Sign in to follow this  
Rakaydos

Interest check: Knight Level "Clone Wars" forum RP

I was wondering if people would be interested in a forum RP that combined AoR and F&D, set in the Clone Wars.

PCs would be Knights, Appentices, and Elite Troopers (think Obiwan's Cody or Skywalkers's Rex).

To call yourself a jedi knight for this game (not an apprentice), you need a FR of 2, at least 1 Reflect talent, 2 ranks of lightsaber skill, and a Lore of at least 1 rank, along with a laundry list of force powers, with mentor bonus. (Sence unless you're a nimian who get the sence emotions talent, move with upgrades, Influence, and Enhance)

To be a clone trooper, you must be human and buy at least a 3 in Body, agility and willpower, and have at least 2 ranks of range heavy.

Thoughts?

I think it is not possible to build a knight character with all your requirements with only the knight level bonus, unless we follow a very specific way. So I assume jedi characters will be padawan?

I have never done a PbP game before, but I really like Force and Destiny and would be willing to try it out.

EDIT: Since I didn't mention it the first time, I wouldn't mind playing as a clone if needed.

Edited by Houlio

I think it is not possible to build a knight character with all your requirements with only the knight level bonus, unless we follow a very specific way. So I assume jedi characters will be padawan?

Counsular/Nimian Disciple (of any race) can do it, Guardian/Protector (of any race) can do it, and Sentinal/Shadow/Shien Expert (of MOST races) can do it. It takes stripping a lot else out of the character, but that just gives knight level characters room to grow, and playing any reasonable race will leave you with a small amout of personal XP to customize.

I would be interested in playing either a knight or a padawan.

EDIT: After thinking about it padawan could be fun, assuming one of the other players plays a knight I could be "teamed" up with after something befell the master, as a temporary assignment until a new master is found...

EDIT 2: Perhaps a face-ish Consular or a combat oriented Guardian? A Padawan that is...

Edited by Kymrel

I'm really interested in a game like this.

My strong preferrence would be to play a Jedi Knight, but a clone trooper would be a lot of fun too.

Starting off in Seer is a great way to get many of the "requirements" to reach Jedi Knight.

I'd be interested trying out a Jedi character that starts Seer and then cross-specs into Ataru or Shien.

Edited by Jedi Ronin

I was wondering if people would be interested in a forum RP that combined AoR and F&D, set in the Clone Wars.

PCs would be Knights, Appentices, and Elite Troopers (think Obiwan's Cody or Skywalkers's Rex).

To call yourself a jedi knight for this game (not an apprentice), you need a FR of 2, at least 1 Reflect talent, 2 ranks of lightsaber skill, and a Lore of at least 1 rank, along with a laundry list of force powers, with mentor bonus. (Sence unless you're a nimian who get the sence emotions talent, move with upgrades, Influence, and Enhance)

To be a clone trooper, you must be human and buy at least a 3 in Body, agility and willpower, and have at least 2 ranks of range heavy.

Thoughts?

Just curious: Is it intentional that someone who specializes in Makashi (and doesn't have any other Lightsaber trees) cannot be a Jedi Knight? May I recommend dropping the Reflect talent requirement?

Edited by Sharatec

Rakaydos, on 19 Oct 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:

vilainn6, on 19 Oct 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

Counsular/Nimian Disciple (of any race) can do it, Guardian/Protector (of any race) can do it, and Sentinal/Shadow/Shien Expert (of MOST races) can do it. It takes stripping a lot else out of the character, but that just gives knight level characters room to grow, and playing any reasonable race will leave you with a small amout of personal XP to customize.

Let see if you are right

Bothan Sentinal/shadow/ Shien Expert

XP: 250 (+10 XP for morality)

Braw: 2  (20 XP)

Agility: 3 (30 XP)

Intellect: 2

Cunning 3

Willpower: 2

Presence: 2

20 XP to buy Shien Expert specialization

!5 XP to get two rank in lightsaber

10 XP for 1 rank in lore

100 XP to buy the direct path to force rating +1 talent in the shadow tree.

5XP for a reflect talent

5XP for Street smarts

10 XP for the Shien technique in the shien expert.

20XP for each basic for power you ask  for.

10 XP for Move strenght upgrade

5XP for a Move range upgrade

10 XP for the Hurl upgrade

You were right, it was doable, my mistake but it leave a bitter taste as this character dont look like what I want to play  So yeah she will be padawan.

Some interesting concepts so far.

Keep in mind that in the clone wars, the jedi are as much shields for the clones as offensive powerhouses- dont cripple your utility trying to out-combat the AoR based clones.

I probably wont be taking everyone, but it would be nice to see what concepts people want to play before selecting people.

Repeated from PM for other interested players:

I can play what ever you need for the party if others have a preference. I would prefer to play a padawan assigned to another character since I've not played a character with many force powers and would prefer to "ease into it". In fact I mostly GM Star Wars so playing will be a nice change of pace for me, even if it is online!

I had some spare time and threw together two very rough character ideas. One is far more traditional jedi, a Cerean Guardian Soresu Defender/Protector who focuses on lightsaber combat and keeping his friends alive: http://swsheets.com/c/vyuhp1qy8-inarr-modi-dali

The other is a bit more "out there". You might hate the idea or love it. Just let me know, I don't want to play a character the GM is not too fond of. This is a Toydarian Consular Sage/Soresu Defender who is a good knowledge-character and a very decent face for the group if needed: http://swsheets.com/c/syc2il8ng-notou

EDIT: If needed the Toydarian can be changed a bit to be just about Knight-level by dropping the Soresu Defender for the (more traditional) Niman Disciple and stripping off extra points spent on skils. He lacks Enhance (but with hover that should be less important for him) and has only one rank in Lightsaber (but 4 ability dice so he should be quite decent): http://swsheets.com/c/txk3solqz-notou-dumana

Edited by Kymrel

I might be interested, but I have no experience whatsoever in PBP.

How can a Guardian/Protector do it? Specifically, there seems to be no way to get the ranks in lightsaber and still get the force powers. Or do you have to dig into starting xp as well?

If a character was to start as an apprentice, but later meet your requirements for knighthood, would the character become a knight in game?

Looks like a lot of interest.

I'm going to lower the Jedi lightsaber skill requirement to 1 rank (a human can just pick it, and it's only 10 XP cross class, though you still need the reflect rank)

Looking to fill the party with 3 Knights, one Apprentice, and 2 Clones. You'll be supported on most missions by clone trooper squads.

Edited by Rakaydos