Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

I too have had issues when adding deleting things

Yea when I added Tycho I'd did the same thing. I had to add a second Tycho to get the points to show up. Once I deleted the second it was all good.

Are those problems still showing? I did some edits to the add/delete code yesterday, a friend told me it is now fixed (at least for ships), but I'd like to hear some feedback from you too

I was hoping to print that page as I like the card images and such, is it just going screwy because the images have different resolutions? Could that be solved by a printer CSS?

Yes, of course. I didn't actually write that page thinking to optimize it for a printer, but I don't think it won't be a problem to adapt it for a printer media.

I would like to see a squadron point counter/cap. Loving the app, its amazing how the far the project has come in the last couple months. 

Squadron counter is in the to-do list and it's one of the priorities, expect it to be operational soon. 

Also, changes to the app and future features are listed here: http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/changelog.php(it's a WIP page, the "future features" is actually quite long but I didn't still had time to write it down)

Edited by Nevetz

I'll be starting the new wave of updates this week, even if my pc at home died with honor this weekend. I'm still very undecided about what to put my hands on next, most importantly I'd say there are 2 branches where I'd like to work next, which are:

• Improvements to the UI (user interface): add some things required to the builder, such as upgrades and squadrons uniqueness, a copy button for ships to duplicate ships, and move buttons to rearrange ships and squadrons while working at your lists.

--or--

• User interface: login, register and save your own fleets. Eventually also edit them once they are saved. This will put the base to many other features like saving your Armada collection, and eventually use it while working with the builder. 

Well I think these are the big 2 branches I could start this week, but since you are the final users, I accept suggestions/votes about what I should work on. Of course once one will be finished, I'll do the other.

Post Scriptum: If you are in possess of Wave 2 cards, in english, and would like to give a concrete help to this project, please PM me.

Thank you,

nevetz

One thing I noticed on your images you'll have a green window with "Core" and "Wave 2" and so on. A possible improvement would be for upgrades that only come in one expansion to have that expansion given instead of the overall wave.

One thing I noticed on your images you'll have a green window with "Core" and "Wave 2" and so on. A possible improvement would be for upgrades that only come in one expansion to have that expansion given instead of the overall wave.

I am planning to specify every expansion by the time I'll set up the whole "Your Collection" section. Since by now I haven't started it yet, I decided to go for this temporary solution. 

I am planning to specify every expansion by the time I'll set up the whole "Your Collection" section. Since by now I haven't started it yet, I decided to go for this temporary solution. 

Then you'd just enter your collection inventory and the fleet builder wouldn't let you pull more copies of an upgrade than you have. That'd be terrific. (Might then get requests for a "proxies allowed" fleet building option though. :D )

Then you'd just enter your collection inventory and the fleet builder wouldn't let you pull more copies of an upgrade than you have. That'd be terrific. (Might then get requests for a "proxies allowed" fleet building option though. :D )

Yes of course there will be an option to enable or disable the inventory check. This is currently all scheduled for the "User Interface" update.

Hello, just a quick but important update: I am working on the user administration which includes the login and registration features, plus it connects your account to the lists you'll create. But since I am using a new encryption method for security purposes, you won't be able to use your old account to login; you'll have to create a new one. I'll update this thread as soon as the update goes live.

03/11/2015 (or 11/03/2015 for America)

So, update time. You can now register and login to Armada Warlords. Any fleet you save while logged in will be linked to your account. The account control panel, which can be seen by clicking on your username on the sidebar, will feature account options, notifications (these 2 in the updates) and all the lists you have saved (which already works). In the next updates you will be also able to delete or hide your lists if you don't need them/want to keep them private. Fromthe fleet flow page you can now also see the authors of the fleets if they are registered users, and soon there will be a public page for users to show their own fleets. This was all done from a ******* tablet since my pc is still dead.

nevetz

I had an issue where I deleted a ship and added back the cheaper version and paid the higher cost.

It would also be nice to have an edit button that allows you to print a list and then come back and make some changes.

I had an issue where I deleted a ship and added back the cheaper version and paid the higher cost.

It would also be nice to have an edit button that allows you to print a list and then come back and make some changes.

Which ship was?

Anyway, the edit option will be added. It just needs some accurate tests and I need more time than usual (also I need to revive my pc first).

As a quick reminder, what I'll be working in the following days is:

• Delete lists from your control panel.
  • Change your password from your control panel.
  • Request a password reset from the login dialog.
  • In the fleet builder, link the commander to your selected flagship by showing it before all its upgrade cards, and add the points directly to the ship.
  • Edit lists function, maybe not a definitive version. Depends on how much time I can put in this work in the next days.

First 3 points shouldn't take long, but the other 2 will need some testing, especially edit function.

I have created a fleet three times and it will not show up in my profile. Also when I attempt to view the public file I get an error stating I do not have permission

Hello, which is the fleet name that isn't being saved? Also, which is the public file? The fleet view or your public view of all your fleets? Thank you.

From what I see in the database you have only 1 fleet created with your account, which is named "Red Battlegroup" (token 362), which correctly shows in your public profile view. Is it missing anything?

Edited by Nevetz

yes I have created one named Ackbar's Pickled 'Vettes for our five times and no luck. It days it is processed successfully but then I can't view any of the links

Retry now, it should work. I think you encountered a bug while using the ' character.

Which ship was?

Anyway, the edit option will be added. It just needs some accurate tests and I need more time than usual (also I need to revive my pc first).

It was the VSD for all it was worth I changed the 1 for the 2.

I just used your program today for the first time, and it's great! Thank you and congrats on a lovely and intuitive interface.

Would you be able to condense the short print view so it has a better chance of fitting on one printed page? It's easier to manage while setting up....

Which ship was?

It was the VSD for all it was worth I changed the 1 for the 2.

I already had a problem onthe VSD in the fleet builder, I think it should be okay now.

I just used your program today for the first time, and it's great! Thank you and congrats on a lovely and intuitive interface.

Would you be able to condense the short print view so it has a better chance of fitting on one printed page? It's easier to manage while setting up....

Thank you. I think the print and view pages may see some improvements in the next updates, but it looks like the trend on Armada is to increase the fleet size on each expansion, so if 400 points will perfectly fit to a single page, probably when the standard points will be 500 we will be here to discuss again on the same problem :P anyway, I think I can save some space on those pages, check out the next updates ;)

Also,

CFvlVNI.jpg

ISD expansion upgrade cards are all online, exclusively on Armada Warlords! 

Edited by Nevetz

I have updated the fleet builder page, it now keeps a separate counter for squadrons, which of course has a maximum cap of 1/3 of the total list points you set. Also, unique squadrons cannot be increased or decreased in number anymore. They can still be increased by selecting them multiple times in the squadron selection dialog, so beware of this unintended bug. This will be automatically fixed when I'll update the upgrades and squadron dialogs to show only the unused unique cards remaning. Unfortunatly my pc is still dead so I can only work from a tablet, which of course is not the best tool to program with.

Edit: I've also added 2 "up" and "down" buttons in each ship block, which can be now used to rearrange ships in whatever order you like. This order will be maintained in the print views once you process your list. This will also work soon on squadrons.

Edit 2: Lists can now be set to public or private. Private lists will only show to you in your control panel, and by people who know the URL of your list. Public lists will show on your profile and on the List Flow page. Tomorrow I'll add the option to the control panel to edit the privacy option on the existing lists.

Edited by Nevetz