Sign in to follow this  
ScottieATF

New FAQ (XI-7 Ruling reversed)

I assume this nerf also affects the MC30's title that was a lesser AP. Ouch, now I'm back to deciding weather or not Xi7's are an auto include over any other turbolaser.

It does. . . the MC30 is now in a very precarious position. . . while strong it cant afford to stay in any dominant arc. . . which is ok if facing Imperials which only have the front arc (with the use of XI7's) but not so well against Rebels. . . 

I don't know about that

the secondary function of Foresight, the mini-AP in closer ranges, got ****** by the new ruling  but the primary function (double evades!) is still alive and kicking

not going to help much if taking a Star Destroyer up where the sun doesn't shine, but at long range a Scout shrimp is going to be a wild pain to hit. If Akbar's supporting it, it's going to be a wild pain in general at that range :P

imo, more than anything, this is a massive buff to ISDs and perhaps even VSDs who can now inflict catastrophic damage to smaller ships with a single shot; esp if they can get through a brace (or if the targets don't have a brace to get through!)

8 points for a title that only works at 2 out of 3 ranges and a possibly gimped secondary ability. . . 8 points. . . 

2 out of 3 ranges that you want to be at in regards to the shrimp

close range? ouch for both parties

I still think Foresight will be a thing, but I only ever plan to run scouts that can affect the battle at both long and close range

Edited by ficklegreendice

The main rule book already said that only the shield dials are ignored when measuring range. It says nothing about ignoring the lines of plastic alongthe sides of the base. Where did the cardboard to cardboard idea come from?

It says that when you measure range it is from Hull Zone to Hull Zone.  The Hull Zone is cardboard only. 

Of course, in the measuring range section it says to ignore the plastic around the shield dial, which implies that you shouldn't ignore the rest?

Not sure that it implies such a thing. It pretty clearly states cardboard only. This is much more vague.

Y'know, the most literal interpretation means there is no shooting at all.  You can't draw LOS through the Plastic.  At all.  Even the Plastic of the Defender itself.

Which, we know, is a stupid interpretation.

This is good. Epic good.

I appreciate the Support :D

However, I must digress...  Epic is not the best word to use...  Why?  Well, perhaps we should divert to The Homeric Guide to Properly using the word "Epic".

http://www.rockpapercynic.com/index.php?date=2012-09-07

Enjoy :D

Pretty much makes AP useless as an upgrade.

I'd say "a gamble" is hardly the same as "useless".

plus you can still redirect to the opposite side of the ship, which is the main point of AP anyway

This. Honestly, if you're splashing 8 damage across your ship: you're already in trouble :D

Yeah fair enough but with AP it makes that 8 damage spreadable and survivable which allows you to get out of dodge and live to fight another day.

I do get that it's more of a gamble than useless So that's fair enough but I think you will see a lot of Xi7s now loaded onto Star Destroyers.

Sorry to be the merchant of doom but just I loved using the APs as it suited my play style so well.

But hey its just a game. As long as we are having fun that's all good.

Edited by SmurfWedge

Still at the anger stage here :( or more like really annoyed !! Irrational, really it's only a game but WTF?

Rebels are hard enough to play as it is anyway. Things just got much harder.

That's why I was annoyed too mate.

Rebels are harder to fly well I find so the APs helped make them more survivable.

Oh well

meh

with Akbar around,you can make very easy to fly Rebel lists

personally never bothered with Projectors; either GSDs got in range and I dun goofed or they got mauled to death by B-wings (usually the latter)

the loss of them to X-17s is more than worth it, considering Rebels are getting Home One and gunnery team ships under Akbar

which also means you're more likely to run ECM, anyway

Edited by ficklegreendice

The thing is, I wasn't hearing the Imperial players going, wah wah wah, the Rebs are so powerful now, they're sooo broken!!

Yep, preconceptions shattered ;) I don't think the MC80 is too affected, but the AFII and probably MC30 is another matter?

I'll never understand the freaking out about one card change (unless it was a fleet wide thing like an admiral).

Truth be told, I never ran into someone running XI7's, but a lot of people running AP. Now the issue is was it because people had better options/things to spend the points on, or was it because AP rendered it weaker?

I guess the proof will be as we see more tournaments in the future if it's use increases or not.

I don't get why people are freaking out because it's not like cards like h9 all ready exsist and could guarantee that you didn't move any of your shields anyway...

People are intrinsically put off by the idea of H9s, as it costs damage to do so.

Unless Warlord is Involved, because it adds damage back.

I don't get why people are freaking out because it's not like cards like h9 all ready exsist and could guarantee that you didn't move any of your shields anyway...

People are intrinsically put off by the idea of H9s, as it costs damage to do so.

Unless Warlord is Involved, because it adds damage back.

well h9s are EASILY the best turbolaser from wave 1 in virtual any situation except against ECM and I think poeple should run them more