Sign in to follow this  
Krieger22

GM kit lightsaber construction

The GM kit hasn't shown up in stores here in Norway where I live, so I haven't had a chance to look at the new rules for lightsaber construction. Is there anyone here who can fill me in on the details while I wait for the kit to become available? It would be much appreciated.

Average to Daunting Mechanincs or Know (Lore) check - use the lower if the PCs have been taught to make lightsabers, the higher if they're improvising.

Advantages makes the saber look cool (in a non-mechanic way), so it basically looks cooler than your basic lightsaber, it looks well made. Excessive advantages can also, I think, be used to reduce time, cost and even encumbrance.

Triumph = 1 extra HP per Triumph.

Threats and Despair are opposites, so increased time, increased cost, increased encumbrance, and reduced HP.

EDIT: And of course, you need parts... basically 300 credits worth of parts for a basic (or shoto) hilt, and more if you allow other hilts.

Edited by Jegergryte

Also, the first attachment you add to your homemade lightsaber hilt gets a free, automatic modification. This explicitly includes the crystal, in fact the assumption is that it will almost always be the crystal. So if you construct your own lightsaber then it will be slightly better at the start than a hilt you find or that someone made for you. 

Also, the first attachment you add to your homemade lightsaber hilt gets a free, automatic modification. This explicitly includes the crystal, in fact the assumption is that it will almost always be the crystal. So if you construct your own lightsaber then it will be slightly better at the start than a hilt you find or that someone made for you. 

Of course, if you are someone like me, who believes that all lightsabers need to be custom constructed by a Force-sensitive, that would inherently give all lightsabers 1 free mod on their first attachments...

Of course, if you are someone like me, who believes that all lightsabers need to be custom constructed by a Force-sensitive, that would inherently give all lightsabers 1 free mod on their first attachments...

That's not the worst thing. I don't expect to give players a lightsaber either, but I don't mind them getting a free 100 credit upgrade. If they've gone to the trouble of learning how to craft the thing, finding the parts and securing a crystal then a free mod is neither here nor there. 

I had my only force using PC "find" a double sided hilt in a complex. He then went to Phemis in "Hidden Depths" and I just used hazard encounters instead of a long drawn out adversary list. He found his Rubat Crystal, inserted it into the hilt, and fired that bad boy up. I did however have him encounter the Stormtrooper Commander as he was re-approaching the ship. Good stuff :)