Sign in to follow this  
patox

[PREDICTIONS] Wave 9 (FA spoiler alert)

I actually had an idea for a Z-Wing that I thought was pretty cool.

Here's like, a horrible rough MS Paint draft of it.

EDwoavG.png

what the TIE-Z is that O_o

A draft of a Z-Wing. Sorry that something I made in Paint and said was going to look like a turd, looks like a turd.

Wave 9 (predictions):

• TIE Special Forces (First Order) {small} [from TFA]
  • Millennium Falcon, with Rey pilot, Finn crew, two named Scum pilots and some generics (Resistance/Scum, 2 dials) {large} [from TFA]
  • Scurrg H-6/Havoc/Shadow Caster (Scum) {large} [from EU, Rebels]
  • Minstrell-class, with Star jewel title, Jabba & entourage crew cards (Scum) {epic} [from EU] (bonus: comes with an alt painted M3-A and a fix for this ship)

Wave 9 (hopes):

It has NOTHING in common with the Scurrg series.

Like.

At all.

Upon closer inspection, the Shadow Caster doesn't appear to be a Scurrg H-6. Even if it were heavily modified. Unless Ketsu moved the engines to the wings of the ship and moved up the cockpit. And changed the entire body from a rectangular shape to a saucer. Then maybe.

pic2829404_lg.jpg

pic2829403_lg.jpg

That's that settled then!  Seeing a shp from multiple angles is always helpful.

I still imagine the Scurrg will be closer to a release than the Shadow Caster, though.  Given it's already out for Armada.

Edited by FTS Gecko

They look close enough that I could believe they were both part of the same ship series.

Like the way the YT-1300, 2000, 2400 are.  All very different ships, but thematically similar.

I could see the H-6 and the Shadow Caster having the same deal going on.  The Shadow Caster could be, like, a Scurrg H-12 and it would be perfectly fitting.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Upon closer inspection, the Shadow Caster doesn't appear to be a Scurrg H-6. Even if it were heavily modified. Unless Ketsu moved the engines to the wings of the ship and moved up the cockpit. And changed the entire body from a rectangular shape to a saucer. Then maybe.

pic2829404_lg.jpg

pic2829403_lg.jpg

The Defiant? When did ST ships invade Rebels? Maybe we can give them the defiant back and we can get the Klingon Bird of Prey since it was obviously designed to be the SW scum shuttle.

Wave 9 (predictions):

• TIE Special Forces (First Order) {small} [from TFA]
  • Millennium Falcon, with Rey pilot, Finn crew, two named Scum pilots and some generics (Resistance/Scum, 2 dials) {large} [from TFA]
  • Scurrg H-6/Havoc or Shadow Caster (Scum) {large} [from EU, Rebels]
  • Minstrell-class, with Star jewel title, Jabba & entourage crew cards (Scum) {epic} [from EU] (bonus: comes with an alt painted M3-A and a fix for this ship)

Wave 9 (hopes):

Wave 11 after Episode 8 I bet! JJ was is safe-mode so all we got was X's and T's this time.

:)

pic2829404_lg.jpg

pic2829403_lg.jpg

However..

The top Scurrg H-6 seems identical to the Havoc, barring paint job. Perhaps the Look that the Havoc sports, the only time I recall any of this such ship being seen, is because it was referred to as a prototype. Perhaps that look changed for the production model?

The Emperor's Finest

- TIE Defender x2

- New Defender-only titles (at least 2, one for action economy, one for Elite Talent boosting) and a modification (either discounted cannons or simultaneous shooting with cannons and primary guns)

- Several copies of each title and mod, as well as a few more copies of Predator and TIE Mk2

pic2829404_lg.jpg

pic2829403_lg.jpg

However..

The top Scurrg H-6 seems identical to the Havoc, barring paint job. Perhaps the Look that the Havoc sports, the only time I recall any of this such ship being seen, is because it was referred to as a prototype. Perhaps that look changed for the production model?

Look.

This needs to end here and now.

There is nothing Scurrg like about The Banshee aside from a wide profile and a somewhat similar cockpit. That's it.

That is literally it.

