Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

On 2/28/2018 at 6:38 AM, Green Knight said:

Bugs that could use some fixing:

I have two mundane, but long-standing requests :)

• Login bug. Warlords loses login after some period. It seems better than it was, but there's still the risk of losing a fleet mid-build if you walk away and come back. Normal websites preserve a user login state (with cookies or whatever) for at least a month.
  • Warlords rearranges order of ships after saving

43 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Is this the best way to sort?

• or should stuff be sorted alphabetically?
  • or like with squadrons, by type, generic/ace, and then by alphabet? 

Feedback please.

For me it is dependent on the fleet that I'm building. There are times when I know the upgrade that I want and would like to view the list alphabetically and there are other times when I'm trying to find something to fit within a points constraint and would like to view by cost. I know that's probably not very helpful, but it would be nice if the sort was user-configurable on the fly. If it needs to be static, then I would vote for alphabetically.

With regards to squads, for the most part I like to see them sorted alphabetically by type with generics and aces per type grouped together, e.g. A-Wing, Green Squad, Shara, Tycho, etc.

I also just noticed this morning that Ryan Kingston's builder now lets you filter squads by ability.

36 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Some good news:

• 2nd Offensive Retrofit is NO LONGER DELETED when you edit/fork a list.

Bughunting works, but it's tedious... this was a small typo in an obscure php file called by another php file.

We who started a computer science major before realizing it was terrible solute you...  You’re doing gods work Greenie Pie

2 minutes ago, PartyPotato said:

We who started a computer science major before realizing it was terrible solute you...  You’re doing gods work Greenie Pie

If this was like... at work or something... I would never use this many resources to find this bug :ph34r:

Nooo I liked the ordering by cost! Whenever I use another builder it takes me literally forever (i.e. like two and a half seconds longer) to find the ships/upgrades I want because of the alphabetical silliness. Guess I'll have to get used to it now.

At least compact is still the way it used to be, for a while anyway. *sniff*

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Villakarvarousku said:

Nooo I liked the ordering by cost! Whenever I use another builder it takes me literally forever (i.e. like two and a half seconds longer) to find the ships/upgrades I want because of the alphabetical silliness. Guess I'll have to get used to it now.

It is not necessarily permanent... I hope to add a button to filter by different criteria. But that is for the future.

Meanwhile the rest of us... even I who remember most costs must search visually for a long time for example the Officers... the list has grown too long now.

Edit: now every view displays things in the same order... the database view, fleet builder view, etc.

I think that is an advantage, but it may take some getting used to.

Edited by Green Knight

16 minutes ago, Villakarvarousku said:

Or it could be punishment for my defeat at your hands in the Fleet Patrol :P

14 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Meanwhile the rest of us... even I who remember most costs must search visually for a long time for example the Officers... the list has grown too long now.

Yeah, I imagine I'm the anomaly here. I suppose I'm just very used to it, even (and especially) with the officers.

17 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Or it could be punishment for my defeat at your hands in the Fleet Patrol :P

Gah, I should've known better than to anger the Empire! Of course they're going to try to impose their unnatural order on everything I hold dear...

6 minutes ago, Hedgehogmech said:

I like ordering by type then cost - when I'm searching for Mauler Mithel or Howlrunner I am always surprised when they're not located with all the other TIE fighters...

They are now 😀

It sorts by squadron type, then shows the non-unique first, followed by the uniques in alphabetical order.

Posted (edited)

Has someone actually been logged out mid-session lately?

I just ran a test today and yesterday, where I was logged in, but idle, and even after 1 hour there is no end of session.

Hard to classify this as a meaningful bug without further input.

Edited by Green Knight

30 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Has someone actually been logged out mid-session lately?

I just ran a test today and yesterday, where I was logged in, but idle, and even after 1 hour there is no end of session.

Hard to classify this as a maniegnful bug without further input.

Anecdotal, but I don't recall being kicked out recently when I've left the tab open in the background. I'll open it up now and leave it open for a while today and see if that does anything.

9 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

There are almost no such legality checks in the builder.

There are a few warning popups - for adding multiple uniques for example - but no coded stops.

So yes, that would be a good feature to add.

I wasn't sure if there was or not. I, like you, use all the builders and I forget what is in which. I will change my report to a feature request then...lol. 

2 hours ago, Akhrin said:

Anecdotal, but I don't recall being kicked out recently when I've left the tab open in the background. I'll open it up now and leave it open for a while today and see if that does anything.

So that was 2.5hrs sitting on the compact fleet builder screen. It didn't error when I saved the list, but it has logged me out and I can't see the list now.

You can often recover lists by looking for them in the recent public lists and forking. Even if it is lost in your personal lists it might show up there.

Posted (edited)

I have done a bit of work on the builder in terms of how it displays ships/squadrons/upgrades.

There is now a logical, consistent order to everything:

• it sorts everything by name (in every view the same) primarily

For example the ship listing on the front page (but same in every other view):

bbbc9c9d828fd1aed870a939ba86afcd.jpg

• squadrons also sort by squadron type (i.e. all A-wings are one type), with the generic squadron shown first, followed alphabetically by the uniques (same everywhere)
    • if you look closely you'll see a little bug - it's now fixed :) 

749aa723a49244ca8cd791c42b1c5997.jpg

• upgrades are the same, and also order by type and faction (but in many views you will only see one type at a time, for example in the builder dialog)

I have also added some extra options to the Upgrade database: you can now quickly check/uncheck all boxes in a category. This should make filtering down to just the upgrades you want to see very fast. I dare say this view is now the quickest and most comprehensive way to view all the Armada upgrades!

1f2e33fa0d6805a0ecb5461c4c4ec00c.jpg

These are exciting times. Expect to see more great features added to Armada Warlords fleet builder!

Edited by Green Knight