Sign in to follow this  
Darkcloak

Tips for Tie Fighters/ How to not die?

Wow, thanks for all the replies folks, this is all really informative.

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my assessment of R2D2. More games prove that not only is my wife quickly mastering the rules, but she is also ridiculously lucky. I have yet to see her roll poorly.

I don't have a whole lot of time to chat about the topic as I'm off to work. I just wanted to pop in and quickly peruse what everyone thought.

Also, we got new toys. Had to cheap out and get a Y-Wing for her and a Bomber for me. No one is complaining though, ha-ha!

Always ... never ...

I've got nothing. TIE Fighters are supposed to go *pop* -- haven't you seen the movies?

Just be glad she isn't insisting on flying Han Solo with Chewbacca and C3PO crew because it's just like the movie, and get down on your knees and thank the Maker that she likes X-wing.

I had the same experience you did. Even when we went up to 100 points, my SO added Wedge and a B-Wing, and I never, ever, ever won with Imperials. I switched to Scum and never looked back.

Near as I can tell, after running and watching the demo game run numerous times, is that the X-Wing boxed set is "balanced" similarly to most warhammer starter sets; the "bad guys" are at a significant disadvantage, and it's meant to get people into the game by having the newbie fly the X-Wing and win, because it takes serious bad luck or extraordinarily poor play for them not to. I've never seen the TIEs win, ever. Fairly often the X-Wing never even takes damage.