Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

Updated the application with some new stuff, including the separation into expansions for every upgrade, which can be found in the upgrades database as well as in the fleet builder page. The full changelog is available here.

Thanks!  Did you want the set/core info for the pilots like Wedge, that came from an expansion pack?

Edited by HERO

If you have it, I'm not saying no (thankfully they are a lot less then the upgrades :D ). I'll also have to see where I can squeeze them into the builder, something similar to what happend now for the upgrades.

To be perfect now, for me, it needs two things only:

- Expansion selection/qtt to show only what I have to add;

- A way to save the builds for further retrieval;

Mmh I think I didn't understand well both points, could you elaborate please? To save the builds, do you mean that you save for example, a Nebulon B with Salvation title and Slaved Turrets, so you just click somewhere in a list and it adds it to the fleet? 

Sure.

1-Expansion selection:  The main objective here is not showing resources (cards) I don't have, or are already used.  I.E. When I choose Admiral, Ackbar is there to choose, but I dont have MC80 yet.  Beieve it or not, sometimes I put some cards in the ships, from a Expansion not acquired yet or already used in another ship.  If we have a dabase with the expansion each user have it's easier to enable only the updates available.

2-Save the builds:  Sometime I want to change only a few cards from a fleet, and I need to set everything again from start. If the fleet is saved in the user profile we can load it and easely change or send the link for a friend check.

Please, your product is great, I'm just suggesting things to make it better from my user experience point o view !

Cheers.

To be perfect now, for me, it needs two things only:

- Expansion selection/qtt to show only what I have to add;

- A way to save the builds for further retrieval;

Mmh I think I didn't understand well both points, could you elaborate please? To save the builds, do you mean that you save for example, a Nebulon B with Salvation title and Slaved Turrets, so you just click somewhere in a list and it adds it to the fleet? 

Sure.

1-Expansion selection:  The main objective here is not showing resources (cards) I don't have, or are already used.  I.E. When I choose Admiral, Ackbar is there to choose, but I dont have MC80 yet.  Beieve it or not, sometimes I put some cards in the ships, from a Expansion not acquired yet or already used in another ship.  If we have a dabase with the expansion each user have it's easier to enable only the updates available.

2-Save the builds:  Sometime I want to change only a few cards from a fleet, and I need to set everything again from start. If the fleet is saved in the user profile we can load it and easely change or send the link for a friend check.

Please, your product is great, I'm just suggesting things to make it better from my user experience point o view !

Cheers.

Okay now I understand.

Point 1 - I am planning in the future updates (can't stilll guess any release date by now) to let users select which expansions they have, for example Core Set, 2x CR90B, 1X AFMK2, 1x Home one and you can build your list only using the ships, squadrons and upgrades contained in those expansions. n your control panel, you'll be able to select what you possess to be able to use them in this particular version of the fleet builder.

Point 2 - I am working on an edit function which will enable you to enter and edit the fleets you have saved into your account. It's not the easiest thing I've ever did, but I'll manage to release something in the next updates. I think I can also add a button to save a list into a "list template", which you can load before building a fleet to get everything you have saved in that template. Again, it won't be easy to code, but at least I can try.

If someone is highly skilled in jQuery, PHP and SQL and wishes to help, I may use some help on some tricky situations.

More feature requests and/or suggestions:

1. Users should also be able to change their lists from public to private in their control panel and vice versa.

2. This is not a feature, but I don't think process list should automatically make it public or save it to the user and/or database.  It should merely offer to display your list.  If you want to build a public list, there should be an option to publicize it.
An example can be taken from: http://netrunnerdb.com/

Not only will this reduce the amount of lists being auto-populated to the list flow, but it will reduce the amount of unneeded server capacity.

3. List Flow should be renamed to Recent Builds, as that is a more descriptive representation of the feature.

More feature requests and/or suggestions:

1. Users should also be able to change their lists from public to private in their control panel and vice versa.

2. This is not a feature, but I don't think process list should automatically make it public or save it to the user and/or database.  It should merely offer to display your list.  If you want to build a public list, there should be an option to publicize it.

An example can be taken from: http://netrunnerdb.com/

Not only will this reduce the amount of lists being auto-populated to the list flow, but it will reduce the amount of unneeded server capacity.