Everything else is completely different, It's also way, way larger. The Banshee is a personal ship / Transport kind of thing- at no point was it ever indicated to have any kind of bombs or even munitions.

It isn't a Scurrg.

The Emperor's Finest

- TIE Defender x2

- New Defender-only titles (at least 2, one for action economy, one for Elite Talent boosting) and a modification (either discounted cannons or simultaneous shooting with cannons and primary guns)

- Several copies of each title and mod, as well as a few more copies of Predator and TIE Mk2

Double ****.

Look.

This needs to end here and now.

There is nothing Scurrg like about The Banshee aside from a wide profile and a somewhat similar cockpit. That's it.That is literally it.

Everything else is completely different, It's also way, way larger. The Banshee is a personal ship / Transport kind of thing- at no point was it ever indicated to have any kind of bombs or even munitions.

It isn't a Scurrg.

Nothing alike except for the cockpit, profile, and dorsal turret. I admit that having some vague similarities and trying to link them is grasping at straws. That us why I mentioned the Havoc, the only time the scurrg h-6 was shown, was a prototype. Also, the Scurrg has the disadvantage of being non canon from a source that fewer people know about.

Also, where are you getting all the sizes for the Havoc/scurrg h-6, Shadow Caster and Banshee? The capabilities of the first can be extrapolated from the game. The second we know has a turret and tractor beam. The Banshee? Hasn't had a canon visual depiction. The concept art doesnt quite qualify.

So, yes, linking the Shadow Caster and Havoc is trying to reconcile the similarities. If for no other reason to justify the Havocs existence alongside the more widely known and recognizable shadow caster. The Havoc/scurrg h-6 was from a nearly 15 year old game, which while fun, likely has less recognition than the ship that shows up in the Latest season of Rebels. Which has a better chance of showing up in x-wing now? Especially since those Rebels floodgates are open with the Gozanti, Ghost and TIE advanced prototype.

The Havoc being in armada was possibly due to FFG not being informed of what was going to show up in Rebels. While both ships could show up, if Disney starts meddling (asking for canon content) to show up, FFG will likely do that before old legends material. It makes sense afterall. With the Force Awakens, and Rebels somewhat, pushing Star Wars the forefront of peoples radar, why not make ships that people will recognize more easily?

15 year old legends design from video game Vs. 1 year old design from massive media viewership? Which will connect with more people? I bet the latter, and more people equals more chance for profit.

The Scurrg is likely, given its presence in Armada. But The Banshee is also likely.

As far as the sizes, at the risk of being a jerk- I actually watched the show. It's got a spacey interior, and sure ain't no fighter. No, she's a big bad ship alright.

We could see both. I want to see both, and I concede that I wish to see the Scurrg more. The thing here is, they have a chance to have a Rebel and Scum variant of both.

Hmmm... My guesses: 4 ships regarless of what others think - the TFA wave (What I call the wave lauching the TFA Core, TIE/fo and T/70 X-Wing) made Wave 8 6 ships in size by adding 2 extra ship after the initial announcement and launching them before the rest of the wave was launched. This may again be repeated in Wave 10 coinciding with the release of "Rogue One", and again in Wave 11 coinciding with the release of Episode VIII. In fact I'm pretty certain of Wave 11 having something similar to the TFA release but less certain about "Rogue One" as it is more of a heist movie than a battle movie or a space opera.

Imperial

TFA has 2 strong contenders for a spot here: the TIE/sf and the Upsilon-class shuttle. On one hand, FFG might want to launch them straight away, on the other hand, they might want to wait for LSG to actually release some canon pilot names or callsigns, instead of having uniques for Black Leader, Black Ace, etc (the only known squadron for TIE/sf at the moment is Black Squadron).

Going back to Legends, the TIE Aggressor (missile carrier with turret) or the (TIE) Scimitar Assault Bomber, are choices if FFG decides to stick to TIEs. Alternatively, they could get another large ship - the Star Courier has been featured in the "Lando" comic by Marvel and is one of Emperor Palpatine's personal starship (among many others). I'm personally hoping for the TIE/sf or the TIE Aggressor.

