Sign in to follow this  
Chaosad20

Hunter Protocol + Explosive Armaments Query

If I was to use the upgrade EXPLOSIVE ARMAMENTS with IG-88, could I use the command card HUNTER PROTOCOL to trigger the double surge +1 dmg/Blast 2 effect TWICE in one attack? In this situation I roll TWO yellow dice during my attack and end up with 4 surge symbols on my roll ( rare but possible).

EXPLOSIVE ARMAMENTS-

Each figure in this group gains: ~~(2 surge symbols)- +1dmg/ Blast 2dmg

HUNTER PROTOCOL-

Use while attacking. You may trigger the same ~(1 surge symbol) ability up to twice.

I guess overall I am unsure of the differences, if any, of a single/double surge symbol in regards to the wording of the card.

Any thoughts and/or answers to this?

I would say yes, as the RRG does not delineate between ~ and ~~ abilities. The rule states "each ~ ability can be triggered only once per attack," so either you could ALWAYS trigger the ~~ ability twice or it is considered in the same fashion as a ~ ability.

In one of the topic in this forum (Combo clarification: To the limit + Pummel), Fizz clarified that a special action with only one arrow and one that cost two actions (like Pummel) are both considered to be special actions (there is nothing like a double action, its only an extra cost). So I would assume this is the same here, explosive armaments is a surge ability and can be duplicated by hunter protocol, even if it has an extra cost.