Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

AABB Squad - Viable?

Hi all

I seem to have a love of the A wing which is in no way backed up by results. This led me to an AAX (T70) in my last tourney which did not go well, largely due to a lack of firepower and rubbish rolling when unleashing my proton rockets. I've now taken another look at what i've got (TFA Core Set, A and B Expansions and Rebel Aces) and have come up with the below (I've got a friend with a lot of ships and cards I can borrow but I would rather rely on my own as much as possible):

Jake Farrell (24)

Outmanoeuvre (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Ten Numb (31)

Fire Control System (2)

B Wing/E2 (1)

Jan Ors (2)

Keyan Farlander (29)

Push the Limit (3)

Ion Cannon (3)

B-Wing/E2 (1)

Kyle Katarn (3)

Basic idea is Jake is a distraction/pest arc dodging to get out of firing arcs to make use of outmanoeuvre. Ten can use Jan to evade rather than focus, relying on FCS when attacking and generally flaking crits with Keyan using stress as focus for attacks then gaining focus from this to use in defence.

I'm a bit concerned that the B's could be a little fragile. Any ideas/recommendations?

Edited by J Viz

An A-Wing is most effective when you've only got one. Without refit/prockets, autothrusters, push the limit and wired they are not worth their points. At all. Also, consider buying a K next time you expand your collection. K-Poe-A, KAY and KAB can all be made to work.

If you find yourself losing a lot of games you should generally take a back seat and watch some matches. Add Nova Squadron to your facebook and watch streams whenever they are available and you've got time. An even better way to learn is to hang around in Vassal and watch games. Don't forget to ask questions whenever something comes up.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!139:135,-1,-1,-1,63,-1,-1:-1:-1:;175:27,-1,3,-1:-1:15:;31:18,72:7:15:U.150

This is the list you should be aiming for.

I would drop the named being down much cheaper and you'll have room for the t70 and upgrades on jake. Something like this:

B-Wing: Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Fire Control System (2)

B-Wing: Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Fire Control System (2)

T-70 X-Wing: Blue Squadron Novice (24)

· R5-X3 (1)

A-Wing: · Jake Farrell (24)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Veteran Instincts (1)

I have been flying AABB for a couple of weeks with positive results.

2x Dagger - FCS

2x Green - Prockets, AT

HAs done well against most lists, especially 3-4 ship builds. Took down Miranda-Poe twice and the 4 TLT y list twice with ease.

Hard counter is 3 High PS arc dodgers (see the FCB stream of this list vs 3 autoceptors), also struggled in my one match up vs a tie swarm but that might have been a strategic error on my part not the fault of the list.

It is fun to fly, I consider it more of a casual list than a competitive one.