3. List Flow should be renamed to Recent Builds, as that is a more descriptive representation of the feature.

1. Yep, it is indeed needed. I just really need to find the time to remember of it, code it, test it, publish it.

2. Processing a list, whether it saves it to the user account or just publish it, requires a server side intervention because unprocessed lists aren't taken along with the user session. It could happen, but it is not meant to work that way. Also, Warlords is very light in traffic between the database server and the application itself. Maybe it's not obvious, but I work at these kind of applications. And I do it for clients like Vodafone, who usually have a data exchange between their servers/dbs and our applications 10000x times bigger than Warlords. Leaving all Warlords work to the server makes it faster for the user, which means better compute times, and it does not affect server responsivity, unless there are like, 100.000 users using Warlords at the same time, but, well.. it's not the case.

3. I don't really like the name too, it has never been changed from day 1 though. I think I'll come up with something similiar to your idea when I'll put some more work on that page and public data in general.

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by Nevetz

Today I'm updating the Fleet Builder page with some new awesome features that I hope won't break anything at all 

I'll update this post as soon as everything is finished.

Okay so, the fleet builder has been updated with new buttons to move ships up and down (I'll release the buttons for squadrons in the next update) and there is also now a button to collapse ships and squadrons, which was asked time ago and it is indeed very useful while browsing the list. I'm also working on the edit function, which is like a hard boss fight, but step after step it may see the light soon.

Happy building!

Sorry, that was rude. I love the fleet builder, and it has cost me several hours of sleep already planning for my wave 2 ships to arive. I am also looking forward to the inclusion of DA's Armada Shipyards creations. On that note, would you be adverse to a Free Build section, where all ships and squadrons from all factions could be available choices when building a fleet. Could be very useful for creating scenarios.

Awesome job!

Feature Request:
Having the "clone ship" option, so if you want to take another ship that's exactly the same with the exact same loadout, you just press a button instead of remaking another ship.  This is purely for the user-experience and nothing more.

Many of your Rogues and Villains have the same symbol for Grit and Intel in the home page list view.

In Dengar's blown up view you have him listed as his icons being Grit and Rogue instead of Intel & swarm.

Noted, will patch.

Feature Request:

Having the "clone ship" option, so if you want to take another ship that's exactly the same with the exact same loadout, you just press a button instead of remaking another ship.  This is purely for the user-experience and nothing more.

Yeah it was already asked, I'll see what I can do. Edit function is stressing me a bit and probably will do this and something else while I cool.

Only 2/3rds of the MC80 Assult Cruiser card is visible. Just FYI.

Where? It looks everything fine to me

In the Rebel fleet builder, only that one card is having the issue. I am using this on a droid tablet, so that may be the source of the problem on my end.

Only 2/3rds of the MC80 Assult Cruiser card is visible. Just FYI.

Where? It looks everything fine to me

In the Rebel fleet builder, only that one card is having the issue. I am using this on a droid tablet, so that may be the source of the problem on my end.

Probably a normal internet issue. If it was a problem with the site, the image should have just gave an error.

edit: All wave 2 cards are online!

Edited by Nevetz

Feature request.

The ability to edit your saved lists.

I ran my whale list the other night and want to change it around a bit. But I don't need my saved list to get bloated with an additional list each time I need to tweak it.

Other than that, this is by far my favorite fleet builder. Good work.

Edited by Kilazar

its on its way. I would request that the squadron points reflect remaining fleet points if it drops below 134

Yep I've noticed it too, I need to add a check if remaining points < squadron points then show just remaining points.

I almost strictly use this on my mobile and I can say it works WAY better on a desk/laptop. Tons of scrolling with mobile. Tons! Still cool though.

Yeah since the builder is based on images, you need some more scrolling. I suggest you to collapse every ship you finish to build (little arrow on top right of each ship block).

Feature request.

The ability to edit your saved lists.

I ran my whale list the other night and want to change it around a bit. But I don't need my saved list to get bloated with an additional list each time I need to tweak it.

Other than that, this is by far my favorite fleet builder. Good work.

The edit function is taking more than expected, I'm sorry. Also, I'm quite busy with work and didn't had much time for Warlords in the last few days. Let's say that for now the edit function in my test version loads almost everything, but has very weird errors (like it once loaded Dodonna into a Gladiator's ordnance slot) and it fails orribly to recalculate the total points for some reason. Welp.

edit: actually I've magically resolved most of the bugs in the last few hours. Probably edit function + corrected squadron point counter will go live between today - next few days.

Edited by Nevetz