Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

662 posts in this topic

I really dig it; my only issue is it logs you out REALLY fast so I quite often have to login in rapid succession, but the builder itself is great!

ryanabt likes this

I really dig it; my only issue is it logs you out REALLY fast so I quite often have to login in rapid succession, but the builder itself is great!

Yes- that's quite annoying...

ryanabt and WuFame like this

At the moment it doesn't appear to catch 2+ Modifications put on Arquitens. We've had a few folks show up to play with Redundant Shields and Dual Turbos, for example, without Warlords informing them "oops, you can't do that."

And that the Remember Me button doesn't seem to Remember Me.

ryanabt, Wawa666 and Ghost Dancer like this

At the moment it doesn't appear to catch 2+ Modifications put on Arquitens. We've had a few folks show up to play with Redundant Shields and Dual Turbos, for example, without Warlords informing them "oops, you can't do that."

First time I hear this. I'm going to check it out.

And that the Remember Me button doesn't seem to Remember Me.

It doesn't in fact. He's a **** liar. Don't trust the button.

Edited by Nevetz

Is it just Capture the VIP that's the only card still to be added? Or are there other wave 5 cards still to be added?

Any chance of Capture the VIP being added?

Should be doable with a minimum of effort.

It's a semi-popular objective in tourneys, so having it would be good.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:33 PM, Tirion said:

Guys this builder is pretty much dead. As much as I hate to say it.

I was one of his biggest supporters, and it's a little disappointing. But we don't even have all of wave 5 up yet and the community has offered to help to no avail. But life happens I completely understand that, and am grateful we got what we did. If we're lucky he'll come back on at some point and finish off but past that I think it's dead.

I have contacted the server provider and extended the session duration to 2 hours. While I know it doesn't fix the cookies problem, you shouldn't be logged out anymore when passing a lot of time on a single page (see: fleet builder pages).

SoonerTed, Cactus, Maturin and 2 others like this

For those wondering, yes Wave 6 spoilers are coming to Armada Warlords, probably between today and tomorrow. The new "dual" upgrades that require 2 slots may need a little more time to be added since they need a new way to take slots off your ships.

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I find my lack of work on this project in the past months disturbing.

*chokes*

.. I need a little bit of context back, actually. Some of my notes on the project may be outdated, wrong, or, simply, missing. If you are experiencing bugs or strange behavious in the application, please let me know here. I'm already aware of the Tua/Pelta title bugs, but AFAIK they only happen in edit mode, but feel free to express your opinion if case you've a different problem in the past with these features too. 

I'll start to get the works on as soon as I have a clearer idea of the situation.

edit: how are the sessions going? Des it still happen to get logged off while using the site?

Edited by Nevetz

3 minutes ago, Nevetz said:

edit: how are the sessions going? Des it still happen to get logged off while using the site?

Yes.

I get logged out fairly quickly and without warning.

Sometimes I'm building a fleet and think I've saved, but then I get a message saying I should register.

It's not a big deal, but kind of annoying.

Good to see you back here, @Nevetz!

Warlords is still the only builder I use. Thanks for all the work you've done. If time allows you to do more refinement - that's just gravy! :)

Tua/Phoenix Home: works fine, until you edit.

If you EDIT, the "illegal" upgrade gets deleted. You have to reequip Tua/PH to reactivate the extra slot.

Wave 6 content: I'd love to see spoiled stuff released, including Leia Organa.

We have a big Vassal tourney coming up, and spoiled w6 content is allowed.

3 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Wave 6 content: I'd love to see spoiled stuff released, including Leia Organa.

We have a big Vassal tourney coming up, and spoiled w6 content is allowed.

The new content includes upgrades that take up to 2 slots, amirite? Those could take a bit of keyboard smashing to get them up, but I'll be damned if I can't edit my own code.

2 minutes ago, Nevetz said:

The new content includes upgrades that take up to 2 slots, amirite? Those could take a bit of keyboard smashing to get them up, but I'll be damned if I can't edit my own code.

Correct.

Boarding Engineers and Boarding Troopers both require Weapons Team AND Offensive Retrofit.

Glad to see you're back at it Nevetz. Warlords is absolutely fantastic and I'm happy to hear it's gonna be getting wave 6 content. Thanks a ton for all you do.

As a still newer player, your work is the only way i can theory craft and play around with ideas in my head so easily. 

Thank you!

I'm heartened to hear @Nevetz is back at it on Armada Warlords. I was beginning to consider going to other fleet builders :(.

In terms of the interface, the organization of some of the Imperial ships is a bit weird. You'll have one chassis separated from the other (so they're not directly next to one another). Would it be possible to just sort them alphabetically? I'd be happy for an alphabetic sorting method for all the options, honestly.