Sign in to follow this  
gambit1977

Cp-3O

The original? Lots. Who'd pay through the nose for it if you don't need to. Don't get me wrong-I like to have a COMPLETE set of x-wing stuff so I already have the tantive 3PO but I bought it for the ship not the card. (Never actually used the card-I don't like following the crowd with "meta-lists"...)

I'm still waiting for them to make a card for Creepio.

So something like:

Creepio:

During the combat phase if you scream THE SINGULARITY ENGINE, destroy every ship who does not have a droid pilot or crew member. Then discard this card.

For anyone not in on the joke:

I'm still waiting for them to make a card for Creepio.

Creepio

At the beginning of each round, you may discard a non-Droid crew card attached to one of your ships and then attach either an Astromech card or a Droid crew card that costs the same or less from outside the game to that ship. If you attach an Astromech card, treat it as a crew card.

Crew  3 points

Edited by WingedSpider

With the up coming reprint of this card how much cheaper will it drop on eBay?

It all depends on how much the ALT 3P0 starts demanding on eBay... See, the main buyers of ALT 3P0 will be people that have already bought multiple Corvettes (I have two).

If ALT 3P0 is actually commanding MORE than BASE 3P0--3P0 price becomes unaffected by the rerelease.

I think a better question is how much MORE with the R2-D2 crew card go for?

He's WAY more ridiculous than 3PO

Not really. On a one agility ship he has the exact same effect (negate one hit per round), only really situational and potentialy with a huge downside. He has the upside of working when not being shot at, but his regen isn't all that powerfull (unlike his Astromech version on Horn/Poe), since you are capped at one shield.

Not really. On a one agility ship he has the exact same effect (negate one hit per round), only really situational and potentialy with a huge downside. He has the upside of working when not being shot at, but his regen isn't all that powerfull (unlike his Astromech version on Horn/Poe), since you are capped at one shield.

Uhhh..... 3PO gets a lot of board hate, but R2 is a monster too. In my opinion, he's more frustrating to fly against for sure.

He's the greatest shield upgrade in the game.  3PO's drawback is sometimes you would have dodged anyway.  R2-D2 ALWAYS helps when you trigger his condition (and let's face it - if you never use it you probably won), only a 3/8 each time to do anything negative (assuming you always have a card to flip...), and many of the crits in either deck are irrelevant provided you get the shield back. So many games R2-D2 basically has no drawback.

Was included in the 2014 Worlds list AND the 2015 US Nationals list.

R2 is also usable on ships other than the Falcon and B-Wing, because he has no real stat requirement other than "have 4+ Hull".

Chewbacca Crew is generally consider a serious value and R2 has a higher ceiling with a very minor *potential* drawback.

Just wait.  3P0 had his day. My money is that if either of the two is complained about it is R2.

He also has a more favorable effect using the new 1/2 points rules since he can keep you above and possibly push you past the 1/2 threshold.

Uhhh..... 3PO gets a lot of board hate, but R2 is a monster too. In my opinion, he's more frustrating to fly against for sure.

He's the greatest shield upgrade in the game.  3PO's drawback is sometimes you would have dodged anyway.  R2-D2 ALWAYS helps when you trigger his condition (and let's face it - if you never use it you probably won), only a 3/8 each time to do anything negative (assuming you always have a card to flip...), and many of the crits in either deck are irrelevant provided you get the shield back. So many games R2-D2 basically has no drawback.

R2 is also usable on ships other than the Falcon and B-Wing, because he has no real stat requirement other than "have 4+ Hull".

Chewbacca Crew is generally consider a serious value and R2 has a higher ceiling with a very minor *potential* drawback.

Just wait.  3P0 had his day. My money is that if either of the two is complained about it is R2.

He also has a more favorable effect using the new 1/2 points rules since he can keep you above and possibly push you past the 1/2 threshold.

Don't forget, in the first list he was paired with 3PO, in the other he was on a ship that doesn't lend itself well to 3PO, since it has two agility.

Don't forget, in the first list he was paired with 3PO, in the other he was on a ship that doesn't lend itself well to 3PO, since it has two agility.

I didn't forget.  That's the point. What you just did was agree with me.

I didn't say C-3PO sucked  I said R2-D2 is just as good and in my opinion better and is still only attainable in the CR-90.  And since fewer people will now be buying the CR-90 and reselling their 3PO AND R2-D2 cards since 3PO will be available as a promo, R2s price will likely skyrocket since he is the best card you cannot get anywhere else. And as I stated, I think he is more usable and overall more powerful than 3PO.

In short, FFG can make this promo since the best card in the xpack is still only available there.

I didn't forget.  That's the point. What you just did was agree with me.

I didn't say C-3PO sucked  I said R2-D2 is just as good and in my opinion better and is still only attainable in the CR-90.  And since fewer people will now be buying the CR-90 and reselling their 3PO AND R2-D2 cards since 3PO will be available as a promo, R2s price will likely skyrocket since he is the best card you cannot get anywhere else. And as I stated, I think he is more usable and overall more powerful than 3PO.

In short, FFG can make this promo since the best card in the xpack is still only available there.

More usable yes, but especially with the new damage deck not better in my opinion. 3PO works without any requirements and drawbacks. He is superior on one agility ships by a lot.

SNIP

More usable yes, but especially with the new damage deck not better in my opinion. 3PO works without any requirements and drawbacks. He is superior on one agility ships by a lot.

I get that you don't agree with my opinion.  That was very clear the first time you said it. Agree to disagree. 

That doesn't change that in regards to the original topic R2-D2's resale value will likely go up dramatically given he is now the only reason to buy the pack if you don't plan on playing Epic unless you have absolutely no way to get the new promo.