Sign in to follow this  
Eduboy94

Episode 1-3 ships

Yeah but there's a 52 page thread asking for the starwing assault gunboat.

You'll notice no such thread asking for the N-1.

That's because the overwhelming majority of players like the OT and EU faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than the prequels.

That argument doesn't really hold water, considering how the first few pages of this thread are mostly people complaining about how often people post threads asking about why there's no prequel ships.  I'm sure if you counted up the number of posts in threads asking for prequel ships, it would give that Gunboat thread a real run for its money.

I'm sure if you count you'll find it's the same 5-10 people that keep spamming the same topic then the rest of the forum pointing out the flaws in their arguments.

Then there's like another 5 that don't mind.

The majority don't want anything prequel related in x-wing, GCW onwards!

That's because the overwhelming majority of players like the OT and EU faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than the prequels.

That argument doesn't really hold water, considering how the first few pages of this thread are mostly people complaining about how often people post threads asking about why there's no prequel ships.  I'm sure if you counted up the number of posts in threads asking for prequel ships, it would give that Gunboat thread a real run for its money.

On top of that, whenever a prequel thread is mentioned-

I'm sure if you count you'll find it's the same 5-10 people that keep spamming the same topic then the rest of the forum pointing out the flaws in their arguments.

Then there's like another 5 that don't mind.

The majority don't want anything prequel related in x-wing, GCW onwards!

Well, that happens.

For short. Why there's no ships from these movies, there's many awesome ships whitch I would like to see in the game.

I'm sorry you're getting some non-friendly responses. This is just a tiny bit of a hot button. :)

The short version is that FFG only adds ships to this game that the designers thinks are cool- as long as they are on the right scale.

FFG's CEO and the lead X-Wing designers seem to have the same misgivings about the prequels as most fans their age do. Unfortunately that distaste bleeds over onto some awesome ship designs.

There is the problem of which faction various ships would go into. Or creating new factions. Those problems would be solvable if FFG wanted to solve them, but see above.

For the record: I _really_ want the V-19 Torrent starfighter in the game. It's ugly, impractical, and wonderful.

I think the V-19 is far and away the most interesting Prequel Era ship, but I doubt it would be a front-runner even if FFG started dipping into that era. They would almost certainly go to the more recognizable ships like the N-1 and Jedi interceptors first. The V-19 wasn't even in a film, right? I think it's just from the animated shows.

It's one thing to not like the prequel movies as much as the originals, or even dislike them.  But the level of hatred a few certain users have on here is just sad.  Without actually saying it, they are basically doing the "raped my childhood" type of talk.

I think it's weird that many star wars fans don't like the prequels, but I don't berate them for it.  It's their loss in my opinion.

Whether they want to or not, if x-wing continues to be successful, FFG will have to seriously consider prequel ships in the near future.  The EU well is getting pretty dry in terms of recognizable ships, and the new movies and rebels will probably not provide enough ships for 2-3 waves a year like they currently do.

It's one thing to not like the prequel movies as much as the originals, or even dislike them.  But the level of hatred a few certain users have on here is just sad.  Without actually saying it, they are basically doing the "raped my childhood" type of talk.

I think it's weird that many star wars fans don't like the prequels, but I don't berate them for it.  It's their loss in my opinion.

Whether they want to or not, if x-wing continues to be successful, FFG will have to seriously consider prequel ships in the near future.  The EU well is getting pretty dry in terms of recognizable ships, and the new movies and rebels will probably not provide enough ships for 2-3 waves a year like they currently do.

No Michael bay did that with transformers and ninja turtles.

Remakes are what attacks the happy childhood memories.

The prequels offend for many different reasons:

phantom menace was boring,

it's jokes fell stone dead,

jar jar was insulting,

the bad guys were offensive,

the acting was poor

the story an uninteresting but over long waste of our time,

they made the force an std instead of a mystical source of power,

Darth maul was a big thing in adverts but has like ten minutes screen time,

Droid army was just pathetic,

The child actors were just the worst,

And so on.

That's just the first movie and the other two were no better, in fact clones is much worse.

They are bad movies not just for fans but by the standards of anyone that enjoys films.

And even though Lucas knew they were panned by fans and critics alike he doubled down forcing the prequels on us in every media and in that era some of the worst products Lucas arts ever made.

That's why we remember x-wing and tie fighter but know one ever reminisces over naboo starfighter, because like everything prequel related it sucked then and even with nostalgia glasses it sucks now.

I think they're bad movies. Nothing weird about it. 

And even though Lucas knew they were panned by fans and critics alike he doubled down forcing the prequels on us in every media and in that era some of the worst products Lucas arts ever made.

That's why we remember x-wing and tie fighter but know one ever reminisces over naboo starfighter, because like everything prequel related it sucked then and even with nostalgia glasses it sucks now.

You're crazy. People reminisce over Battlefront, Battlefront 2, Republic Commando, even Episode 1 Podracer (Which is an underrated classic). All those games cover the prequels and didn't suffer for it. You could even add the first LEGO Star Wars, which started an entire series of popular LEGO games that continues to this day. 

The real time Star Wars games sucked? After Battlefront 2, when we got garbage like The Force Unleashed and unformed ideas like Star Wars 1313. And terrible ideas like those were what eventually killed Lucasarts. 