Rebels

The only TFA ship left for the Resistance is the Rebel Transport - a frankenstein ship assembled mostly from parts of a B-Wing. It's got shuttle sub-light engines, B-Wing shields, and can mount a bunch of canons and even torpedoes. A Width of 16.8 means it could possibly fit on a small base.

The Rebels are almost certain to get a small ship after getting the massive Ghost, however all the well known small star fighters in the Rebel Alliance have already been done. More obsure small ships are: clone war era fighters known to be used by the Rebel alliance include the N-1 (flown by Leia and Poe's mom in Disney Canon), the Eta-2 Actis (a few Jedi supporters of the Rebellion managed to flee Order 66 with their starships in Legends), and the Belbullab-22 (Obi-wan claimed the Souless One after Order 66 - its either with him or Bail, many seperatist holdouts join the Rebellion according to Legends lore as well). Deeper in Legends is the H-Wing and FFG's own Tallanx-Class Stealth Fighter. I'm personally hoping for the Tallanx-Class Stealth Fighter which is a light (Z-95 equivilent) starfighter with cloaking ability.

Scum

Scum is still catching up so I expect to see 2 ships for scum here - at least 1 will be a Large ship continuing their theme.

For large ships, the Scurrg H-6 is the most likely, having appreared in Armarda. Also it's a dedicated heavy fighter bomber - something that scum doesn't have. Scum still has a large selection of ships as compared to Rebels or Imperials both which are close to saturation, but ideally I'd like to see a true heavy fighter (large powerful still moves like a fighter rather than a shuttle or freighter), like the Preybird, the M12-L Kimogila or the Rihkxyrk assault fighter or a small fighter with an astromech like the G1-M4-C Dunelizard of the Drexl.

However along with these I also expect the announcement of a Scum Aces type expansion, and possibly a Scum huge ship within the first half of the year. Also, a Rebels Veterans expansion may be announced (this is uncertain as pretty much every ship in Rebels is playable with at least 1 or 2 pilots) - if it does happen I expect the E-Wing to be in it while the other is less certain but is likely to be either the Z-95 or X-Wing. The reason for this is I expect either the Z-95 or X-Wing to be featured in the Rogue One movie (for spoiler-ish reasons I won't post) and Y-Wings have been used in Rogue One promo material so far. I'm pretty sure we'll see a Rogue One tie in release in December, Rebels with Y-Wings is pretty much a certainty, not sure about Imperials or Scum, and I'm pretty confident it will not be a core set (I could be wrong on this). 

We could see both. I want to see both, and I concede that I wish to see the Scurrg more. The thing here is, they have a chance to have a Rebel and Scum variant of both.

Not sure why you would think the Banshee/Shadow Caster or the Scurrg H-6 could be a Rebel Ship. Ventress has a chronological problem with the Rebel Alliance, while Onyo returns to the Black Sun after given an invite to the Rebellion. The Lok Revenants are completely nuetral to both the Rebels and the Galactic Empire in Legends, although Nym did favors for "friends" (not military favors however) - I'm not even sure why FFG felt it was a good idea to use it in Armada as a Rebel ship.

The Banshee/Shadow Caster's other problem is that LSG hasn't given it a class yet - it might have been decided but it hasn't been published and FFG is the first to discose it however (I wouldn't know). It is described as a pursuit craft which matches the Heavy Fighters that I hope to see in the next wave however.

Edited by Hantheman

Not sure why you would think the Banshee/Shadow Caster or the Scurrg H-6 could be a Rebel Ship. Ventress has a chronological problem with the Rebel Alliance, while Onyo returns to the Black Sun after given an invite to the Rebellion. The Lok Revenants are completely nuetral to both the Rebels and the Galactic Empire in Legends, although Nym did favors for "friends" (not military favors however) - I'm not even sure why FFG felt it was a good idea to use it in Armada as a Rebel ship.

Because Ketsu might end up a Rebel.

As for The Scurrg being Rebel, the precedent has been set. Armada fields them as Rebel Heavy Bombers.

So it's there. I don't 100% agree with it, but it's there.

Because Ketsu might end up a Rebel.

