Sign in to follow this  
Eduboy94

Episode 1-3 ships

Welcome to the forum, and internet forums in general, Eduboy94! With questions like this (ie. Questions that more than likely have been asked before and have a straight cut answer) it is always better to use the search function. That goes on all internet forums!

Enjoy your stay here, you will get a hang of it!

Edited by Rippy

There's been a lot of discussion about it.

There seem to be a few camps.

1. Don't want it to happen.

2. Want it to happen with new factions based on GR and CIS

3. Want it to happen inside of existing factions even if it means the most iconic pilots aren't used

4. Want it to happen with GR and CIS being smushed into existing factions

FFG, the last time they commented on it, seemed to be in the 1. camp.

For short. Why there's no ships from these movies, there's many awesome ships whitch I would like to see in the game.

Basically, I think you have bad taste and FFG should not listen to you.

Prequels are a bunch of 'meh' turn of the century generic CGI action movies.

Triplane X-Wing is not cool and neither is the dumb looking CGI chrome banana Naboo fighter.

For short. Why there's no ships from these movies, there's many awesome ships whitch I would like to see in the game.

Triplane X-Wing is not cool and neither is the dumb looking CGI chrome banana Naboo fighter.

I'm quoting this post because I can't find a dislike button, which I desperately want to spam.

Edited by Tipperary

So much dislike when someone posts a valid question. Of course it's been posted before, so have the following:

New Star Wars trailer

When will we see a new preview article?

Defenders!

TLTs!

GUNBOAT!

Please release cardboard only packs/aces packs

Ect.

And you know what? If it wasn't for those repeated topics this board would be dying a slow death between waves.

So much dislike when someone posts a valid question. Of course it's been posted before, so have the following:

New Star Wars trailer

When will we see a new preview article?

Defenders!

TLTs!

GUNBOAT!

Please release cardboard only packs/aces packs

Ect.

And you know what? If it wasn't for those repeated topics this board would be dying a slow death between waves.

There is a difference between "do you want movie 1-3 ships", which has been done before yes, but there are always new people to contribute to then "WHY IZ DER NO PREQUEL SHIPS IN DIS GAME?!" which has been answered many times (infact a quick google search will provide you an answer faster than waiting for a reply) and also doesn't generate discussion. Edited by Rippy

But it DOES generate attention - attention which could change FFG's mind if they see that there is a demand. I personally say go for it - if people don't want them, then they can just buy GCW and later ships. If they don't want to see other people playing them, well - then they're just petty and not worth playing with, IMO.

I'm quoting this post because I can't find a dislike button, which I desperately want to spam.

You sound like one of the rest of us responding to one of your recent posts. ;)

Personally, I think most of the canon Star Wars ships are pretty **** cool. There EU, as usual, is a mixed bag, but we've been granted great stuff there from FFG was well.

It's rather unlikely at this point that we'll see them from FFG, unfortunately, they've repeatedly made statements about GCW+ only. Take a look at this, though:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/188150-prequels-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

We could still see some of even the ones list there. Havoc is in the Wave 2 Armada releases and N1 is in the Journey to The Force Awakens Comic series apparently.

You know, I still haven't seen the 'official' word from FFG that states the prequel ships are beyond the scope of this game. If there is, then the sequel ships appearing in the same game makes them appear to be hypocritical.

To repeat what I've probably said half a dozen times, in over a dozen posts about this...  Disney didn't spend $4 billion to rehash and revisit someone else's less-than-great movies from a decade ago and longer. FFG has had every opportunity over almost 4 years now to go there, and they haven't. Other than those yellow things, and that big silvery phallic thing, I don't remember any of the ships - other than some kind of droid/wing/cockpit thing. Instead, FFG has scraped out a handful of EU ships, and then dropped into the TFA ships at first opportunity, along with going to SW:Rebels.

All hail the Mouse and get used to it.

Why do people rip on the ARC-170 as a 6-wing monstrosity? It's part of a long line of aerospace craft from the Z-95 and its predecessors through the T-16, T-47, T-65 and now the T-70 line. Not to mention the bombers that were close relatives of the ARC-170. What's the reasons behind the hate? What, the S-foils don't have weapons on them? Neither did the Lambda Shuttle's wings. In fact, I can't think of any reason why the lambda would need wings or a GIGANTIC dorsal fin, other than radiation of waste heat. Those 'wings' are also about as aerodynamic as a TIE. The same is true for all 'winged' SW ships.

Yeah I don't get the hate for he prequel ships, other than maybe they just aren't the same ships that some people grew up with. I do understand why FFG hasn't 'gone there' yet (the broken base that the PT created) but it's hypocritical to say 'only Galactic Civil War ships' and include ships from competely new movies set 30 years after the war and not include even one ship from not even 2 decades before ANH.