Sign in to follow this  
Eduboy94

Episode 1-3 ships

Oh I know, the worst offenders prior to the T-70 were the E and K wings...

Honestly I play with a legends mindset, any narrative campaign is set in shattered empire era or an era where these ships were available sooner as prototypes.

a rift in the time/space continuum meant that Jake, Tycho and Wedge all fought each other on Tuesday night. Only Jake survived.

And the world continues to turn!

1-3 suck .... and don't exist in my universe end of story 

I know what you feel, but for me now years after the hate has faded I can pull about forty five minutes of decent to good content out of the three flubs.

The best is that Asteroid chase battle in the 2nd flick.

That shoulda-coulda been a Han & Boba scene.

;)

I wish they would make prequel ships just so that I could take them to a game and watch the reactions of people with opinions like those in this thread.  I've never actually seen someone's head explode, this might be just what I've been looking for...

Then look up the effect age of sigmar had on warhammer, see why adding stuff only a small minority want is a bad idea, marvel as the player base fractures into three parts, gasp as the majority of people jump ship and the company dies.

It's a tale of why you should never fix what isn't broken.

There is a huge difference between adding prequel ships to X-Wing and turning the game into X-Wing: Unglued like AOS did to Warhammer Fantasy.

I don't like the prequel movies, I don't even like the last half of The Clone Wars that much but the X-Wing scale ships were fine IMO.Even the Armada scale ships were ok I just thought the CIS desperately needed some small and midsized capships.

At this point in the game I already have most of the ships I love anything FFG cooks up from here on in is just gravy. I dunno how many new ships were going to see in the new movies but if they squeeze in a few epp1-3 ships here and there i wont complain any so long as the rules match the ships and they give a good feel when flying them. And there's only so many aces packs you can squeeze out of the OT. At some point their going to have to look at episodes 1-3 to get new ships into the game.

... so long as we get the gunboat first though :P

And then a meta breaking n1 so all the tourney guys break down into tears about having to buy swarms of n1's just to be a contender at worlds.

Money leads to greed, greed leads to prequel ships, prequel ships leads to money.

If they're going to do them they should be added as separate factions to the same game. They have the roster for it right now unlike TFA factions. Do a release like they did with scum and inside two waves they'll be up to speed.

http://strawpoll.me/5796770/r

Also since this is now a thing can people stop pretending the prequel ships are not wanted by the community at large? Because you are in fact wrong.

30 votes is insignificant statistically.

Also there's no way to know a bunch didn't vote twice or more.

Make a separate thread have it on a site like Facebook or something and let it run a while.

As it is all that shows is how few people care.

I wish they would make prequel ships just so that I could take them to a game and watch the reactions of people with opinions like those in this thread.  I've never actually seen someone's head explode, this might be just what I've been looking for...

Then look up the effect age of sigmar had on warhammer, see why adding stuff only a small minority want is a bad idea, marvel as the player base fractures into three parts, gasp as the majority of people jump ship and the company dies.

There is a huge difference between adding prequel ships to X-Wing and turning the game into X-Wing: Unglued like AOS did to Warhammer Fantasy.

I don't like the prequel movies, I don't even like the last half of The Clone Wars that much but the X-Wing scale ships were fine IMO.Even the Armada scale ships were ok I just thought the CIS desperately needed some small and midsized capships.

The point was they split their player base shattering it like glass, you don't think OT only tournaments would pop up banning prequel ships and cards, you don't think people would refuse to play against prequel ships.

It will cause unneeded hassle it'll stop people getting games in, it'll damage friendships.

The prequels as this thread shows are a massive point of contention and forcing them on a player base drawn to an OT based game would be a terrible idea.

BTW... I do not hate the prequels, but I am not going to hold my breath waiting around for FFG to make the ships that I wanted to add into the game. They are out there, now go hunt them up like I did.

SWCD%2BSEPT%2B2015%2B%2B2.jpg

Staw Wars Battles and F-Toys have a bunch that look nice and are in scale. Also the NEW Micro machines are in scale kinda too.

SWCD+NOV+W+1.jpg

SWCD+NOV+W+3-4.jpg

3440469b.jpg.jpg

Boss LUVS You ALL!

^_^

Space Rocks frigate. Takes a bit of a while to ship but... Man That's gonna be fielded. There will be pics of Battlegroup Pathfinder (what I am naming said frigate).

I may need to order some Space rock wrecks and roids, and when the custom bases are released some mels's prequel era ships for pirates... just counts as Zs, Khirax, heavy syck etc.

The War room isn't set up for painting yet though... and won't be for a good while. Hell, till after Halcon it's not even good for gaming, as my armour is taking up space.

Edited by DariusAPB

If they're going to do them they should be added as separate factions to the same game. They have the roster for it right now unlike TFA factions. Do a release like they did with scum and inside two waves they'll be up to speed.

http://strawpoll.me/5796770/r

Also since this is now a thing can people stop pretending the prequel ships are not wanted by the community at large? Because you are in fact wrong.

30 votes is insignificant statistically.

Also there's no way to know a bunch didn't vote twice or more.

Make a separate thread have it on a site like Facebook or something and let it run a while.

As it is all that shows is how few people care.

The point was they split their player base shattering it like glass, you don't think OT only tournaments would pop up banning prequel ships and cards, you don't think people would refuse to play against prequel ships.

It will cause unneeded hassle it'll stop people getting games in, it'll damage friendships.

The prequels as this thread shows are a massive point of contention and forcing them on a player base drawn to an OT based game would be a terrible idea.

Ok if there aren't OT only tournaments arising due to the TFA ships then there is no reasonable justification for such tournaments to come about due to PT ships.

If such tournaments do come about due to the TFA ships it is too late to stop them from coming so adding PT ships will do no harm.

No one would be forced to play the PT ships either they would just be options for those who want to use them.

And IMO if someone is so obsessed with keeping their games PT free that they'll try to force people to not use PT ships against them they need professional consuling IMO.

I voted... doesn't make me a prequel lover, or even prequel ship lover.

It makes me a lover of variety. A lover of options.

I like some prequel ships, but I am a staunch believer of the more options the better.

Not everyone agrees with me.

I understand and accept why.

This. The more options I have to pick from when building a force in a wargame the better IMO.

Space Rocks frigate. Takes a bit of a while to ship but... Man That's gonna be fielded. There will be pics of Battlegroup Pathfinder (what I am naming said frigate).

I may need to order some Space rock wrecks and roids, and when the custom bases are released some mels's prequel era ships for pirates... just counts as Zs, Khirax, heavy syck etc.

The War room isn't set up for painting yet though... and won't be for a good while. Hell, till after Halcon it's not even good for gaming, as my armour is taking up space.

I figured that was the one you meant. It is on my list too... share them pictures when you can Brah!

;)

My thanks.... I wonder is Staples sell Decal paper...

I especially like the nazi submarine flags there on the right.

Also, need to find someone who knows photoshop, (or photoshop, and a couple of hours learning it) so I can put an omega symbol over an Imperial cog for my Black Omega squadron...

Edited by DariusAPB

I hardly intended the poll to be some definitive survey. Just wanted to see how people in this thread felt about it.

And I for one thank you for that. :) Both as a Wargamer and as someone who enjoyed the prequels, I'd love to see them in - for one, it'd add even more variety to the game. Second, the game will likely be a bigger draw to younger players, the ones who grew up with the Prequel-era ships.

My wallet would hate me, though, as I'd want to try building a 300+ point swarm of Vulture Droids! XD