Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

Having a log in function to store lists and even categorize them by name and a small description would be awesome and prevent me from printing so much. Having a library so to speak that allows friend with passwords to view but not edit would be seriously awesome. That would has pry some serious money from me because you would then be saving me money on printing!

Thanks again.

Hey there Admirals,

I am entering a season of low-profile works and I'm going to have more time to spend for my things, and I've decided to dedicate some time to maintain and upgrade Armada Warlords. The main points I'll be looking on in the following time will be:

• Automated mails: add mails to send upon registration and for password recovery, send lists via mail.

• Cookies: I'll be adding cookies to the website so you'll be automatically logged in each time you visit the site from a previously used browser/device.

• Rich text list: I'm going to add a WYSIWYG text editor similar to the ones you find of forums where you can add text to your fleets, so you'll be able to explain better your ideas, or save some notes for yourself.

• Fix the edit function that sometimes loses the Title upgrade in the graphic view (I think it still saves it, but of course there is no video output and it is quite awkward to understand)

If you have more ideas, add them here, I'll be sure to check everything out. As always, any help, especially from people with high web development skills, is most welcome.

Thank you nevetz1911

Having a log in function to store lists and even categorize them by name and a small description would be awesome and prevent me from printing so much. Having a library so to speak that allows friend with passwords to view but not edit would be seriously awesome. That would has pry some serious money from me because you would then be saving me money on printing!

Thanks again.

Hey there AdmiralNelson,

what you are describing is already in the application. If you create an account, every list you create will be saved to your account and you will be able to choose which lists are private and which not. Also, anybody with the link of your private lists can see them anytime without possibility to edit them.

If I might request making the cards a bit smaller. Not by a lot, but browsing through your list on a smaller monitor or phone seems to create these big pileups due to the upgrade cards taking up a lot of space.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're implementing just about everything else I would've asked for.

you know you can minimize your ships and squadrons right?

If I might request making the cards a bit smaller. Not by a lot, but browsing through your list on a smaller monitor or phone seems to create these big pileups due to the upgrade cards taking up a lot of space.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're implementing just about everything else I would've asked for.

you know you can minimize your ships and squadrons right?

Yes, but when you're actually selecting everything you still need to scroll through all kinds of stuff. It doesn't bother me at all when I'm at my PC at home using a big monitor, but when I'm on a laptop/tablet or even worse, my phone, it's a traffic jam of oversized cards.

I noticed recently that some titles, like Dodonna's Pride and Paragon don't show up in the text output. Not sure if this is just me or a regular bug.

I love the site, use it often. Good job.

Edited by LTD

I noticed recently that some titles, like Dodonna's Pride and Paragon don't show up in the text output. Not sure if this is just me or a regular bug.

This is new to me. And quite concerning I'd say. Got any list where this bug shows up?

Had this happen to me, too - the titles don't transfer to the final list and aren't included in the points.

The builder is awesome, btw. :D

Taking the chance to thank you for your great site!!

2 remarks, may have been made plenty of times, sorry if so: Can you copy a ship and irs upgrades? And can you print the list in the format of the ffg tournament list sheet?

I didnt notice either, but maybe you get the options when registered (I am not).

2 remarks, may have been made plenty of times, sorry if so: Can you copy a ship and irs upgrades? And can you print the list in the format of the ffg tournament list sheet?

I didnt notice either, but maybe you get the options when registered (I am not).

I'll be adding the "Duplicate Ship" feature soon. Can you link me an FFG list sheet example?

This is new to me. And quite concerning I'd say. Got any list where this bug shows up?

Not sure if this works...

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/fleet_builder.php?edit=true&listId=15181

My user name is LTD, the fleet is called "First Strike"

Dodonna's Pride and Paragon are in the selection, not in the output.

Edited by LTD

Not sure if this works...

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/fleet_builder.php?edit=true&listId=15181

My user name is LTD, the fleet is called "First Strike"

Dodonna's Pride and Paragon are in the selection, not in the output.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the problem.

To everyone: I've added the pagination to the Latests Build page, so you can now move and look for any older public list. I'll later add some search/filter options too.

I'll be adding the "Duplicate Ship" feature soon. Can you link me an FFG list sheet example?

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/7f/fa/7ffa40f1-4f47-47c9-bec9-7d57310844ba/armada-fleet-sheet.pdf

Will try to add it to the list views.

Anyway, now the password recovery system is all up and working. Gone are the days when you had to submit a password request and I had to manually change it. God bless machines.

Just curious, but after DA's custom cards are incorporated, is there any chance of a future collaboration with Kaut Drive Yards, to include their custom cards as well?

http://kdyards.com/index.php

It would be truly amazing to be able to create and save build lists with my own custom cards, but I have no idea how feasible this would be.

Just curious, but after DA's custom cards are incorporated, is there any chance of a future collaboration with Kaut Drive Yards, to include their custom cards as well?

http://kdyards.com/index.php

It would be truly amazing to be able to create and save build lists with my own custom cards, but I have no idea how feasible this would be.

Hey there cynanbloodbane, I was already PM'd by FoaS about this, and long story short, we may see about this when I'll be done with DA's expansion, and I'm probably talking about late 2016 unfortunately.

also any ETA on when the rebel ship and squadron card sizes will be fixed

It should have been fixed now. 

Edited by Nevetz

May I ask a moment of your time?

My real work situation isn't really shining right now, and I may find myself without much to do but looking for a new place in the following months. This is one of the causes I am now allowed more to work on Warlords than previously. Although you may of course be happy for the new things, things for me aren't the brightest right now.

