resulting meta (personal style) shifts (if any, but we know there are) are highly appreciated.

lol - I just misread this as:

Your gaming experiences and resulting meta (personal style) shifts (if any, but we know there are) are highly inebriated.

They may both be correct.

Edited by WWPDSteven

How about list ideas with only the large ships and squadrons?  Also let's not forget new ideas about objectives some that may be less useful and others that were not good that are now pretty amazing, and of course more on the "rogues and villians". 

Good stuff! TBH I'm not sure I can comment much more on R&V yet since I just don't have it and haven't faced it :( But we can make our knee-jerk reactions with absolutely no substance!

I did play a game with 2 MC80s vs 2 ISDs though. It was solid (picture: https://twitter.com/SJMacLauchlan/status/657987024729845760 )