- PTL   (3)

- Engine Upgrade   (4)

Luke Skywalker   (28)

- BB-8   (2)

- Stay on Target   (2)

Biggs Darklighter   (25)

- R5-P9   (3)

100 pts.

My theory being that Wedge is going to be the biggest target, so I've placed R2-D2 on him in order to recover shields as much as possible, and then PTL and Engine Upgrade to give him some maneuverability while still allowing for Focus or TL.  I gave BB-8 and Stay on Target to Luke in order to offer that same mobility if needed. Biggs saddled with R5-P9 in an attempt to give the forced target slightly more durability.

I admit, that against Turrets or against PS 9 opponents, Stay on Target isn't that great.  However it's there if I need it and believe a lot of people are taking sub 9 PS these days. In that case, along with BB-8's ability, it's good for arc dodging.

..... isn't it?

Not really

Bb-8's brand of arc dodging is smashing into your opponent to deny shots by being base-2-base

Also, r2-d2 does next to nothing for Wedge. Given the X's utterly garbage defenses, he'll likely just die before it ever triggers.

All 3 pilots should just swap droids, since Luke can actually take a dang hit without using focus, biggs can force bad shots and abuse r2-d2, and only bb-8's maneuverability (and self blocking) has a chance in hell of keeping Wedge alive

Lastly, ptl + bb-8 are disgusting together and should always be combed. They'll either give you 3 actions (no stress) or let you focus before bumping for heightened defense or offense

Cool thanks!

Will that squadron do well in the current meta? I've always wanted to fly my T-65s, but very rarely have since I can't seem to get away from my 999 build.  I'm used to arc/donut dodging, but wanted to try more durability.  The lack of maneuverability on the X-Wings scares me, but dang it, they've just sat in my carry case and I want to blow the dust off them and practice... but don't want to be just hilariously out-classed. I'm not that good.

I think four t-65s is the way to go - you can squeeze a lot out of those 16 points of mechs and upgrades, R3-A2, BB-8, a crackshot plasma torpedo, maybe even R7 and Tarn. I like this kind of list:

"Hobbie" Klivian (27) X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (26) X-Wing (25), R2 Astromech (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (24) X-Wing (21), R2 Astromech (1), Flechette Torpedoes (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (23) X-Wing (21), R2-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0), Crack Shot (1)

Honestly, no bloody clue :P

I've been experimenting with 3 rookies (r2 and proxies integrated) and ptl + bb-8 wedge (also integrated)

Wedge is a real **** beast once you get the hang of him and bb8 tricks (having played sensor Bs REALLY helps there). Imo, he is instantly viable though I think EU just makes Pie more appealing for the same cost (ptl + bb8 + thrusters)

The rookies...were okay? I mean, that's great because they're just jousters but now they don't suck :D

The long and short of my findings is, IMO, integrated astromech makes the Xwing viable

The only Xs I could justify prior were Biggs, tarn, and Luke due

To their defensive bonsuses

Speaking of Luke, I forgot to recommend Draw Their Fire. Stacking

it with shield regrn on Luke + having Biggs and Wedge to protect will really drive up the squad's durability

I think four t-65s is the way to go - you can squeeze a lot out of those 16 points of mechs and upgrades, R3-A2, BB-8, a crackshot plasma torpedo, maybe even R7 and Tarn. I like this kind of list:

"Hobbie" Klivian (27) X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (26) X-Wing (25), R2 Astromech (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (24) X-Wing (21), R2 Astromech (1), Flechette Torpedoes (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (23) X-Wing (21), R2-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0), Crack Shot (1)

With Biggs in a list like that, I think you need to be good at using him to force your opponent to split fire. Otherwise he'd just be one of your opponent's primary targets regardless of his ability. He'd probably be better off with R4-D6 as well since that will let him shrug off the occasional big hit. It may not trigger in every match, but when it does it will make you opponent spend at least one more attack to take Biggs off the board.  

Speaking of Luke, I forgot to recommend Draw Their Fire. Stacking it with shield regrn on Luke + having Biggs and Wedge to protect will really drive up the squad's durability

Biggs with Integrated Astromech and R4-D6 flying next to DTF Luke with an Integrated R2-D2 will be really annoying to kill unless you can get a lot of guns on Biggs.  Those two leave 41 points to play with.

Edited by WWHSD

It's not all T-65s but this might be effective (and annoying to kill):

Biggs Darklighter (25)

R4-D6 (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Luke Skywalker (28)

Draw Their Fire (1)

R2-D2 (4)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Miranda Doni (29)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

Chewbacca (4)

Advanced SLAM (2)

Total: 100

I just played against a very similar list with poe and dash. BB-8 + ptl is definitely my new favourite combo. Its stupidly easy to get range 1 shots in without taking any back. Imo it's much better suited to wedge than luke and better still on poe with native boost

Mixed results.

