Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

685 posts in this topic

Bug: when I save a list with Tua in it, it kills whatever Defensive Retrofit I've added.

This doesn't happen, at least in the tests I've just done. Are you sure? I manually checked the database and the upgrade is where expected.

What it doesn't do is to load the upgrade when forking or editing the list, which for now I cannot understand why. The data passes through 3 programming languages and I'm quite positive that it is something I didn't see looking at the code previously but have already paid attention to. I'm just going to read the code again from point zero and find what seems correct but it actually isn't.

Just to help you assess the problem, I will add what happens when I try to use Tua. Currently, I add Tua to the ISD 1 and then add ECM. I save. then go back into the list and ECM and slot is missing and my 7 pts is back. Oddly though, when I try to remove and add Tua, I get a second officer slot pre-populated by Tua, so I end up with two and no defense slot.

The only way I fixed it was to go delete the list, start over, add her and ECM, then save and print it before it goes away. 

Just to help you assess the problem, I will add what happens when I try to use Tua. Currently, I add Tua to the ISD 1 and then add ECM. I save. then go back into the list and ECM and slot is missing and my 7 pts is back. Oddly though, when I try to remove and add Tua, I get a second officer slot pre-populated by Tua, so I end up with two and no defense slot.

The only way I fixed it was to go delete the list, start over, add her and ECM, then save and print it before it goes away. 

What do you mean "go back"? Do you edit the list? I know it may seem stupid but I need to be certain about what happens.

What do you mean "go back"? Do you edit the list? I know it may seem stupid but I need to be certain about what happens.

I'm sorry, yes, I went back into "edit" on the list. My apologies.

Currently I would describe the behavior thusly:

Steps to reproduce:

1) purchase a ship valid for Tua

2) Add Tua to that ship

3) Add a defesive retrofit to that ship

4) Make fleet valid to save

5) Save the fleet

6) Go to your user page to list fleets

7) Click on "Edit" to edit the fleet (Fork works as well)

Issue:

When the build page comes up from Edit (or Fork), Tua is on the ship but the Defensive Retrofit is not

Workaround:

Click on the officer slot and re-select Tua. The Defensive Retrofit slot appears again and may be filled with the desired card.

Nevetz likes this

Steps to reproduce:

2) Add Tua to that ship

5) Save the fleet

Issue:

When the build page comes up from Edit (or Fork), Tua is on the ship but the Defensive Retrofit is not

Workaround:

Click on the officer slot and re-select Tua. The Defensive Retrofit slot appears again and may be filled with the desired card.

Ok the steps are clear, and it is what I am currently working on.

Also the mobile updates......

They'll wait. It's a nonsense to update the mobile builder when the main one still has bugs, which are priority one at the moment.

Steps to reproduce:

2) Add Tua to that ship

5) Save the fleet

Issue:

Workaround:

Ok the steps are clear, and it is what I am currently working on.

Also the mobile updates......

They'll wait. It's a nonsense to update the mobile builder when the main one still has bugs, which are priority one at the moment.

It is really disappointing that X-wing has several squadron builders on the google play store yet Armada has none. I understand it is better to support the main platform but there really needs to be a mobile builder for Armada. Heck I even found one for Star Trek Attack wing.

Guys this builder is pretty much dead. As much as I hate to say it.

I was one of his biggest supporters, and it's a little disappointing. But we don't even have all of wave 5 up yet and the community has offered to help to no avail. But life happens I completely understand that, and am grateful we got what we did. If we're lucky he'll come back on at some point and finish off but past that I think it's dead.

Guys this builder is pretty much dead. As much as I hate to say it.

I was one of his biggest supporters, and it's a little disappointing. But we don't even have all of wave 5 up yet and the community has offered to help to no avail. But life happens I completely understand that, and am grateful we got what we did. If we're lucky he'll come back on at some point and finish off but past that I think it's dead.

Dude, it's been 1 week since the developer last posted here. Calling this dead is not only premature, it's insulting and entitled.

Doing this sort of work takes a lot more time, energy, and effort than most people realize. And - contrary to popular opinion - you can't just jump into someone else's coding project and work on it. It almost certainly would take more time to train other people on how the program code is set up than you could save by having extra help. Give the guy time to do his work. And stop it with the incessant criticism.

If you want him to give up, you are doing exactly the sort of thing to encourage it.

What exactly is missing?  The only thing I see that is missing is Capture the VIP objective, and that's not really a big deal.

Yeah, I am loving Warlords. The interface actually helped my father understand how to build lists (he's not a very experienced wargamer).

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Aegis
deDios and Nevetz like this

Wow Trion. Don't take of my grandparents. One of them falls asleep and you'll bury them!! This builder is 99.9% up and running. Patience padawan.

Edited by Lobokai
Nevetz likes this

Hey everyone,

first of all, I'm all but dead and I am perfectly aware of my builder situation too. As I always said and will keep saying, Armada Warlords is a project developed in my free time, without advertisements, free and no-profit. I've never asked anything in return and will never do, although I have also always received endless kind words and also donations from many users in return of my work.

This said, I am a web developer in a team of 3 which work for a group on 6 companies (around 500 employees) and I am the main developer of their management systems. You may understand this task is quite heavy and pressuring. I do love to work for Armada Warlords, but work has already cut me the time to actually play board games, and it is now taking the time I used for my free projects, which actually means Armada Warlords; I can't help it. I can spend time on AW only in the time I can stay with family/friends/fiancee, and you may understand that I'm not really happy to code in the time I can actually not code anything. 

Armada Warlords is a work I've always "had" to do alone given the tailor-made original aim of the project and although it would not be impossible for others to work on it, it's not something I can give to others and say "hey, update me this". The game is expanding and keeps adding new features that inevitably will make the list creation more and more challenging and demanding in terms of options, which require and will require time, new features and updates that I know have to be fast, but also complete and bug-free. I'm not saying I won't work on AW anymore, but I'd like to explain how much goes into the process of getting new things up and running on a website that was never meant to be a "fire-and-forget" (aka "click-and-update") system. 

Thanks for reading and all the support,

Nevetz

The builder is perfectly fine right now. Tua and Phoenix Home are a little buggy, but that's my only complaint about the main builder. Everything from wave 5 and CC is there. I can live without the compact version if need be. This remains my favorite builder out there. Thank you for all the wonderful work you do Nevetz. Get some rest. I hope work stops killing you at some point soon :)

The builder is perfectly fine right now. Tua and Phoenix Home are a little buggy, but that's my only complaint about the main builder. Everything from wave 5 and CC is there. I can live without the compact version if need be. This remains my favorite builder out there. Thank you for all the wonderful work you do Nevetz. Get some rest. I hope work stops killing you at some point soon :)

As Caldias said, Capture the VIP is not there. Not a huge issue, but Warlords has the best text export I've seen so far so I wish is was 100%. But I can just edit my yellow objective to Capture VIP.

As Caldias said, Capture the VIP is not there. Not a huge issue, but Warlords has the best text export I've seen so far so I wish is was 100%. But I can just edit my yellow objective to Capture VIP.

Really? I thought I saw that a little while back. Shows how much I include that objective...

Didn't say I wasn't happy with it everyone took that way to hard. But some things are out of date and have been for months. Ie compact builder, I would imagine most users are mobile. Cookies, not sure if the pelta and tua bug was fixed, and other minor things. Never did this wasn't a good builder, specifically said I was grateful for it. I myself have donated a solid amount, as have many others at the request of Nev cause life got in the way. I totally understand life getting in the way. It happens to all of us I'm lost person to judge someone on that. And on to of life nevets isn't even able to play anymore, update times have mushroomed as of late, again totally fine, and the writing is on the wall.

If you had paid attention this whole time I have been one of the loudest and longest supporters of this project. I still think it is a good builder I just don't see any reason for it to be continually updated past this point when it is a free time thing of a busy person that only gets a measly $70ish from it each month. That's before maintenance fees and such. And no point did I criticize nevets or his work not was it even remotely incessant. And the giant time commitment that this project is is the reason I said what I did.

You guys blew this way out of proportion.

Undeadguy, Eggzavier and Nevetz like this

Didn't say I wasn't happy with it everyone took that way to hard. But some things are out of date and have been for months. Ie compact builder, I would imagine most users are mobile. Cookies, not sure if the pelta and tua bug was fixed, and other minor things. Never did this wasn't a good builder, specifically said I was grateful for it. I myself have donated a solid amount, as have many others at the request of Nev cause life got in the way. I totally understand life getting in the way. It happens to all of us I'm lost person to judge someone on that. And on to of life nevets isn't even able to play anymore, update times have mushroomed as of late, again totally fine, and the writing is on the wall.

If you had paid attention this whole time I have been one of the loudest and longest supporters of this project. I still think it is a good builder I just don't see any reason for it to be continually updated past this point when it is a free time thing of a busy person that only gets a measly $70ish from it each month. That's before maintenance fees and such. And no point did I criticize nevets or his work not was it even remotely incessant. And the giant time commitment that this project is is the reason I said what I did.

You guys blew this way out of proportion.

No offense taken, Tirion. I know you've always been a supporter and I also feel your disappointment. Believe me, I'm the first one to hate the problems that AW is currently suffering and I'd like to see them gone in a flash too.

On a completely different topic: Patreon has enhanced its way to track Patrons and I should be able to link your AW accounts to your Patroen profiles. I didn't look into it yet but it should be possible, so expect an update on your profiles soon().

Tirion likes this

I am the supporter too and also would like to give BIG THANKS to creator of undeniably THE BEST ARMADA FLEET BUILDER; It has some bugs (f.e. Darth Vader admiral & squadron issue ;) ) now and then but they never made buldier unusable.

in my opinion You should put some advs there-You will get the same amount of BS (only topic will change, but still- don't care about it)- to have smth from Your great work.