Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nevetz

Introducing Armada Warlords: database and fleet builder

662 posts in this topic

I'm liking it very much, building the fleet looking straightly at the card is much more confortable.

If you would allow me, going ask for a couple of features I use a lot:

- A library where we can set all the expansion we have, so we can realiably build based on what we have in our hangar;

- A Print feature.  A heavy version with the cards, buy mainly a clean one to list what we need to setup at the table.

Please keep up the good work and thank you very much.

Cheers.

I'm liking it very much, building the fleet looking straightly at the card is much more confortable.

If you would allow me, going ask for a couple of features I use a lot:

- A library where we can set all the expansion we have, so we can realiably build based on what we have in our hangar;

- A Print feature.  A heavy version with the cards, buy mainly a clean one to list what we need to setup at the table.

Please keep up the good work and thank you very much.

Cheers.

Hello, 

- for the expansions library, it could be added to the user section once it will work, though its impact on the builder could be quite heavy (not impossible, but it will take some time). The possibility is real, but its actual placement in the "to-do" list would be not on the top.

- print feature is signed as one of the top priorities. I'm totally aware that people need to share and print their lists, so of course it is really important to give this feature fast. I expect to have more printable versions of the fleets, especially a detailed one (every upgrade and special squadron has its ability text printed, all squadrons come with their keywords) and a generic one, with just the ship/upgrades names and the upgrades names. Of course both versions will include costs.

DiabloAzul likes this

This looks really great.  I'm loving the interface.  Probably the best I've seen.  

And I know you have stated you could work on these features and others have said, but I would just like to reiterate.

For me the thing that sets Fabs apart from the rest is the fact you can put in your collection.  I cannot remember how many XI7's I have.  I do not want to be able to use 3 when I only have 2.  Especially when i'm at work, which is where I do most of my fleet building.  I also really love the Random fleet builds.  Some times in the "Lab" I love to play with random fleets.  This is a "nice to have feature", but the entering in your own collection is a must for me.  

I do know how much work this would be.  But keep it up, I like the direction its going.  I will keep it on my radar. 

How do the printed lists look like?

Good question. It'd like to point out that once a list will be complete, the user will receive 3 links, that for now I really encourage to save somewhere since user infrastructure is not online yet. When you will be able to login, each list you'll save will give you automatically the links to the edit/share/print functions, but for "now" (when these function will be actually ready) we will do this the tricky way.

So basically, saving a fleet will give you 3 links, as I was saying:

• First link will take you to what will be the "public list view", a view of your fleet accessible to whoever has the link, and will look similarly to the fleet builder, but set up for  better reading: single rows for each ship, with the ship image on the left, and the upgrade images on the right. Something very similar to what happens now on the builder. This will give your viewers a clear, direct look at your fleet. After the ship, squadrons will follow, followed by objetives. On the page header, the general infomation like the fleet name and the total point cost will be displayed.
  • The second link will take you to the long version of the printable list. It will be a page(s) styled only to be printed on A4 paper; the list will feature complete details for upgrades (which means name, ability text, type, and cost of course) and for squadrons with unique abilities too.
  • The third link will take you to the short version of the printable list; again, a styled A4 page(s), but this time only the ship names and upgrades names will be displayed, same for squadrons and objetives. This version will look similar to a table, like typical Excel sheets. It will be useful for players who have already in mind what cards do and just need a list of what they have and how much they cost.

Hope I've been clear enough :)

Edited by Nevetz
Ghost Dancer likes this

Looking awesome so far.

Small feature request, regarding the databases. For the upgrades, commanders etc could you add a line saying which expansion they're found in? It would be useful when appeasing the cards to have that in one place.

The squadron section of the fleet builder is online, I just need to remove the +/- icons from unique squadrons for better user experience. Next points on the to do list: add something to show the current total points spent in the list, then print/share functions.

Lyraeus, KAGE13, Edsel62 and 3 others like this

In the Fleet Builder, I notice that during the building process that it does not show the points that you used up. Are we supposed to do self calculations? Or is this a feature for future release?

The squadron section of the fleet builder is online, I just need to remove the +/- icons from unique squadrons for better user experience. Next points on the to do list: add something to show the current total points spent in the list, then print/share functions.

In the Fleet Builder, I notice that during the building process that it does not show the points that you used up. Are we supposed to do self calculations? Or is this a feature for future release?

:P

Edited by DiabloAzul