Sign in to follow this  
Zero8855

Preparing for an Epic Battle

I'm just curious as to how other people approach making their squads for an epic game. Do you just take 3 regular 100 pt builds and fly them together, take one or two 100 pt squads and give them better pilots and upgrades, or something else? 

Well what faction are you playing and are you taking a huge ship. Also is this team or dogfight?

If taking the CR-90 or the Raider then be sure to take Han Solo or Vader <crew> as you will need them because attack dice on huge ship suck (no focus tokens). 

If playing Scum then go for 4 IG-2000 and play all 4 IG-88s with title.

Or just throw as many ships as you can for 300 points keeping in mind the restrictions for same models 8 model team 12 model dogfight or half that number for large ship.

Well what faction are you playing and are you taking a huge ship. Also is this team or dogfight?

If taking the CR-90 or the Raider then be sure to take Han Solo or Vader <crew> as you will need them because attack dice on huge ship suck (no focus tokens). 

Or just throw as many ships as you can for 300 points keeping in mind the restrictions for same models 8 model team 12 model dogfight or half that number for large ship.

I plan on playing the Rebels, not taking a huge ship, and it's a dogfight.

Although the idea of 4 IG-2000s with titles is interesting. I only have 2, but maybe I should get two more and try them out someday.

I think about the things I want to accomplish.   If my strategy is based around a strong alpha strike, I create two waves.  If my plan is centered around endurance, I build a synergistic squad that is durable.

One think I like to do regardless is to keep groups in the same PS.  It is much easier to fly that way in large lists.

I plan on playing the Rebels, not taking a huge ship, and it's a dogfight.

Although the idea of 4 IG-2000s with titles is interesting. I only have 2, but maybe I should get two more and try them out someday.

4 Iggies is absolute MAYHEM in Epic

last epic GNK i played in someone took 10x blue squadron B-Wings with HLC's... :o  that's A LOT of dice (and shields)...

i didn't play against it (luckily) but i think it won the tourney...

Me? I agree with stone37 - i like to have an overall plan for my list as a whole (and therefore an idea of how i want to try to accomplish it), I'm a fan of synergy and theme running through a list no matter what format i play...

I'm preparing for a team epic game this weekend, which is just a little different, list building wise (I think). Part of our team is centered around a strong ordnance based alpha strike. This part can (hopefully) double as anti-capital ship, or a good series of hits against large ships. The second part is fighter cover for the bomber group. Hopefully they can keep them safe enough to get their ordinance off.