Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Defender lovers unite

Thinking of trying a defender/phantom list, you know, EU ships unite.

Though the three advanced/ Vessery list seems interesting...

Played that last night and must say that Barth is amazing 

Defender/phantom that is

Edited by Iksentrik

Whoever posted the following list:

3x Tempest Sqdn w/TIEx1 & Accuracy Correctors (21 each)

Col. Vessery w Twin Ion Mk II & Veteran Instincts (37)

THANK YOU!

I got my first win in four weeks (6 games) using that list~!

That ones mine and your welcome use it to bring ruin to the empires enemies.

Played this last night...

Commander Alozen

TIE/x1

Adv targeting comp

Predator

Proton Rockets

Delta Defender  x2

Ion Cannon

TIE mk II

Won vs Lando/Jan, Biggs/R2-F2, Y-wing w/autoblaster. Highlight was Alozen 1-shotting Biggs with the TL-fuelled Proton rocket, but it was the Deltas that kept pounding away thru all that hull!

I know that people like to feel like special snowflakes and all, but a list archetype of this nature is not too hard to think up.  I'm pretty sure more than one person figured out running Vessery + x-1 generic Advanceds is a good idea (same can be said for 3 tempests + Fel/Vader/whatever ace fits in 37 or less pts)

Its a pretty effective archetype.  Won Canadian nationals and I expect to see variations of it do well at Worlds...

I know that people like to feel like special snowflakes and all, but a list archetype of this nature is not too hard to think up.  I'm pretty sure more than one person figured out running Vessery + x-1 generic Advanceds is a good idea (same can be said for 3 tempests + Fel/Vader/whatever ace fits in 37 or less pts)

Its a pretty effective archetype.  Won Canadian nationals and I expect to see variations of it do well at Worlds...

Sure except it's on these forums in black and white under my name in several threads, I can even tell you where it first appeared look for "your new fo shoots marshmallow's" people said they wanted to pair the fo with vessery I said take three advanced with AC instead.

Im not claiming anyone else's ideas this one is mine.

Now maybe someone else did come up with this elsewhere but I only talk x-wing on these forums so as far as the official forums are concerned this is my baby.

Yeah,l I read it here first, so I was saying thank you.

Nothing simpler than that!

But since the thread continues:

I went up against a 3-A-Wing list.  Tycho w a bunch of stuff, Jake Farrell with a bunch of stuff and Gemmer Sojan without much stuff.

He had 3-proton rockets, and 1 of them stripped all 3 shields off of Vessery.

Key point to my winning is that both of us brought nothing but debris fields.  We both apparently wanted to prevent extra evade dice.  I wanted to Eff up ships that could use push the limit. 

Alpha strike took out Tycho (Vessery got 3x natural hits without a TL, which consumed Tycho's two tokens for focus/evade).  Tempests finished the job.  That was the moment I knew this list was the shizznizzle.

Alpha +1 I spread a bugged out at speed 5, He follwed Vessery, who K-Turned and with the Tempests, cornered the A-wings and took out Jake, at which point we called it a game, but Gemmer took out Vessery.

Key point to my winning is that both of us brought nothing but debris fields.  We both apparently wanted to prevent extra evade dice. 

What do debris fields have to do with extra evade dice?

They add an evade die if you shoot through one at someone.

There is no feeling quite like when Brath lands four hits to hull with an HLC and you look your opponent in the eye, pick up that focus token, and say "flip 'em".  ESPECIALLY when it's on Chewie.

Rexler vs Chewie during Regionals:

Chewie drops Damaged Cockpit on Rex, which basically means I have to kill Chewie one turn earlier to win the game. The next round of firing, Rex pushes 2 damage cards through with Predator. Spend Focus. Injured Pilot and Damaged Sensor Array turn up. Brutal. Rex narrowly finishes off the crippled Chewie.

There is no feeling quite like when Brath lands four hits to hull with an HLC and you look your opponent in the eye, pick up that focus token, and say "flip 'em".  ESPECIALLY when it's on Chewie.

Rexler vs Chewie during Regionals:

Chewie drops Damaged Cockpit on Rex, which basically means I have to kill Chewie one turn earlier to win the game. The next round of firing, Rex pushes 2 damage cards through with Predator. Spend Focus. Injured Pilot and Damaged Sensor Array turn up. Brutal. Rex narrowly finishes off the crippled Chewie.

heheheheHEHEHEHEHEHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife actually has a favourite list that's two naked Deltas and Whisper with ACD, VI, and Rebel Captive. 100 points of brutal. Those Deltas can block and tackle like nothing else. She mostly ran it when Wave IV had just come out, but even with the change to the Phantom rules I think it's still pretty solid.

Not having a System on Whisper is probably the only down side right now, since even with two Focus tokens one or two TLTs stand a decent chance at dealing a damage a turn. ACD and a Sensor Jammer might be a solid way to go right now, unless you just send the Defenders in first and have Whisper bat cleanup.

Throw the rebel through the airlock and have 2 x MKII for the Deltas .... leaving one for ini ....

But wait ... there is a 1 point system upgrade ... anybody ever used enhanced scopes on Whisper? You would move right after decloaking ... AGAIN :lol:

Ive used this. Works well with Rebel Captive