Sign in to follow this  
Mordjinn

A four part scenario in need of some details

The Adventure starts with the heroes ending up imprisoned by an Imperial officer Otto on planet Lok. He is a bit of a loose cannon and instead of sending pc's to the mines be decides to use them to get back his R4 Droid from the sulfur lake pirates that has some delicate personal data of Otto's personal, not so military, actions.

The twist is that although the R4 is at the hands of the sulfur Lake pirates they sold the memory core to a mercenary named Vana Sage who plans to blackmail Otto with the info.

What Vana Sage wants in trade for the core is the pc's to catch aa pirate called Nym.

Now I'd need help fleshing this all out.

First part is being interrogated by Otto. Any advice on that?

Second part is to find out where the Sulfur Lake pirates are hiding and sneaking in /attacking them to get the R4. What tasks could be set to make this search and action interesting?

Third part is to figure out where the core is, find Vana Sage and trying to get the core from her. There is a bounty hunter, smuggler and Droid in the team and it would be cool to give each a chance to shine.

Fourth part is to find and arrest Nym alive (or convince him to attack the Imperials somehow).

Since Otto holds pc's ship as a hostage everything happens on Lok (unless you come up with another way to get off planet).

I could really use some ideas, advice and tips as it has been a year since we played last time and I'm feeling very rusty.

(BTW what is morality? Something cool from the new book?)

Maybe Otto knows about the criminal (?) past of the characters. he could arrange a false smuggling deal or something like that and catch them. He could be very blunt, just like he doesn't care about to send them to Kessel. But he would be "reasonable" if the PCs do him a favor. Maybe he confronts them with their obligation and makes it even worse for them. Personally i don't like interrogation scenes that much, because many players like to have stonecold PCs which they don't want to be scared.

Finding the Pirates is the tricky part. I don't know what the PCs are capable of. Let them search cantinas and ask about the pirates. Give them astrogation coordinates where the pirates attacked spaceships. What's the range the ships of the Pirates are capable to fly without refueling? Maybe hire on a Luxus Liner which is supposed to be attacked by the Pirates and bug them with a transponder?

Hi mate. Thanks for the suggestions. I actually already have the "captured by Otto" part down and the PC's are flying a stolen ship (Krayt Fang from the beginner box adventure) so getting them to do what Otto wants shouldn't be too hard.

I really like the luxury liner bait and transponder plant idea. Now I just need to be able to feed it to my players in a way that they come up with it.

Nice ideas, keep them coming.

Is there some good "bounty hunting rules" in the bounty hunter source book? Those might come handy when trying to find Vana Sage and Nym.

Alright, here's a few things kicking around in my head.

The easy link to Vana is a bounty on her placed by the Sulfur Lake pirates. Wanted alive. Description only, no details as to why the Pirates want her. Once the group catches her she offers to trade the core for her long lost love, Nym.

The PCs then embark on a journey to convince the rougishly handsome space nomad Nym to settle down with his long lost true love.

Hilarity ensues.

Edited by Lagspike

The twist is that although the R4 is at the hands of the sulfur Lake pirates they sold the memory core to a mercenary named Vana Sage who plans to blackmail Otto with the info.

What Vana Sage wants in trade for the core is the pc's to catch aa pirate called Nym.

A tight spot I find is;

Vana Sage plans to blackmail Otto with the core info - Vana Sage willing to trade core for a pirate called Nym.

I think a twist would be;

The Pirate Nym = Imperial Officer Otto and the R4 unit has that information