The first time I flew them, I **** near flew them into each other.  The first strike was a Joust, and Wedge just totally flubbed his shot, but then Luke with Draw their Fire and Biggs held up well. We picked up dials again, but then it was a **** parking lot and everything crunched together. Biggs and Luke within Range 1 meant that only Wedge could be targetted by the 3 TLTs, and even though Luke and Wedge blew one up before it could fire, Wedge blanked on a lot of green dice and explodified. Then, his last Y-Wing actually had an ion cannon that Ionized Biggs.

2nd round, Biggs flew right into a rock. Luke tried to gun it and get clear, but my opponent simply outplayed me and hard turned a Y-Wing right into Luke's path. By like, a millimeter. The rest of his Y-Wings just did K-Turns and it was over.

But the 2nd game.... I tried to flank and just Speed 4'd up the left side, then 3 turned inwards. He was able to keep his Y-Wings clumped together and just 1 turned towards me. Even though all 3 of my X-Wings were in range, it went decidedly better, as Wedge stripped the shields off one, Luke followed up with a nasty unevaded hit and crit (Direct Hit!), and Biggs was able to put the guy out of his misery on the first turn. Very lucky.  Next turn he kept all his Y-Wings in formation and 1 turned again, so Luke bumped into the closest one but Wedge was able to avoid it with the BB-Roll and Biggs hung back a bit, but only Wedge was outside Range 1 for one of them and only took a single shield hit. Fast forwarding, my opponent was able to kill Biggs first, and then Wedge, but Luke was actually able to recover 2 shields by not spending that Focus and utilizing R5-P9 to recover shield points, which allowed him to destroy the fourth and final Y-Wing.

Can't say I had a great MOV. Those X-Wings handle about as well as the "Sporty" version of a 747, but they pack a punch at Range 1.

I just finished the new Star Wars book about Luke: Weapon of a Jedi. It had a neat dogfight with Luke and Wedge together. I decided to throw a squad together and it destroyed Vader, Vessery, and Juno. I didn't lose a single ship. I like this configuration because your opponent doesn't want to leave Luke for last, but can't just ignore Wedge either. And all the while, the Y-wing is tossing out ion tokens to disrupt your enemies' movements. It's so wave I, but it's so not wave I at the same time because of some of the cool upgrades we've received over the last year.

Wedge Antilles (29)
-BB-8 (2)
-Push the Limit (3)
-Engine Upgrade (4)

Luke Skywalker (28)
-R2-D2 (4)
-Lone Wolf (2)
-Shield Upgrade (4)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
-Ion Cannon Turret (5)
-R5 Astromech (1)

not all t-65s but I think this list could fun/annoying enough

Poe Dameron

R5-P9

Draw their fire

AT

Luke Skywalker

R2-D2

Draw their fire

Shield Upgrad

Biggs

R4-D6

IA

This list isn't mine (I saw it on YouTube) but it looks fun to play and it is iconic.  I just don't have the pilots and droids from the Rebel Transport expansion yet.  It is some sweet synergy.

Rogue Squadron:

(35) Wes Janson

-Veteran Instincts

-Flechette Torpedoes

-R3-A2

-Munitions Failsafe

(34) Wedge Antilles

-Opportunist

-R2 Astromech

(30) Hobbie Klivian

-R2-D6

-Opportunist

Wes strips tokens and sets up the others for Opportunist and Wedge's Ability to capitalize on some serious damage.  Of couse suffers the same issue of x-wing's survivability and if Wes goes down first it's going to be rough.

This list has been working amazing for me - have lost maybe 2 games out of the last two dozen I've played, against a pretty good variety of opponents with a lot more experience than me. Absolutely wrecked a Dash/Corran list when Corran got killed at range 3 in the opening salvo. Four X-Wings can be serious firepower. Also won 2 games in a row (and lost none) against a triple Phantom list... I dunno, maybe I'm just getting lucky, but it's happening pretty often... ;)

The "trick" is that Porkins is the cheapest T-65 pilot with an EPT. Give him Draw Their Fire and R5-P9 and he can help Biggs survive an extra round or two. Then Porkins himself usually becomes the target... but after that, you've got two usually full strength Rookies left over to mop up. Integrated Astromech is pretty awesome IMHO.

Porkins' Revenge - 100pts

Jek Porkins (26)
Draw Their Fire (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)