Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Defender lovers unite

Love the ship in the lore, hate it in this game.

mzX4qCO.jpg and QhUXBde.jpg

still needs to happen.

Yeah, the T/D doesn't feel as it should in this game.

Is it overcosted?probably, FFG put too much on a white K. If it had some of the newer maneuvers maybe...

Should the T/D have a tech slot? Probably. Was the most high tech fighter of the GCW era.

While it has good stats and lots of snazz, it doesn't tank or DPS at it's points weight.

I'd like to see a true T/D fix, and I think it should look a LOT like the X-1 title. I agree it needs both boost and evade. or either one of those and more firepower/regen.

It needs love.

A tech slot would be a different sort of fix than they've done before, and emphasize the in-universe advanced-ness of it.  I'm not sure if the tech slots we've been shown would really help it that much right now, though.

It could be something new released in a hypothetical imperial aces box.

Would be a title/system/tech update combo I'd suppose.

But then at least 3 fix cards like in the Rebel Aces box.

I already got 5 Defenders. While I like the idea of owning 10 Defenders, because why not, I'm not so keen in buying 5 Aces packs.

I'd prefer that Tech stay an Ep 7+ thing.

Yeah, the Defender is high tech compared to other TIEs, but it's still 30 years old by TFA.

Unless they're going to release pilot cards for First Order TIE Defenders(like Most Wanted did for the Firespray), I don't think it should get a Tech slot.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I think I'll try this out today Colonel Vessery (35)

Crack Shot (1)

Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)

Accuracy Corrector (0)

TIE/x1 (0)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)

Accuracy Corrector (0)

TIE/x1 (0)

Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I'd take Night Beast instead of the Epsilon

Edited by TheRealStarkiller

It could be something new released in a hypothetical imperial aces box.

Would be a title/system/tech update combo I'd suppose.

But then at least 3 fix cards like in the Rebel Aces box.

I already got 5 Defenders. While I like the idea of owning 10 Defenders, because why not, I'm not so keen in buying 5 Aces packs.

I own six for epic games, haven't convinced myself to buy a full squadron yet.

Do have a big ass lego defender though :)

I think I'll try this out today Colonel Vessery (35)Crack Shot (1)Heavy Laser Cannon (7)Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)Accuracy Corrector (0)TIE/x1 (0)Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)Accuracy Corrector (0)TIE/x1 (0)Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)Total: 100View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I'd take Night Beast instead of the Epsilon

Night Beast is good yeah, I was choosing the Epsilon based on more target locks and a blocker. Probably depends on if the advanceds need more help locking or not.

System slot and upgrade then, although that's very TIE Advanced...

Bleh, it'll be whatever FFG does. I just hope they do the ship justice.

At the risk of derailing this thread, the Defender with a system slot (free a la the x1 title or not) would be a monster.  Rexler Brath becomes every bulky ship's worst nightmare with FCS.  Hell, since he doesn't need Predator any more, give him VI and he's an Arc Dodger's nightmare as well.  Or maybe you give him Advanced Sensors.  Barrel Roll + White K-turn makes for a very, very difficult to block K-turn.  It also makes a PTL/Mk2 build much, much better.  Sensor Jammer?  Either ace can pull off the Sensor Jammer, Lone Wolf, Stealth Device combo on top of AGI 4.  That is a very, very tough ship to kill.  Sure, they can spend a Focus to negate it, but there's 4 red dice headed back at them thanks to an HLC.  I honestly don't know which one I'd chose.  All three of those are very quality builds.  

Man, now that you got me thinking about it, I really want a First Order TIE Defender.

You can just redo the whole ship from the ground up.  Fix it's dial, fix it's cost, give it new options...

Same model though, just put one in the box with a FO repaint...

In fact, that could just be the next Aces pack in general.  FO upgrades to old ships.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Yeah FO Defender was an awesome idea.

But to address Biophysical:

The Defender should be a monster. /drops mic.