As for The Scurrg being Rebel, the precedent has been set. Armada fields them as Rebel Heavy Bombers.

So it's there. I don't 100% agree with it, but it's there.

Ok so one might - Still need at least 2 uniques - Onyo and Ventress were both Bounty Hunters when they owned this ship - so its more likely to be scum with 2 non-uniques, or maybe they'll throw in Quinlan Vos, the man's pretty scummy for a Jedi.

For Scurrg, I can see Nym, Jinkins and Kole as the 3 uniques.

That looks Transformers 80s box art as ****!

Oh man, I had forgotten all about those dinosaur transformers. Awesome.

Transformers box art was always awesome as anything, and always in space. Where is the box art now? Where is my epic battle scenes that demand tha Metal and head banging?

Oh, I guess FFG found it.

I just noticed that the green guy has a cement truck for a leg

That looks Transformers 80s box art as ****!

Oh man, I had forgotten all about those dinosaur transformers. Awesome.

Transformers box art was always awesome as anything, and always in space. Where is the box art now? Where is my epic battle scenes that demand tha Metal and head banging?

Oh, I guess FFG found it.

I just noticed that the green guy has a cement truck for a leg

I hope you don't find that image...Devastating!

<spoiler>

SDCC-Devastator-034.jpg

</spoiler>

I'd be all about the TIE Avenger finally making it into the game. Of all the non-movie TIEs, it's by far the best looking one. Unlike the rather bizarre and impractical design of Defender, it actually looked like a logical progression of the TIE line based on the movie-canon fighters. With something like a 3/3/3/2 stat line, TL/Focus/Evade/Barrel Roll with Missiles and System upgrades it would be a decent reflection of its performance from the X-WIng and TIE Fighter games. Maybe even a specific Avenger-only tractor beam System upgrade.

TIEAvenger-CCGArtShow.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure we'll see any Force Awakens stuff in Wave 9.

Because their release coincided with the release of the film, the T-70 and TIE/fo felt more like an interim release (like, say an Aces Pack) than as part of a wave release.  While I expect we'll see more Force Awakens ships down the line (TIE/sf and Poe's T-70 at least), we might see them come out at the same time as the Force Awaken's BluRay/DVD release...

Wave 9 could be pretty much anything at this point.  We'll know more in about a month or so, I imagine!

YT-1300 Freighter - Scum and Villainy edition with square radar dish. Pilots for Scum, as well dials/templates for Resistance with Veteran Han Solo and Rey/Finn cards

Had not considered this as a way to get Rey/new Falcon. Resistance Falcon with new dish. New Han, Chewie and Rey resistance pilot cards along with Fin, Rey and BB-8 crew cards. Fin card would be something like Gunner as both times we really see him do something in a ship, he's a gunner. Rey crew card, not sure. Fix the ship she's on? Guessing a pilot Rey should have some maneuver-based ability.

I'd be all about the TIE Avenger finally making it into the game. Of all the non-movie TIEs, it's by far the best looking one. Unlike the rather bizarre and impractical design of Defender, it actually looked like a logical progression of the TIE line based on the movie-canon fighters. With something like a 3/3/3/2 stat line, TL/Focus/Evade/Barrel Roll with Missiles and System upgrades it would be a decent reflection of its performance from the X-WIng and TIE Fighter games. Maybe even a specific Avenger-only tractor beam System upgrade.

TIEAvenger-CCGArtShow.jpg

Should have had this before the Phantom. However, it's place in the lineup now is getting smaller. It's basicly an Interceptor + an Advanced. Moves like the Interceptor with shields and a missile from the Advanced. Costs more than either but not as much as a Defenfer. And now we have the Advanced Proto thrown in.

I'd love to see the Assault Gunboat and the Skipray in the mix soon...

And as for the first Scum Huge base ship, I think the choice is pretty clear.  Any answer that is not "Marauder Corvette" is wrong.  :lol:

MarauderCorvette.jpg

That's a sexy ship and all but...

Baleen for Epic Scum President!

Also, what kind of cement company rolls around in a blingin' green truck with a purple chrome mixer? 

Edited by Darkcloak