Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

Hey Green Knight,

Here is a feature request - it would be nice if there was some way to track your personal collection so that you can keep track of the number of ships/squadrons/upgrades you have available when assembling a fleet.  This way you know exactly how many of a certain upgrade card you have available.  I know that personally I have multiples of everything but when I'm building a fleet I have to track down exactly how many squadrons I own or upgrade cards I have that I can actually use.

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Noted.

Yes, see it now. The "plain" text export version is missing the sum, but the detailed version has it. Ought to be a simple fix.

@Nevetz& @Green Knight, thanks for all your hard work. 

If I could request one thing, if possible? Please add a fixed tab for total and squadron points. Most of my list building is done on my phone or tablet, and about half that time is spent scrolling up and down, to check points. A fixed tab would allow users to see a constant count as we scroll up an down. At the moment that is my only request. Love Warlords, and will happily continue to support it!

8 minutes ago, strikenowhere said:

Hey Green Knight,

Here is a feature request - it would be nice if there was some way to track your personal collection so that you can keep track of the number of ships/squadrons/upgrades you have available when assembling a fleet.  This way you know exactly how many of a certain upgrade card you have available.  I know that personally I have multiples of everything but when I'm building a fleet I have to track down exactly how many squadrons I own or upgrade cards I have that I can actually use.

That would be a great feature! In the meantime, KDY has the ability to do this, so you can see it all on one page. Not as good as having it linked to the builder, but still easier than shuffling through your entire upgrade library.

All you need to do is add the expansions you own, and it populates everything in the expansions to your collection.

The thing I like most about Fab's is the ability to export in PDF format to a FFG tournament sheet.  I tend to end up making lists in Warlords and then duplicating them over there just for that feature.  

If you were able to do that, it would make Warlords perfect.

Edited by emsgoof
I kan spelz

1 minute ago, emsgoof said:

The thing I like most about Fab's is the ability to export in PDF format to a FFG tournament sheet.  I tend to end up making lists in Warlords and then duplicating them over there just for that feature.  

If you were able to do that, it would make Warlords perfect.

Do ppl actually use those?

We like 99% of the time print plaintext from fabs, Warlords, Kingston etc.

1 minute ago, LegionOfBOOM said:

One request for the tournament export option, an option to print off your lists with or with out objectives 

Now that would be VERY handy!

I typically have to make two versions of my tournament lists, one with and one without objectives.

This should not be too hard to implement, I think.

37 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Now that would be VERY handy!

I typically have to make two versions of my tournament lists, one with and one without objectives.

This should not be too hard to implement, I think.

There was a good solution in another app: put the objectives at the bottom, so you can fold them away when you show your list 

10 hours ago, Green Knight said:

I do as well.

Bug fix: "Chimaera disappearing fleet command bug"

• the fleet command associated with the Chimaera title no longer vanishes upon save
  • the bug where the fleet command disappears upon EDIT/FORK is NOT fixed (this is a more systematic bug that affects other cards, like Tua and Phoenix home as well)

10 hours ago, Green Knight said:

I will admit my morning of prep usually includes opening up fabs to make my list just so I can print it to the FFG form for the tourney. I don't use it all that much for anything else.

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Bug fix: "Chimaera disappearing fleet command bug"

• the fleet command associated with the Chimaera title no longer vanishes upon save
  • the bug where the fleet command disappears upon EDIT/FORK is NOT fixed (this is a more systematic bug that affects other cards, like Tua and Phoenix home as well)

The "Chimaera disappearing fleet command bug" is now fully fixed: you can now edit/fork a list, and the chosen Fleet Command will be retained.

I have also verified that this works for Minister Tua & Phoenix Home.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jambo75 said:

Wow, there's me just subscribing to Ryan Kingston's fleet builder, and the moment I do, the development of Armada Warlords starts skyrocketing forwards!

Awesome job GK! :) 

I can attest to the new version of the Kingston builder being very good. So do keep using it (I do)!

But Warlords has some features I really like, so I use it too :D

...and fab's, and sometimes Battlescribe and Android fleet builder app :P

Edited by Green Knight

I'm currently looking at improving the usability of the "database" part of Warlords.

This is not very important, but nice to have.

But in association with that, a question arises:

• in builder part of Warlords, when you click something to select a component (ship/squadron/upgrade), the list is sorted by COST (high to low)

Is this the best way to sort?

• or should stuff be sorted alphabetically?
  • or like with squadrons, by type, generic/ace, and then by alphabet? 

Feedback please.

5 minutes ago, Jambo75 said:

is there a way to stop the auto logout which can leave you without a fleet if you're not careful.

I have already asked my provider to keep sessions alive for more time than usual, but it didn't resolve much. We'll try to find a way to keep users logged in the builder for much longer.