Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

Posted (edited)

New filtering features added in User control panel!

If you are like me, you have a LOT of lists saved on Warlords - and finding the right one can be very tedious, going back and forth between pages that display ten lists at a time.

But no more!

I've added a suite of filtering options, and also increased the lists shown per page to 50 (plus added navigation buttons on top of the lists, in addition to the bottom):

(it's basically the same filtering options Nevetz added to the public list page a while back)

• by fleet name
  • by commander
  • by faction
  • by tournament/non tournament

c47f1c9eb47c40ae8fe7cd89d4ed063e.png

Edited by Green Knight

22 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

New filtering features added in User control panel!

If you are like me, you have a LOT of lists saved on Warlords - and finding the right one can be very tedious, going back and forth between pages that display ten lists at a time.

But no more!

I've added a suite of filtering options, and also increased the lists shown per page to 50 (plus added navigation buttons on top of the lists, in addition to the bottom):

(it's basically the same filtering options Nevetz added to the public list page a while back)

• by fleet name
  • by commander
  • by faction
  • by tournament/non tournament

c47f1c9eb47c40ae8fe7cd89d4ed063e.png

Awesome! I routinely purge my old lists to keep it simple to find what I'm after, but it still starts adding up, this'll be really useful.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Damnit man, let him get all his typos out of his system here! For the love of a clean code! ;)

Yeah, I really am not usually one to correct spelling/grammar/typing errors, but it just felt right. GK, feel free to type all the mistakes you want...but only in this thread.

Edited by ryanabt
Also, thanks for the great work thus far and thanks to Nevetz for all his work! My favorite list builder.

I just logged on and my saved fleets are gone. I had five saved in preparation for CC campaign and they've disappeared.

Is there a way to recover them?

5 hours ago, Thalomen said:

I just logged on and my saved fleets are gone. I had five saved in preparation for CC campaign and they've disappeared.

Possibly... you are sure the fleets had been saved in the first place? If so it should still be saved in the database.

If you can give me info on your Commander, and what ships (not upgrades) you had, or better yet -the name you gave the fleet - I can look up that entry in the database,

6 hours ago, Thalomen said:

Tell us your username and we'll handle the problem

7 hours ago, Nevetz said:

Tell us your username and we'll handle the problem

My user name is Thalomen on there as well. 

A little more detail: not only are my old lists gone, I made two new ones last night and they did not save. I could not see any recent builds from any one else’s publis lists either.

Oddly, even the data was different. Instead of ships, fighter and options being listed by point value (which was highly convienent) they seemed to be grouped by class. For instance all the tie fighters were together. I don’t know if that was a change you guys made, if if my computer was flipping out. If it was a change, I have to say, I preferred the old way. It was easier to choose an option based on cost and the points I had left when the values were easily comparable side by side.

Thanks for looking into it for me.

49 minutes ago, Thalomen said:

My user name is Thalomen on there as well. 

A little more detail: not only are my old lists gone, I made two new ones last night and they did not save. I could not see any recent builds from any one else’s publis lists either.

Oddly, even the data was different. Instead of ships, fighter and options being listed by point value (which was highly convienent) they seemed to be grouped by class. For instance all the tie fighters were together. I don’t know if that was a change you guys made, if if my computer was flipping out. If it was a change, I have to say, I preferred the old way. It was easier to choose an option based on cost and the points I had left when the values were easily comparable side by side.

Thanks for looking into it for me.

I can see these: http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/public.php?id=97 - are they all the fleets you are looking for? Do you see them in your profile? 

12 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Can't recreate this error.

Ok. I don't know what that means. 

Anyway, as I say, I log in and can't see any existing lists. It won't pull up anything under the searches. I've tried it on two computers and an iPad and nothing works. I can only access old lists of mine from the link Nevets put up. If I leave that linked screen, I can't get back to it. This is the first and only problem I've ever had with Warlords. 

Just now, Thalomen said:

Ok. I don't know what that means. 

Anyway, as I say, I log in and can't see any existing lists. It won't pull up anything under the searches. I've tried it on two computers and an iPad and nothing works. I can only access old lists of mine from the link Nevets put up. If I leave that linked screen, I can't get back to it. This is the first and only problem I've ever had with Warlords. 

It means that when I log on and try to do the same thing, I get no error.

Just so we are clear, when you log in and press your Username, this is what you SHOULD get:

But you get nothing? A blank page? Or do you remain on the front page? Are there any error messages?

6175c99b0edf81f1a0eae533821c4b8e.png

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

It means that when I log on and try to do the same thing, I get no error.

Just so we are clear, when you log in and press your Username, this is what you SHOULD get:

But you get nothing? A blank page? Or do you remain on the front page? Are there any error messages?

6175c99b0edf81f1a0eae533821c4b8e.png

I just remain on the front page with no error message. Nothing happens no matter what button I press.

Thanks for spending s much time on this.

45 minutes ago, Thalomen said:

I just remain on the front page with no error message. Nothing happens no matter what button I press.

Thanks for spending s much time on this.

What browser are you using? Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

If someone is getting wonky errors right now... that's because I'm doing dev/testing directly on the production site.

Anyone into coding/testing knows this is the only way to do things properly :P

Still cant get access to my lists on my iPad, laptop or desk top. But I can on my phone. Talk about strange... At least I have some access.

27 minutes ago, Thalomen said:

Still cant get access to my lists on my iPad, laptop or desk top. But I can on my phone. Talk about strange... At least I have some access.

Have you tried clearing cache? Not sure it will help. 

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Have you tried clearing cache? Not sure it will help. 

No, I havnt. I'll give it a shot. At this point I'm willing to concede it may well be something on my end.

Posted (edited)

Chimaera title on a Cymoon gives two Fleet Command slots. Adding a card to one duplicates it to both. And the points are double-counted. So the 4+6 points becomes a 16 point upgrade.

Oops. That's user error on my part: Cymoon doesn't take Chimaera.

So, it would be helpful if the builder logic could flag that condition and warn the user that Cymoon doesn't take Chimaera :)

Edited by ShoutingMan