Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

I went to demo it to a friend, he had an android and I had an iPad. Now, my internet was probably getting smashed with everyone else watching TV, playing games and such. So, feel free to blame my end, but we both found the speed of the various screen updates very slow.

Did you built fleets or just browsed between the pages? The builder has to load all the stuff in order to properly work, so it takes some time. The other pages don't. If everything was slow, I suspect it was the connection. If only the builder page was slow, it was due to the heavy initial work. Once loaded anyway, it should not require much more connection (even if you need to stay connected to use the builder). Thanks for the report!

love the new fighter points cap. Except it should be 134 not 133. The RRG states that points round up.

Woosp, looks like I need to to find how to round up divisions in Javascript :D

Fantastic work.  This is my go-to now.

I just wish the print option was more copy and paste friendly for blogs/websites.

I am working on a text-only export with a useful "copy list to clipboard" button ;)

Also if the Squadron points reflected the remaining fleet points instead of just a static 133 even if I had 10 points left in my build.

I can do this, actually I wan't quite sure how the 1/3 points worked (You'd all be surprised if I tell you how many games of Armada I've ever played). I'll fix that too.

Edit: Rebel Rogue squadrons scans are online! Have a look to the updated database.

Edited by Nevetz

love the new fighter points cap. Except it should be 134 not 133. The RRG states that points round up.

Yeah, pretty much every fleet builder either currently has this issue or has only recently fixed it, lol.

Edited by Ardaedhel

Lists can be now exported as text, here is an example:

Motti's Rhymer ball   

Author: miviks

Faction: Galactic Empire 

Commander: Admiral Motti

Assault Objective: Precision Strike 
Defense Objective: Fleet Ambush 
Navigation Objective: Superior Positions 

[ flagship ] Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
-  Admiral Motti  ( 24  points) 
-  Admiral Chiraneau  ( 10  points) 
-  Expanded Hangar Bay  ( 5  points) 

Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
-  Expanded Hangar Bay  ( 5  points) 

5 TIE Bomber Squadrons ( 45) 
1 Major Rhymer ( 16) 
2 TIE Advanced Squadrons ( 24) 
1 "Mauler" Mithel ( 15) 
1 Soontir Fel ( 18) 
2 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 16) 

Fleet created with Armada Warlords

Edited by Nevetz

Lists can be now exported as text, here is an example:

Motti's Rhymer ball   

Author: miviks

Faction: Galactic Empire 

(...)

Thanks a lot,

this is an important feature to me, computer is not on the same room of the game, so I can export to my phone e-mail and read.

To be perfect now, for me, it needs two things only:

- Expansion selection/qtt to show only what I have to add;

- A way to save the builds for further retrieval;

But it's already a great software and my favorite.

Cheers !

Edited by Dricco

To be perfect now, for me, it needs two things only:

- Expansion selection/qtt to show only what I have to add;

- A way to save the builds for further retrieval;

Mmh I think I didn't understand well both points, could you elaborate please? To save the builds, do you mean that you save for example, a Nebulon B with Salvation title and Slaved Turrets, so you just click somewhere in a list and it adds it to the fleet? 

I just used your program today for the first time, and it's great! Thank you and congrats on a lovely and intuitive interface.

Would you be able to condense the short print view so it has a better chance of fitting on one printed page? It's easier to manage while setting up....

You may want to see the new text export for the fleets (available when you process the list or on the upper right section of every list view page). This export is very minimalistic and should stay always in one page.

Nevets your work on this project can not be praised enough. This I'd an amazing tool you have given to the community with a great UI. The constant updates and openness to constructive criticism has been awesome. So thank you!

Thank you, Tirion!

But I'm far from being done with the application; there are still important features to complete (first in order of importance, the edit function for saved lists: it's quite critical, and I need extensive tests before publishing anything), things already being coded (DA's Shipyards expansion is a big new entry in the list that we are already working on) and ideas that are still even to design.

And I also have to thank all the awesome people that helped me through these 5 months of works - if Armada Warlords is today in its current state it's also thanks to them.

Excellent job.

Another feature that is super effective is having the core/expansion slots designated so players know which sets the cards are available in.  Right now, I need to go to Fab's to check for cards so I know which sets to buy (as a new player).

http://armada.fabpsb.net/extensions2.php?lng=en

Having something that says: Assault Frigate Mark II (SWM05) x1 under Gam Bel Iblis instead of Wave 1 would be a life-saver.

I also wanted to say that you are an excellent UX designer, as the layout is fantastically clean and well-thought out.

I also have a few minor defects to report:

View compact/detailed list is switched

steps:
1. click on fleet builder
2. select either rebel or empire
3. build a list:
select commander
select a ship
select objectives
designate ship as flagship
4. process list
5. go to compact print view

expected: goes to compact print view
actual: goes to detailed version

steps:
3. build a list:
select commander
select a ship
select objectives
4. process list
5. go to detailed print view

expected: goes to detailed version
actual: goes to compact print view

Excellent job.

Another feature that is super effective is having the core/expansion slots designated so players know which sets the cards are available in.  Right now, I need to go to Fab's to check for cards so I know which sets to buy (as a new player).

Having something that says: Assault Frigate Mark II (SWM05) x1 under Gam Bel Iblis instead of Wave 1 would be a life-saver.

I also wanted to say that you are an excellent UX designer, as the layout is fantastically clean and well-thought out.

Thank you. The division into single expansions is part of a very big update that will give you an alternative way to build your fleet, based on expansions you have, but I think I won't start anything before the "edit list" function will be fully operational. If I see it  is really that helpful, I may anticipate the works and add each expansion to ships, upgrades and squadrons.

edit: yeah I Always do a mess with links. Fixing it now, thank you.

Edited by Nevetz

I've also noticed that you cannot re-process the list that has already been processed.

steps:
3. build a list:
select commander
select a ship
select objectives
4. process list
5. Go back to original list and make some edits.

Expected: The process list option will be available.
Actual: The process list option is 'red' out, so users cannot process the edited list.

Excellent job.

Thank you. The division into single expansions is part of a very big update that will give you an alternative way to build your fleet, based on expansions you have, but I think I won't start anything before the "edit list" function will be fully operational. If I see it  is really that helpful, I may anticipate the works and add each expansion to ships, upgrades and squadrons.

edit: yeah I Always do a mess with links. Fixing it now, thank you.

If you want, I can list out all of the cards you have under upgrades and what not, and just list out all the core/set #s instead of just having Wave1/2 (which is super ambiguous).

If you want, I can list out all of the cards you have under upgrades and what not, and just list out all the core/set #s instead of just having Wave1/2 (which is super ambiguous).

Sure, why not, you are welcome. Would you kindly pm me how wil you list the expansions? Thank you.

Updated the application with some new stuff, including the separation into expansions for every upgrade, which can be found in the upgrades database as well as in the fleet builder page. The full changelog is available here.