Seriously, that's my argument I really think it's all that needs to be said. If any ship deserves to be a god starfighter of death, it's the Defender.

System slot and upgrade then, although that's very TIE Advanced...

Bleh, it'll be whatever FFG does. I just hope they do the ship justice.

At the risk of derailing this thread, the Defender with a system slot (free a la the x1 title or not) would be a monster.  Rexler Brath becomes every bulky ship's worst nightmare with FCS.  Hell, since he doesn't need Predator any more, give him VI and he's an Arc Dodger's nightmare as well.  Or maybe you give him Advanced Sensors.  Barrel Roll + White K-turn makes for a very, very difficult to block K-turn.  It also makes a PTL/Mk2 build much, much better.  Sensor Jammer?  Either ace can pull off the Sensor Jammer, Lone Wolf, Stealth Device combo on top of AGI 4.  That is a very, very tough ship to kill.  Sure, they can spend a Focus to negate it, but there's 4 red dice headed back at them thanks to an HLC.  I honestly don't know which one I'd chose.  All three of those are very quality builds.

Ffg make this happen.

Yeah FO Defender was an awesome idea.

But to address Biophysical:

The Defender should be a monster. /drops mic.

Seriously, that's my argument I really think it's all that needs to be said. If any ship deserves to be a god starfighter of death, it's the Defender.

To be fair, the Missile Boat could also...

Col. Vessery w/ VI

Maarek Stele w/ VI +ATC + Mk II Ion Engines

2 x Epsilon Squadron w/ Weapons Guidance

I really like the foundation of this list! I'm going to have to fiddle around with my squad builder at lunch. Colzet and a pair of Zetas? Hmmm...

Let me know what you come up with. If I had 4 Epsilon, I'd just do that. I don't, though.

I thought of Colzet, but then looked at Maarek and realize I haven't used him in forever.

I like Weapons Guidance on lower PS pilots because they can use Focus each turn and use it for defense. If they get to keep it by the time they get to fire, they can become more reliable with WG.

A little lunch theory winging brought me to this:

TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

TIE Advanced: · Lieutenant Colzet (23)

TIE/x1 (0)

Fire Control System (0)

TIE/fo Fighter: Zeta Squadron Pilot (16)

Vessery gets his HLC, which he wants so bad, and both the Defender and Advanced get TIE mods. Bumping the FOs up to Zetas allow them to move with Colzet and shoot before the typical TLT carriers.

You could bump the FOs down to PS1 and take away Colzet's mod if you wanted Weapons Guidance.

Edited by Mello13

Col. Vessery w/ VI

Maarek Stele w/ VI +ATC + Mk II Ion Engines

2 x Epsilon Squadron w/ Weapons Guidance

I really like the foundation of this list! I'm going to have to fiddle around with my squad builder at lunch. Colzet and a pair of Zetas? Hmmm...

Let me know what you come up with. If I had 4 Epsilon, I'd just do that. I don't, though.

I thought of Colzet, but then looked at Maarek and realize I haven't used him in forever.

I like Weapons Guidance on lower PS pilots because they can use Focus each turn and use it for defense. If they get to keep it by the time they get to fire, they can become more reliable with WG.

A little lunch theory winging brought me to this:

TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

TIE Advanced: · Lieutenant Colzet (23)

TIE/x1 (0)

Fire Control System (0)

Vessery gets his HLC, which he wants so bad, and both the Defender and Advanced get TIE mods. Bumping the FOs up to Zetas allow them to move with Colzet and shoot before the typical TLT carriers.

You could bump the FOs down to PS1 and take away Colzet's mod if you wanted Weapons Guidance.

Bump the Fo's to PS1 drop the mk2 on  Colzet Give him Acc Correctors, and an ADv Homing Missile. that way yuou can trigger his ability early game.

how about a 3 firepower 3 shields 3 hull for only 26 points. Downside 2 agility but since autothrusters is included T-70 autothrusters is so much better than a TIE defender. Oh right I know the white K-turn, well how about the T-roll instead?