Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

Updated the builder with the corrected calculation of squadron points. Next thing I'll be working on in the fleet builder is the "copy ship" function, which will duplicate an existing ship. Also working on a statistics page, which will use the data saved in the database to generate more content.

I'm loving the Fleet builder! Now with the change I can edit old builds that I saved this change was the butter on my toast.

I like the "Lastest Builds" and seeing what other users have created. The question I have about it though is in it's current state the last build on the "Lastest Build" list rolls off as soon as a new public build is submitted. In the future will there be a way to reference back more public builds or all of the public builds? Also is there or would there be the ability to rate a public build in the future?

I'm loving the Fleet builder! Now with the change I can edit old builds that I saved this change was the butter on my toast.

I like the "Lastest Builds" and seeing what other users have created. The question I have about it though is in it's current state the last build on the "Lastest Build" list rolls off as soon as a new public build is submitted. In the future will there be a way to reference back more public builds or all of the public builds? Also is there or would there be the ability to rate a public build in the future?

Hey there,

I'm glad you like the new updates. About your questions:

• New lists (reigstered users fleets that are marked as public and lists from unregistered users) will always be published at the top of the 'main' (I'll explain soon) grid. Any edit won't change the order of the lists;
  • I plan for the future to insert many things to lists and on the latest builds page, which I think it will become one of the central pages of the application: first of all, lists may include tags decided by the author, such as, for example, "Aggressive" or "Swarm" or "Rhymer Ball"... you get it. This way, lists will talk a lot more than just a list of titles, commanders and points. With this update, the Latest Builds will get a search function (based on such tags and some other things, like name, faction, total points, commander) that will let you search through all the public lists (which the last time I checked were like 950).  
  • Users will be able to set 2 options for every of thier lists, which will be "enable comments" and "enable ratings". Quite obvious functions, but anyway users will be able, if let by the author, to post comments on the fleet view and rate it (i think the vote will be from 1 to 10, step 1). This last feature may take quite some time to really go public, but given time I really think I can deliver.

--

Lastly, another very big feature I'd like to implement is called "Combat Simulation": users will be able to create, in a specific page, an envoironment where they can select 2 ships, equip them, choose bonuses and maluses (Concentrate Fire, Ackbar, Obstruction, etc....), and basically let them fight by choosing their position. For example you could test how an ISD-II with Vader, 2 discarded defense tokens, Devastator and Slaved Turrets would behave shooting from its front arc against the side arc of a AFMK-2 with ECM. I'm not sure if I'll implement it or not, because it won't be easy and it could really take a lot of time, but I thought it was right to let you all know and maybe hear back what you think of this possible feature.

Some defects with the new edit system:
1. Editing a list will move your ships around not in its original order.

2. The title card is removed for the M80 when the edit button is initiated.

3. When editing an existing fleet, you will not be able to save the fleet because it will display: Missing or too short list name. even if criteria has already been fulfilled.

3. When editing an existing fleet, you will not be able to save the fleet because it will display: Missing or too short list name. even if criteria has already been fulfilled.

I'm looking to the title upgrade bug. As said in the blue box, click once on the fleet title and you'll be able to save ;)

I'm looking to the title upgrade bug. As said in the blue box, click once on the fleet title and you'll be able to save ;)

Indeed.  But that is still a defect with a user-based solution :D

Of course those annoying bugs will be fixed and most of the important things work. Sorry but I have only 2 hands and limited free time :P

Of course.  I did not mean to imply to fix it now, only that you acknowledge it as a bug :)  I deal with software developers every day, and its a common thing for things to get lost in translation :)

its on its way. I would request that the squadron points reflect remaining fleet points if it drops below 134

Yes please! This would be a wonderful addition.

Love the edit function. I am unclear, is it a "save as" if you change the name? Would be great to be able to keep the original as well.

its on its way. I would request that the squadron points reflect remaining fleet points if it drops below 134

Yes please! This would be a wonderful addition.

Love the edit function. I am unclear, is it a "save as" if you change the name? Would be great to be able to keep the original as well.

The new squadron calculation has already been implemented. For now the edit function only updates your existing list whether you change the name or not, but in the future it could also ask you if you want a new list or just edit the existin one. 

1. Editing a saved list with squadrons will reset all squadron number to 1.

2. Editing a saved list, when changing the MC80 Command's officer slot, it will also change the offensive retrofits to the same card.

Edited by HERO

1. Editing a saved list with squadrons will reset all squadron number to 1.

2. Editing a saved list, when changing the MC80 Command's officer slot, it will also change the offensive retrofits to the same card.

1. I'm still looking into this problem

2. has been fixed

Is it within the realm of possibility to downsize the fleet builder into something more lightweight as another option?

Something that looks like this..

Don't get me wrong, I love using this fleet builder, but sometimes I just want to crank it out on my phone without actually having to load all the graphics and front end.

Yeah I'll very probably publish a "lite" version of the builder, text only, that will look like the test of the Application. Can't do much right now since I'm in an airport.

Yeah I'll very probably publish a "lite" version of the builder, text only, that will look like the test of the Application. Can't do much right now since I'm in an airport.

Cool man, thanks!

as always great app well done.

requested features:

Builder recognition if a ship has a modification already taking away other modification options for that ship.

builder will prevent or at least notify the user when the build breaks the fighter points restriction or is over the build total.

thanks again for a great app.

Edited by Tirion

Possibly the best looking builder out so far :)

The only feature I'd like to see added is the ability to switch between ship variants (A to B), keeping cards that are translatable between them. More than once I needed to downgrade to the cheaper variant and I don't want to go look again for those 3 upgrades. That and copying ships with upgrades, so I guess that's two features :)

Grit and intel icons are the same in the ship list btw.

as always great app well done.

requested features:

Builder recognition if a ship has a modification already taking away other modification options for that ship.

builder will prevent or at least notify the user when the build breaks the fighter points restriction or is over the build total.

thanks again for a great app.

Indeed 2 useful features. I'll add them to the to-do list, they should't be too hard to implement.

Need a recover password... :D

Yeah I know, I wrote half the code for it but I never find the time to finish it...

Possibly the best looking builder out so far :)

The only feature I'd like to see added is the ability to switch between ship variants (A to B), keeping cards that are translatable between them. More than once I needed to downgrade to the cheaper variant and I don't want to go look again for those 3 upgrades. That and copying ships with upgrades, so I guess that's two features :)

Grit and intel icons are the same in the ship list btw.

I'll give a look to the icons, I was using quite old resources. The ship switch is interesting, I'll see what I can do.

Edit: fixed the icons, they now look way better

Edited by Nevetz

I Love what you have done with the fleet builder-  Do you have plans to let me input what I have in my collection and then only cards I own are reflected/ available when I'm building lists?

Yes, it's in the planned features. It may take some time tho, and I have no idea when I could start working on it.

Feature request:

Add a "keep me logged in" option.  Having to log in every time is a UX concern.

I'll see what I can do