Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

662 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

I'm heartened to hear @Nevetz is back at it on Armada Warlords. I was beginning to consider going to other fleet builders :(.

In terms of the interface, the organization of some of the Imperial ships is a bit weird. You'll have one chassis separated from the other (so they're not directly next to one another). Would it be possible to just sort them alphabetically? I'd be happy for an alphabetic sorting method for all the options, honestly.

Currently I think they are organized by cost - which can be helpful if you are trying to figure what can fit in a certain budget.

1 hour ago, Snipafist said:

I'm heartened to hear @Nevetz is back at it on Armada Warlords. I was beginning to consider going to other fleet builders :(.

In terms of the interface, the organization of some of the Imperial ships is a bit weird. You'll have one chassis separated from the other (so they're not directly next to one another). Would it be possible to just sort them alphabetically? I'd be happy for an alphabetic sorting method for all the options, honestly.

Right now all cards are sorted by cost (Ships, Squadrons and Upgrades). Since we are actually getting many choices and Warlords was thought back in Wave 1 days, I'll consider adding a few buttons to sort the cards in the builder.

The logout problem got better for me since you contacted the server guys Nevetz.

A Workaround in case you are logged out when you want to save a fleet: log in again, go to latest builds, fork it from there, save again.

I recovered many fleets that way.

Posted (edited)

Hey there @Nevetz , could you let us mark ships and squadrons as scarred and/or veteran? It would be very useful. Thanks!

Edited by bleezy
Wawa666 likes this

Posted (edited)

On 22.04.2017 at 8:35 PM, bleezy said:

Hey there @Nevetz , could you let us mark ships and squadrons as scarred and/or veteran? It would be very useful. Thanks!

That would be sooo awesome!

also ( ;) ):
remember_me_futurama.gif

Edited by Wawa666

What's this scarred/veteran thing is about? Sorry but I'm a little outside the loop. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Nevetz said:

What's this scarred/veteran thing is about? Sorry but I'm a little outside the loop. Thanks!

In the campaign a ship or a squadron can become a veteran if it kills something and survives the game. It stays veteran until the end of the campaign.

Ships and squadrons become scarred in the campaign when they are destroyed in a game and not repaired. If a scarred ship is destroyed it is gone for good. It can be repaired between games.

40 minutes ago, Nevetz said:

A Corellian Conflict thing.

Tracking veteran/scarred status in the builder would be helpful, but hardly essential.

2 hours ago, Nevetz said:

I can add a checkbox to each ship without much trouble, for squadrons I'll probably have to add it in a new row under the squadron name; anyway, noted.

Unique squads can become veteran. All squads can become scarred.

Probably easier to also enable veterancy for ALL squads.

Another feature request: 

When looking at a finished list, make ships&squadrons clickable and sum up the points to determine victory points.

50 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

The sudden, arbitrary logouts while mid-work are very, very vexing.

Regarding logout timers, I did another improvement that should help - let me know if it'll happen again.

Green Knight likes this

I had a problem when editing an ISD, I had an offensive retrofit allocated, when I took the upgrade off it showed the officer slot in place, but when I clicked it still showed offensive retro upgrades, but if I decided to add one again, it would also come up on the officer upgrade, also if I tried to put an officer he would also show on the offensive retrofit. The points counted for both. Is it a known issue or is my PC so bad it breaks the site?

5 hours ago, Nevetz said:

Regarding logout timers, I did another improvement that should help - let me know if it'll happen again.

You dont comprehend how long I can work on a build for.... sometimes days :D

(I log back in on a second tab so the save works again)

Xeletor likes this

Dear Minister Tua and Phoenix Home lovers, your nightmare ends today. I have fixed the problem loading those upgrades in the edit mode; same should do for the fork function.

I'll be looking to add those dual-slot upgrades in the following days.

20 hours ago, Visovics said:

I had a problem when editing an ISD, I had an offensive retrofit allocated, when I took the upgrade off it showed the officer slot in place, but when I clicked it still showed offensive retro upgrades, but if I decided to add one again, it would also come up on the officer upgrade, also if I tried to put an officer he would also show on the offensive retrofit. The points counted for both. Is it a known issue or is my PC so bad it breaks the site?

It may be an editing problem, I'll have a double check at the function.

Visovics likes this

On 4/26/2017 at 2:21 PM, Nevetz said:

Much better, thank you!

I wasnt able to login in the small hours of this morning even. Seems ok now.

4 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

anyone else unable to login