Sign in to follow this  
superdave

If Fat Han Weren't Bad Enough...

...how about Fast Han?

Greg Rucka's new novella "Smuggler's Run" gives the Falcon a SLAM drive (page 159). What would you do with a SLAM action on a YT-1300? Or a generic SLAM upgrade (Engine Upgrade 2.0?)?

When is this book set? SLAMS were only really invented just prior to ROTJ AFAIK.

Takes place between ANH and ESB. It's part of the Journey to the Force Awakens set. That means they were around a bit before RotJ.

Apparently it covers the time after Han left after helping Luke at the Battle of Yavin, and trying to pay off Jaba.

When is this book set? SLAMS were only really invented just prior to ROTJ AFAIK.

Was the Author C.S. Goto? Did the Falcon have multilasers?

Author is Greg Rucka. Book is set very shortly after the Battle of Yavin (between ANH and ESB, as previously stated).

Author is Greg Rucka. Book is set very shortly after the Battle of Yavin (between ANH and ESB, as previously stated).

It's a joke.  Goto is one of the awful writers of Warhammer 40K books.  He never met a background source he couldn't ignore.

It's a joke.  Goto is one of the awful writers of Warhammer 40K books.  He never met a background source he couldn't ignore.

That's probably why he got green lit to write star wars books "oh you like to completely ignore original back story? You're hired!!"

But then I can't really blame Disney, there just following Lucas' philosophy of "give me money, do what you want"

It's probably half the reason why disney wanted to buy the IP so bad

Lol. Not sure how I feel about that point investment to skip shooting with over half my points, especially when I paid for the turret expressly for the purpose of always getting my shot. :P

If you liked it then you should have dodged an arc with it. 

Assuming this came to fruition, the slam would prevent the ship from firing, and much like the cloaking device illicit upgrade have a chance of failure rendering it useless.

As to the Disney ignoring old fiction, a large chunk of the old legends lore was ignored by a very vocal section of the fan base. Say Disney kept everything in legends. How many of you would be so eager to see the Yuuzhan Vong destroy everything that is star wars and kill Chewbacca? Seriosly? How many. Because that is what we would get, using the original actors. The other option is we would get a horrible reboot with the main actors from Twilight as Han and Leia. Next time you want to complain, think about what could have happened. Perspective, folks.

So let me get this straight... we're now on to complaining about potential upgrades that haven't been hinted at thus far from FFG? As if we don't have people crying that the sky is falling based on upgrades that have been announced already, we're now getting upset at things that haven't been even hinted at?

Jacob