Sign in to follow this  
mouthymerc

5 Lost Jedi Who Managed to Survive the Star Wars Prequels

Also, just a random thought, but what about all the "failed younglings" that joined the Medcorps, Agrocorps, etc? We've learned from other EU sources that even those weak in the force can eventually become proficient and strong in the force, given time and inclination. We've never heard how they were affected by Order 66. It's theoretically possible that a number of them survived.

Where do you think the inquisitors came from? The one in Rebels hinted at this fact.

Nice, I didn't know that. I haven't watched Rebels yet, but that's a pretty cool idea.

Also, just a random thought, but what about all the "failed younglings" that joined the Medcorps, Agrocorps, etc? We've learned from other EU sources that even those weak in the force can eventually become proficient and strong in the force, given time and inclination. We've never heard how they were affected by Order 66. It's theoretically possible that a number of them survived.

Where do you think the inquisitors came from? The one in Rebels hinted at this fact.

Nice, I didn't know that. I haven't watched Rebels yet, but that's a pretty cool idea.

it is also why they use cheating lightsabers. they have to make up for their lack of ability. 

My point is that people should (as far as cannon goes) presume someone who got an arm cut off, electrocuted and then thrown off of a building in what was meant to be a moral event horizon for another character is dead unless compelling evidence of them being alive appears.

My question about not accepting Maul's death was just a rhetorical complaint about bringing him back.

No one is building a canon case that Mace survived. We're just saying it's possible for him to have survived. His survival being canon was never on the table at any point in this discussion. Furthermore this isn't really a thread about canon deaths. According to canon all the Jedi were wiped out. We're just discussing how impossible and unlikely that canon fact is actually true in any real sense. 

But as I've stated before Star Wars is not really concerned with remaining consistent. 

Actually multiple people have said "I think Mace survived" or very close to that. Also has word of god actually said that the Jedi were all wiped out? Because barring that cannon seems to be leaning towards "There are survivors but we'll probably never see them" through Obi-Wan's message at the end of RotS and the use of Luminara's corpse in Rebels.

Word of God has contradicted itself so many times in so many ways over the years that I think we are all better off deciding what is true at our own tables and not worrying about it.

Mace Windu he totally survived losing an arm and being thrown out a window. They never found his body....

Hey if they can do it with Darth Maul, you could just about justify any Jedi surviving if you wanted to.

I'm annoyed that Episode VII implied that the (light side of the) force was gone from the galaxy after the death of the emperor. There were only a few Jedi knights who could say "...like my father before me." The Jedi appear to have actively discouraged dynasties, and simply recruited from all the random force sensitives that were (apparently) continually popping up all over the galaxy. (Good for Force Sensitive Emergent :D, at least!) 

Wonder why they stopped popping. Sure - inquisitors and keep-a-low-profile... but still.  Just seems lazy,

Edited by Streak

I recall an interview where someone in the development of Force a Unleashed said, "Lucas had bigger plans for her, hence why he cut her death." For he life of me though, I can't remember the source, so take it with a grain of salt.

Still though, as much as I'm glad she -might/should- still be alive, Disney still hasn't released a hard canon continuity that I'm aware of. Aside from Movies and TV shows at any rate. There's always the possibility we see a scene in December where an aged Starkiller talks to Luke about his fight against her.

The cut scene was also brutally terrible, with Anakin and Kenobi just watching it happen in detached nonchalance.  

Didn't Shaak Ti get killed by General Grievous in a deleted scene from Revenge of the Sith? Does that count as dying, when the scene is cut?

In terms of precedent, deleted scenes have traditionally not been considered canon because they didn't make the final cut. Lucas has traditionally, irrespective of his initial intent, maintained that only what hits the big screen (or little screen for the TV shows) counts. What Disney does? Who knows?

I'm annoyed that Episode VII implied that the (light side of the) force was gone from the galaxy after the death of the emperor. There were only a few Jedi knights who could say "...like my father before me." The Jedi appear to have actively discouraged dynasties, and simply recruited from all the random force sensitives that were (apparently) continually popping up all over the galaxy. (Good for Force Sensitive Emergent :D, at least!) 

Wonder why they stopped popping. Sure - inquisitors and keep-a-low-profile... but still.  Just seems lazy,

They're still there? Lacking a large organization to look for them there are probably thousands of Force sensitives in the galaxy who simply don't have training and don't know that they are using the Force. The lightside didn't go away. Organized training in it did. 

Well... apparently, if you start using it even a little - you don't need training! ^_^

Bear in mind we still know very little about Rey's background prior to her winding up on Jakku.

Or, like many other Skywalkers (if the theory about her being Luke's daughter is true), she simply learns new Force abilities very quickly.  Luke got the hang of blast-deflect training after a single training session, and he'd only learned about the Force earlier that day.  And Rey had been directly exposed to the general effects of mind trickery by Kylo Ren, so it wasn't like she was just running old wives' tales of what a Force use could do.

