Sign in to follow this  
mouthymerc

5 Lost Jedi Who Managed to Survive the Star Wars Prequels

Since Lucas intended to kill her by filming the scene, It is a tricky question. Now did he cut the scene because he find the sewer scene after unnecessary or because the original Clone War cartoon show her still alive on Coruscent after the Chancellor capture? We will never know. 

Didn't Shaak Ti get killed by General Grievous in a deleted scene from Revenge of the Sith? Does that count as dying, when the scene is cut?

I consider what is actually shown as canon (as far as asking what is and isn't official). Knowing the intent and the cut stuff helps to give greater context but ultimately Lucas was fine with her being alive post Order 66 (as evident by them using her in Force Unleashed) and that holds as much weight as his intention to kill her in the movie but deciding to cut the scene. 

I recall an interview where someone in the development of Force a Unleashed said, "Lucas had bigger plans for her, hence why he cut her death." For he life of me though, I can't remember the source, so take it with a grain of salt.

Still though, as much as I'm glad she -might/should- still be alive, Disney still hasn't released a hard canon continuity that I'm aware of. Aside from Movies and TV shows at any rate. There's always the possibility we see a scene in December where an aged Starkiller talks to Luke about his fight against her.

Edited by General Zod

Shaak Ti was one of my favorites and I was really disappointed she got a handful of episodes during TCW. In any game that I would run using F&D I would consider her fair game as being someone the PC's can come across. 

Quinlan Voss was one of my players masters who saved them from the temple attack. I also have Mace Windy survive his fall after losing his arm to be their master as well in hiding

Mace Windy was from Chicago, right?

Ok, ok, you can kill me... :P

Mace Windu he totally survived losing an arm and being thrown out a window. They never found his body....

At the time I saw it, I always thought Mace completely survived the Windu out the Window incident. One of my favorite clone wars scene was from the first season when Mace has the bridge into the capital city of Ryloth removed from beneath him. It was excellently filmed, with the sound muting and giving a real sense of his state of mind as he force leaps between falling transports and speeder bikes till he finally made it to the edge of the bridge. I've always kind of felt that scene was a love note to those of us that thought he survived the act of defenestration.

Now, not to be a party pooper, but it seems to me the assumption that "if they didnt die on-screen or we saw their body, they're not dead" is incorrect. Why? Very few Jedi are seen to be dead on screen, and yet the broader implication of the rest of the series of all Star Wars products is that nearly every single one of them was wiped out, for realsies. Samuel L. Jackson died the way he did because "he didnt want to go out like a punk" (quote from behind the scenes material) so he's officially deader than dead. Shaak Ti is dead, Lucas cut her for pacing and time reasons.

As of Episode IV, two Jedi are officially alive, Obi-Wan and Yoda. We've yet to see whether Ashoka, Kanan Jarrus or Ezra Bridger (From Star Wars Rebels, the only other current source of Canon jedi) survive until the events of New Hope, but my strong feeling is that they dont, at least not in any active capacity. 

Does this mean that no Jedi could have survived? No, probably not. A Handful of powerful jedi might have survived for a little while, but by New Hope, they are all dead. I also feel, personally, that that the theme of the Imperial Era and Force and Destiny in its core setting is one of personal discovery amidst lack of tradition and hard won discovery. Have the NPCs know a corpse member (the "washed out " jedi aspirants who went on to "menial" duties), a scholar or someone that was a padawan and never learnt the greater implications of anything. That way you avoid having a powerful NPC casting its long shadow across the campaign. 

To each their own, and your gaming world is yours to do with as you please :)

Edited by AshesFall

Now, not to be a party pooper,...

I can dig that, my view on Mace Windu is my personal head canon that would continue into any game I ran. Even with that I am definitely not saying he would end up a NPC mentor, after all he hasn't made any waves in the last umpteen years.

On a personal note, I have been trying really hard to stay away from any Force Awakening spoilers, although I recently ran across some and I am mildly concerned by the Rebel vs Imperial retread feel. Obviously no decision until I have seen it, but I completely reserve the right to ignore the new trilogy in my personal head canon and games (much as i do Highlander 2).

I've heard rumors that Mace Windu is going to appear in the second season of Rebels. Whether it's a flashback, a recording, or he is just awesome enough to have survived is yet to be seen.

I've heard rumors that Mace Windu is going to appear in the second season of Rebels. Whether it's a flashback, a recording, or he is just awesome enough to have survived is yet to be seen.

I'll take any of those - just you saying there has been a rumor brings a bit of giddiness to my soul.

Now, not to be a party pooper, but it seems to me the assumption that "if they didnt die on-screen or we saw their body, they're not dead" is incorrect. Why? Very few Jedi are seen to be dead on screen, and yet the broader implication of the rest of the series of all Star Wars products is that nearly every single one of them was wiped out, for realsies. Samuel L. Jackson died the way he did because "he didnt want to go out like a punk" (quote from behind the scenes material) so he's officially deader than dead. Shaak Ti is dead, Lucas cut her for pacing and time reasons.

As of Episode IV, two Jedi are officially alive, Obi-Wan and Yoda. We've yet to see whether Ashoka, Kanan Jarrus or Ezra Bridger (From Star Wars Rebels, the only other current source of Canon jedi) survive until the events of New Hope, but my strong feeling is that they dont, at least not in any active capacity. 

Does this mean that no Jedi could have survived? No, probably not. A Handful of powerful jedi might have survived for a little while, but by New Hope, they are all dead. I also feel, personally, that that the theme of the Imperial Era and Force and Destiny in its core setting is one of personal discovery amidst lack of tradition and hard won discovery. Have the NPCs know a corpse member (the "washed out " jedi aspirants who went on to "menial" duties), a scholar or someone that was a padawan and never learnt the greater implications of anything. That way you avoid having a powerful NPC casting its long shadow across the campaign. 

The thing of it is ..... all the Jedi were wiped out ....... until the story required there to be more. The death of the Jedi is kinda over stated as Lucas has never really held strongly to just how dead they were. But there are always more Jedi just cropping up all the time before Ep IV. Mostly depends on the writers but the fact that Rebels features a lot of Force Users indicates the purge was not as effective as the claims are. 

In the long run they are only as dead as the story needs them to be. And when it doesn't need them to be there are survivors all over the place. Kinda like how the Rebels are both scrappy group barely getting by and yet has a massive fleet to which they can fight the Empire with. Star Wars is really bad at story consistency. 

Star Wars is really bad at story consistency. 

Wait a minute...

Are your trying to tell me that all of these years...

Horror!!

Nooo!!!

Star Wars is just a giant SOAP OPERA!!!

Edited by ckobbe

Didn't they show Shaak Ti's corpse in Rebels being used as bait to trap rebels and fugitive Jedi?

Not Shaak Ti but Luminara. Also, if you read the book for Revenge of the Sith, I beleive they really tried to sell Mace Windu's death. I remember because I had to put the book down it was so moving. Edited by WFPII

I suppose it's a good thing that Disney reduced the numbers of surviving Jedi, the numbers got really high over the years in the EU.

Five Jedi who survived Order 66, according to Disney:

5. Anakin Skywalker (not if you ask old Ben though)

4. Kanan Jarrus

3. Ahsoka Tano

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

1. Yoda