Edited by WingedSpider

I think the V-19 is far and away the most interesting Prequel Era ship, but I doubt it would be a front-runner even if FFG started dipping into that era. They would almost certainly go to the more recognizable ships like the N-1 and Jedi interceptors first. The V-19 wasn't even in a film, right? I think it's just from the animated shows.

You're not wrong. But, I mean, as long as we're fantasizing...

They didn't **** my childhood, I grew up as they came out. They're just mediocre. Hence why they must be stopped at all costs.

Mediocre things end up lingering, outright terrible things die off. Nickelback isn't outright terrible, just hypermediocre so it gets to ruin the radio for longer than if it had just been outright terrible.

"Hey, Nickelback isn't THAT bad, they have that one song I like." "Hey man, that's just like your opinion man. Some people think Edith Piaf is mediocre."

"The comparison of the ARC-170 to Nickelback is just tasteless."

I really don't have a problem forcing good taste on people. A radio where all the station owners collectively stopped playing modern country music and shoved Beethoven and Edith Piaf and The Mamas & The Papas upon people who listen to modern country radio stations would be great. X-Wing is currently in that golden state, with no prequel ships. Let's keep it that way.

They didn't **** my childhood, I grew up as they came out. They're just mediocre. Hence why they must be stopped at all costs.

Mediocre things end up lingering, outright terrible things die off. Nickelback isn't outright terrible, just hypermediocre so it gets to ruin the radio for longer than if it had just been outright terrible.

"Hey, Nickelback isn't THAT bad, they have that one song I like." "Hey man, that's just like your opinion man. Some people think Edith Piaf is mediocre."

"The comparison of the ARC-170 to Nickelback is just tasteless."

I really don't have a problem forcing good taste on people. A radio where all the station owners collectively stopped playing modern country music and shoved Beethoven and Edith Piaf and The Mamas & The Papas upon people who listen to modern country radio stations would be great. X-Wing is currently in that golden state, with no prequel ships. Let's keep it that way.

Did I just see someone type Edith Piaf in a Star Wars discussion??? You get a like for that. A big. Fat. Like. And yes it is scientifically proven that Nickleback sucks.

Prequels? What prequels? I don't remember those... :P

I do have the feeling that most people would just stop listening to the radio - I never do, since there is no radio in Germany that will play actual metal. Even if they would, good music shouldn't be cut into radio length.

I would rather see the N1 than the gunboat if we only got one of them. The gunboat looks like the lambda with extra wings. There I said it. I guarantee more people could Identify the N1 than the ARC-170. Sorry that some people are able to acknowledge a few good things came out of the prequels and the elitist "purists" can't take themselves out their frothing fanboy hysteria and move on from 1983.

The prequels sucked.

They made some cool looking ships.

Prequel ships are cannon and more recognizable to a wider range of people than ships that showed up in a handful of video games last decade.

And while you have your nose turned to the sky here is a coupon for kleenex in case you get a nose bleed.  :)

https://www.kleenex.com/Promotions.aspx

I just wanted to repost this post because it's awesome. :)

I wish they would make prequel ships just so that I could take them to a game and watch the reactions of people with opinions like those in this thread.  I've never actually seen someone's head explode, this might be just what I've been looking for...

Then look up the effect age of sigmar had on warhammer, see why adding stuff only a small minority want is a bad idea, marvel as the player base fractures into three parts, gasp as the majority of people jump ship and the company dies.

It's a tale of why you should never fix what isn't broken.

I wish they would make prequel ships just so that I could take them to a game and watch the reactions of people with opinions like those in this thread.  I've never actually seen someone's head explode, this might be just what I've been looking for...

Then look up the effect age of sigmar had on warhammer, see why adding stuff only a small minority want is a bad idea, marvel as the player base fractures into three parts, gasp as the majority of people jump ship and the company dies.

You seem awfully offended by the idea of ships that wouldn't take away your old ships at all.  Age of Sigmar took away.  I mean, I understad if FFG doesn't want to make prequel ships and i'm okay with that but i'm also okay with prequel ships if they want to do them and they're balanced.

Also the original star wars movies aren't particularly good films- the dialog is hokey everywhere, even ESB, which had its dialog doctored by a director who knew what he was doing had some iffy stuff.

10:1 PGS only knew of Piaf's existence via Inception.

I was watching a movie called Army of Crime about French Resistance fighters during world war 2. During a scene in which they try to build up enough nerve to throw a grenade into a brothel filled with German officers (and beautiful young French women they can't bear to kill) a song called Un Souvenir by Damia that is playing on the phonograph inside. I liked that song.

While I was looking for it on Youtube, the scene in Saving Private Ryan where Tu Es Partout by Edith Piaf was played was suggested to me. And then I got into Edith Piaf, eventually many other French singers from the period like Frehel and Berthe Slyva and Lucienne Boyer.

I don't understand French but the music is still great.

There really is not comparison there. AoS took a beloved game that if not perfect was at least interesting and made it something entirely different that had very little to do with the gameplay that people liked for decades. Prequel ships in X-Wing would be very similar to the normal expansions. I agree that they, especially now with the perspective of new movies that fir in a lot better, shouldn't be added any time soon, but I am not categoricaly against it. They wouldn't come with rules like "If you talk like Jar Jar Bings the whole game, you may change all your dice into crits".