Sign in to follow this  
patox

[PREDICTIONS] Wave 9 (FA spoiler alert)

Who's ready for some predicting? What do you think Wave 9 will entail?

Is there going to be a ship from out of nowhere, like the TIE/IT Interdictor? And what about that elusive Alpha-class Xg-1 Star Wing. Will it ever make an appearance? Or maybe something from Rebels that we haven't seen yet.

My Wave 9 Predictions:

4 ships

Announced Dec 2015

Released Mar 2016

• First Order Special Forces TIE fighter
  • First Order Command Shuttle
  • Unnamed Resistance Fighter (next gen B-Wing)
  • Scurrg H-6 bomber (S&V)

Way I see it:

6 ships

2 from the SW: Rebels

2 from Episode 7 - the Ass Cannon and the Flying Boxcar

2 from the EU

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried filling in some gaps, like giving Imps a turret platform or giving Scum a decent arc dodger. One of the new expansions will probably come with an autothruster.

Skurrg seems like a safe guess when it was the only ship not already in the game to appear in the Armada fighter packs.

Kylo Ren's shuttle is an imposing-looking large base ship that would serve as the marquee expansion for the wave.

Edited by WingedSpider

The Emperor's Finest

- TIE Defender x2

- New Defender-only titles (at least 2, one for action economy, one for Elite Talent boosting) and a modification (either discounted cannons or simultaneous shooting with cannons and primary guns)

- Several copies of each title and mod, as well as a few more copies of Predator and TIE Mk2

Aces for Hire

- StarViper and K-Fighter

- New title for the SV that gives it an Illicit slot and some other kind of bonus

- Several copies of a new Illicit upgrade or two

TIE Scout

- New Ping action and new Ping token type

X-Wing Variants

- Several new titles for various upgrades, including Recon-X (gives it the new Ping action) and T-65 Modernization Package; many copies of each

- New Astromechs, including a generic designed for low-PS pilots (restricted to sub-PS4) and not X-Wing only

Overall predictions for after Wave 8-

TFA:

Sp.Forces TIE

Blk.Sq. T-70

FO Troop Transport

FO Shuttle

Play-mat

Rebels:

N1 Fighter (wait for it)

B-wing Prototype (Red paintjob & built in HLC)

Scum:

Aces Expansion Pack (M3-A, Starviper)

Epic Expansion Pack (Jabba's Yatch with repurpose cards, dials, tiles for the GR-45)

*I'd like to get MOST WANTED style boxes for TFA ships: Resistance Heroes (New Falcon, BlkSq. T-70) and First Order Champions (FO Shuttle, Sp.Forces TIE). Included in each pack, should be Retrofit cards, dials, tiles for at least 1 small ship.

My guess is, as a few have suggested, that it'll be tied in heavily to SW:TFA and SW:Rebels. No better time to market new product than when the new movie is just landing.

The scene in the new TFA trailer, with all the banner flags hanging down, looks to be some kind of S&V connection - most of the banners seem to be tied back to Tatooine and E1-2 story line (ugh!).

TFA honestly looks to have exhausted its ships already, given that the landing-boat thing isn't even vaguely a fighter and the new shuttle is HUGE. Even with folded wings it'd be easy to topple, and it's well out of the size range for large ships.

Way I see it:

6 ships

2 from the SW: Rebels

2 from Episode 7 - the Ass Cannon and the Flying Boxcar

2 from the EU

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried filling in some gaps, like giving Imps a turret platform or giving Scum a decent arc dodger. One of the new expansions will probably come with an autothruster.

The StarViper was supposed to be the Scum arc-dodger. Overpriced or not, it just costs too much, and the PS doesn't quite cut it (which then favors VI, which cuts off PTL)...

At this point, I'm not sure how you'd 'fix' it, to be honest. It already has a title and modificaiton, and the aces aren't bad... but they're more E-wing than A-wing/Interceptor, y'know?

I'd kinda liked the idea of a 'slow' arc-dodger. Perhaps we'll see one yet. ;)

Edited by Reiver

Wave 8.5

Imperial Aces 2: Tie Shuttle (bomber) and Tie Defender (tie shuttle side includes cards that buff the lambada)

Rebel Aces 2: Xwing (more copies of integrated astro and targetting astromech) and Ewing

Most Wanted 2: Starviper (more titles, including ones usable by generics) and Scyk. (double illicit title, craft unique mod slots.)

Edited by Rakaydos

TFA honestly looks to have exhausted its ships already, given that the landing-boat thing isn't even vaguely a fighter and the new shuttle is HUGE. Even with folded wings it'd be easy to topple, and it's well out of the size range for large ships.

The shuttle's nowhere near that big; judging by its brief appearance alongside the boats, it's not much bigger than those and the boats aren't that big in the first place when seen in the crowd shot. 

Plus, there's no way such a cool-looking ship is getting passed over. :P That thing's no longer a space cow, it's Death with wings. 

Edited by WingedSpider

YT-1300 Freighter - Scum and Villainy edition with square radar dish. Pilots for Scum, as well dials/templates for Resistance with Veteran Han Solo and Rey/Finn cards

Kylo Ren's Shuttle - just because :)

Tie Fighter Special Forces (with rear firing arc)

T-70 Xwing (black/Orange scheme)

That should do it, right? :)

QS =D

I see the TFA shuttle as the main one for Imp/FO. Better dial than the Lambda, with some new crew choices. Other than that...

Maybe another Hutt Cartel ship for Scum like the Vaksai (improved Kihraxz), similar to how the new X-wing/TIE are upgrades of their respective factions.Stats/dial in-between a Kihraxz and a B-wing.

No real idea on what the Rebels would get, unless we see some new ships in the movie/from the Rebwls show.

The shuttle's nowhere near that big; judging by its brief appearance alongside the boats, it's not much bigger than those and the boats aren't that big in the first place when seen in the crowd shot.

Plus, there's no way such a cool-looking ship is getting passed over. :P That thing's no longer a space cow, it's Death with wings.

The wings probably fold then collapse down like the toy/lego set so it should be capable of making itself smaller on the play-mat. I also think it's not that big, but if the model is gonna be huge- FFG already figured out how to fit big'ns like the Ghost.

I believe the flying brick/troop transport has a turret/laser-cannon and missles of some sort. And we have just seen the ships in the trailers & teasers, so I'm quite certain there will be more from TFA.

OK, Shhh! Rebels is coming on.....

Edited by dewbie420

Plus, there's no way such a cool-looking ship is getting passed over. :P That thing's no longer a space cow, it's Death with wings

I know right!

:D

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven