Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

I've updated the application; you can now see your spent points / available points / total list points in the header of the squadron and ship builders, on the right. This should enable you to always have under your eyes your costs, while avoiding changes to the user interface (especially on mobile phones).

Basically you can now build your fleets, although you can't still share or print them, which is, by the way, the next thing I'll be working on. If someone has some sources where I can find the scans of the missing cards (Wave 2 squadrons and the last upgrades left) I'd really appreciate, to be able to update the database.

You can also view a beta of the public list view here: http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=1

Edited by Nevetz

I've updated the application; you can now see your spent points / available points / total list points in the header of the squadron and ship builders, on the right. This should enable you to always have under your eyes your costs, while avoiding changes to the user interface (especially on mobile phones).

Basically you can now build your fleets, although you can't still share or print them, which is, by the way, the next thing I'll be working on. If someone has some sources where I can find the scans of the missing cards (Wave 2 squadrons and the last upgrades left) I'd really appreciate, to be able to update the database.

You can also view a beta of the public list view here: http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=1

Cool, I was hoping for the ability to print.  I have looked the website over on my iPad and it looks great.  The intense graphics mean that you really need wifi; using LTE is slow.  Fortunately my FLGS has free wifi.

The sample print page is beautiful but I fear it will drink toner.  It would be nice to have a minimalist print option for those who don't enjoy buying toner cartridges.

Edited by Edsel62

I tried to send this through the "Contact Me" page, but it gave me an error so I'll post it here:

There is an issue with adding up the cost of assigned upgrades  When upgrades are added to multiple ships, the cost of all upgrades on ships listed above are being applied to the current ship.  Example:

Open the Rebel Fleet builder and add an Assault Frigate and then a corvette. 
The corvette should be listed above the assault frigate in the ship builder.
Add an upgrade to the corvette (I added Raymus Antillies)
Look at the point costs on the assault frigate and you will see the corvette upgrade's cost incorrectly added there.  

Keep up the good work.  I really like how this fleet builder is shaping up.  

I tried to send this through the "Contact Me" page, but it gave me an error so I'll post it here:

There is an issue with adding up the cost of assigned upgrades  When upgrades are added to multiple ships, the cost of all upgrades on ships listed above are being applied to the current ship.  Example:

Open the Rebel Fleet builder and add an Assault Frigate and then a corvette. 
The corvette should be listed above the assault frigate in the ship builder.
Add an upgrade to the corvette (I added Raymus Antillies)
Look at the point costs on the assault frigate and you will see the corvette upgrade's cost incorrectly added there.  

Keep up the good work.  I really like how this fleet builder is shaping up.  

Mmh interesting,it seems I've messed up something in the last public release. I'll check and update the page, thank you. 

edit: it should work now.

Cool, I was hoping for the ability to print.  I have looked the website over on my iPad and it looks great.  The intense graphics mean that you really need wifi; using LTE is slow.  Fortunately my FLGS has free wifi.

The sample print page is beautiful but I fear it will drink toner.  It would be nice to have a minimalist print option for those who don't enjoy buying toner cartridges.

It's not the print page, it is just the web public version, which you can use to link your fleet to others in forums, social networks, etc. The print page will be mostly text-only.

Edited by Nevetz

You can now create and share your fleets. When you are done building your fleet, click on "Process Fleet" and 3 buttons will appear on the bottom of the page; the only one working, "Share Fleet", will take you to a new page, which you can link to whoever you want.

edit: I just wrote the code, but I didn't run a lot of tests; if you find any bug, please report them to me. Also if you want to keep the list, save the like somewhere. When the user infrastructure will be online, you will be able to see your saved lists from your profile.

Edited by Nevetz

Updated the application with the Print Views. You can now print your lists using a detailed view, where upgrades come with their description, or a compact view to save space. To do this, create or open a list (both from Fleet Builder tab) and click on "Switch to Print View" or "Switch to Detailed Print View"

Squadron Database:

• It misses Nym and most of the generic Wave 2 squadrons. FFG has not actually released the images, so for now they are missing. Everything else is complete.

Upgrades Database:

• Complete base set and Wave 1 upgrades. Missing the officially unspoiled Wave 2 upgrade cards.
  • I will add a filter form to be table to search for specific cards, factions, types, cost, etc.

- nevetz

It would be great to have the options for the missing cards and just have a placeholder image so we could build fleets with the builder, even if the pretty pictures are missing.

28/10/15 update:

• fixed some minor bugs in the fleet builder pages;
  • in the Web View and Print Views, commanders are now linked to the selected flagship;
  • it is now required to promote a ship to flagship in order to complete the list; 
  • added some Wave 2 card images, good scans may arrive in the next days;
  • fixed some design issues for very small computer screens and tablets (this will continue to improve in the updates);

I am still monitoring the fleet builder program because I've received some strange behaviour reports in very odd situations where the builder doesn't work as intended. If you find anything strange while creating your list, please let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Nevetz

I just wanted to chime in and state that so far this is my favorite interface for Armada fleet building I've seen yet (and this is the... 4th? fleet builder I've found). Thank you for your service to the community and please keep up the good work!

This is looking really good. Excellent work.

A couple of cosmetic suggestions:

1. Would be great if we could change the order of the ships/squadrons (i.e. an up/down button). I like my ships to be listed and grouped in a certain way.

2. Any chance the commander could be the leftmost slot with the objectives on the right (or have a way of changing this)? Just seems more logical to me.

This is looking really good. Excellent work.

A couple of cosmetic suggestions:

1. Would be great if we could change the order of the ships/squadrons (i.e. an up/down button). I like my ships to be listed and grouped in a certain way.

2. Any chance the commander could be the leftmost slot with the objectives on the right (or have a way of changing this)? Just seems more logical to me.

Hello,

I'd say both improvements can be done. While for now the commander isn't shown in the flagship while working on the list, the list' web view and both print views have it already. It's indeed more logical to have it under your eyes while looking at the flagship, but I need to do this I will also need to update the code, and run some tests (for example, removing the flagship could give some problems because it would eliminate the commander too, but since the program saves the commander separatly from the ships, it won't be a problem to keep these two things logically unlinked but visually in the same place with some intelligent choices). The move shipup/down feature is something cool to have, I'll insert it too in the long to-do list.

Thanks everyone for your support, arriving to this point was quite challenging, but totally worth it. And it is really far from completition! Next big update will feature user administration, with finally the possibility to have all your lists linked to your very own account.

nevetz

Wow, its coming together very nicely.

I deleted Darth Vader the Squadron and my Tie Advanced now cost 21, then when I added him back in he cost 12. Though my three Tie Advanced were costing me 63.

I also submit my report for you:

http://www.ridersyd.com.au/scl/sdf.pdf

Could be that I print on A4 or something with the Nitro printer.

I will check for the squadron, seems very strange.

As for the print, you are using the wrong page, what you are looking for is here:

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/print_list_compact.php?token=156

or

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/print_list.php?token=156

Edited by Nevetz

I was hoping to print that page as I like the card images and such, is it just going screwy because the images have different resolutions? Could that be solved by a printer CSS?

Edited by Amanal