I can't really say what will happen in the near future, but I am preparing myself to live for some time without a real full time job. This is why I am creating a Patreon for Armada Warlords. While of course programming Armada Walords isn't a real job, your help may help me pass through this time, and I could spend a lot more hours a day on Warlords itself. All is ask is, if you want to support, to become a Patron for Armada Warlords. I'm not totally an expert and I'm still setting up the thing, but everything I ask is to become a Patron for 2$ or 5$ each month.

Warlords at the moment counts more than 1200 registered users and 9000+ anonymous ones, so if only half of the registered users could donate 2$ a month, I could be living just by updating Warlords for some time, while also paying the server and the other services to keep Armada Warlords online 24/7.

As for Armada Warlords, I have still so many things I would like to add to the application, and this bad time could be just the start for something new. Warlords could gather and process list data and show infographics, have more mobile-friendly features that will let you use Warlords on your phone and create lists on-the-go. We could have list rating, comments anddiscussions between users on each list, and many more social-media like features that are only waiting to be coded.

Becoming a Patron for 2$/month may seem little, but if everybody of you shares this ideal with me, everything of this could become reality in the future, step after step, with the "customer-fidelty" I've always been proud to sustain.

The Patreon lets me keep track of people helping me with this project and rewarding them with new features. It is also a great way to keep in contact with me and the ongoing updates of Armada Warlords.

Thank you for reading, and I'll hope for the best for the future

nevetz1911

You can follow my Patreon here:

patreon.png

Edited by Nevetz

Something something new is brewing on my Test Warlords...

jM5d30Z.png

edit: the text editor is now in the online version, but it doesn't let you upload any image for now. I'm adding the output to the view pages now.

Looks like there's something up when saving with the text editor. 

I created a new list, added a bit of text, then processed the list. Page gave the usual "Success" message. Then tried opening the list with the "Go to public view" button and got a 403 Forbidden error. The list isn't showing in my fleets and isn't in the latest builds.

Instead of the Token ID in the URL it's got an error message within the URL:

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=mysql%20error:%20[1064:%20You%20have%20an%20error%20in%20your%20SQL%20syntax;%20check%20the%20manual%20that%20corresponds%20to%20your%20MySQL%20server%20version%20for%20the%20right%20syntax%20to%20use%20near%20%27m%20gonna%20use%20this%20big%20pile%20of%20YV-666%20that%20I%20own.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EMaybe.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EEventually.%3C/%27%20at%20line%201]%20in%20EXECUTE(%22INSERT%20INTO%20amd_lists(user_id,%20faction,%20points,%20obj_1_id,%20obj_2_id,%20obj_3_id,%20commander_id,%20is_public,%20fleet_name,%20current_points,%20description)%20VALUES%20(488,%27e%27,400,7,9,1,9,1,%27Execute%20Order%20YV-666%27,%20399,%20%27%3Cp%3EOne%20of%20these%20days%20I%27m%20gonna%20use%20this%20big%20pile%20of%20YV-666%20that%20I%20own.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EMaybe.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EEventually.%3C/p%3E%27)%22)
Edited by Akhrin

jM5d30Z.png

edit: the text editor is now in the online version, but it doesn't let you upload any image for now. I'm adding the output to the view pages now.

I created a new list, added a bit of text, then processed the list. Page gave the usual "Success" message. Then tried opening the list with the "Go to public view" button and got a 403 Forbidden error. The list isn't showing in my fleets and isn't in the latest builds.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=mysql%20error:%20[1064:%20You%20have%20an%20error%20in%20your%20SQL%20syntax;%20check%20the%20manual%20that%20corresponds%20to%20your%20MySQL%20server%20version%20for%20the%20right%20syntax%20to%20use%20near%20%27m%20gonna%20use%20this%20big%20pile%20of%20YV-666%20that%20I%20own.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EMaybe.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EEventually.%3C/%27%20at%20line%201]%20in%20EXECUTE(%22INSERT%20INTO%20amd_lists(user_id,%20faction,%20points,%20obj_1_id,%20obj_2_id,%20obj_3_id,%20commander_id,%20is_public,%20fleet_name,%20current_points,%20description)%20VALUES%20(488,%27e%27,400,7,9,1,9,1,%27Execute%20Order%20YV-666%27,%20399,%20%27%3Cp%3EOne%20of%20these%20days%20I%27m%20gonna%20use%20this%20big%20pile%20of%20YV-666%20that%20I%20own.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EMaybe.%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3EEventually.%3C/p%3E%27)%22)

Mmh interesting. I'll give it a look right now.

edit: since the list wasn't saved, there isn't much I can do for it. Can you provide me the text you tried to insert? Maybe it's some encoding problem. I'm adding a new encoding layer to the description just to be sure it doesn't happen something similiar.

Edited by Nevetz

jM5d30Z.png

Mmh interesting. I'll give it a look right now.

edit: since the list wasn't saved, there isn't much I can do for it. Can you provide me the text you tried to insert? Maybe it's some encoding problem. I'm adding a new encoding layer to the description just to be sure it doesn't happen something similiar.

I think it's the apostrophe. Tried it again with the following line:

I'm gonna use these YV-666

get the same error URL, and part of it is 

for%20the%20right%20syntax%20to%20use%20near%20%27m%20gonna%20use%20these%20YV-666

which is missing the text I've used up until the apostrophe.