In the RPG, the only limits on what Force powers a PC can learn and what's needed to learn the power are the ones the GM puts in place.  Under the RAW, a PC can drop 20 XP in between sessions and suddenly have Influence with the Control Upgrade to affect thoughts without ever showing any prior affinity or proclivity for Jedi mind tricks.  Luke probably required the training from Yoda to help focus his abilities in a very short amount of time; Yoda's training regimen was likely very accelerated compared to what most Initiates and Padawans underwent due to knowing that time was of the essence and that a lot of time had been lost already.

I used A'Sharad Hett (Darth Krayt) as character in one of my adventures, a minor character however. He's a one-armed, force sensitive Bounty Hunter at the time around "Rebels" cartoon. That's pretty sweet. I saw him as trying to be a morally lawful bounty hunter and only going after people who are deemed by himself as guilty and not going after jedi. Though he accidentally went after a PC with force sensitivity and after Hett whoop'd his ass and snatched him, then he figured out what was up and helped the PC escape the Empire's forces coming to pick him up. 

Edited by CheapCreep

Mace Windu he totally survived losing an arm and being thrown out a window. They never found his body....

Actually his body was found...

Wait....that's not what happened to Palpatine. This is what happened to Palpatine:

It also proves Jar Jar Binks is a Dark Lord of the Sith.

I think the writers of TFA raise a key idea, if a powerful Jedi turns up the story then revolves around how they will solve the problem (or why they will not). This is why Luke is the TFA McGuffin.

Rebels solves this because the Mentor is older and more experienced then the Student, but he is by no means a fully trained Jedi, his powers and training are incomplete. He learns and grows along with the Student.

This is an important idea to keep in mind when considering the inclusion of a well trained character.

Ashoka in Rebels further highlights this, her appearance in the show sees the whole threat level of the show increase. Vader appears and mops the floor with the protagonists, more Inquisitors appear and so on. In short a powerful ally attracts suitably powerful enemies, enemies less interested in you than your ally.

Keeping that in mind "as the story needs them" is how Jedi should show up. Masters that teach a few tricks only to sacrifice themselves when Vader (or similar) turns up etc.

Windu strikes me as an odd Jedi, if I was going to use him he would be a Fallen Jedi, turned to the Dark Side when defeated by the Emperor when his anger and hatred overwhelm him as he is tossed to his death. Jedi are supposed to accept death as a return to the Force, so their survival from the brink of death seems less likely. Sith and other Dark Side users are the ones who fight the 'Natural Order' and so would use the Dark Side to fight off their death. (Maul's return was far too contrived, but after his return I enjoyed his arc, and I expect to get good ideas from the rest of Season 2 of Rebels with his apparent return as Old Master.)

I still like the Legends. I am going to be using Shaak Ti, Ahsoka Tano, several Starkiller clones (both escaped and fully trained), and even some of the Altesian Jedi from the old EU in an upcoming campaign I have, like Aqinos (creator of the Iron Knights, which consequently COULD let a player play as a Jedi droid...not that that's a good idea).

In the books that followed the story, Luke established an new Jedi Academy and went looking for new candidates and children of dead jedi in case they'd inherited their parents abilities. There were also others, like Corran Horn, that didn't know they were descended from Jedi but had the abilities

Or, you know, it may be something they explain in the films further down the road. I actually like the idea that the Force itself is wounded by the excesses of Vader and Palpatine and sleeps it off once those two are out of the picture.

I have a nagging suspicion that Snoke could also be the reason why the Force just shut down.

And I'm positively thrilled that this movie treats the Force more like a character with its own motives than the prequels did. That is something the original trilogy alluded to as well, in my opinion, but the prequels did away with that in favor of technobabble.

I recall an interview where someone in the development of Force a Unleashed said, "Lucas had bigger plans for her, hence why he cut her death." For he life of me though, I can't remember the source, so take it with a grain of salt.

Still though, as much as I'm glad she -might/should- still be alive, Disney still hasn't released a hard canon continuity that I'm aware of. Aside from Movies and TV shows at any rate. There's always the possibility we see a scene in December where an aged Starkiller talks to Luke about his fight against her.

That would be correct. Lucas really liked the design of the character and had second thoughts about killing her off (although he filmed two version for her death in ROTS). By that time Lucasarts was in development of The Force Unleashed which was originally scheduled to be released in 2007. Lucas suggested using Shaak Ti.

To be fair ..... some Jedi have survived worse .....

And Darth Maul survived being cut in half so, you know... it's possible...

I'm gonna run a quantum universe SWRPG setting where Palpatine accidentally said 'Execute Order 65'.. there is no Palpatine,as he was killed by Windu (and those 3 schmucks who died REALLY quickly in Ep III) and no Darth Vader, as Anakin saw the error of his ways and rejoined the Light Side after the 'Windu Monologue'

It'll be really boring :lol: