Sign in to follow this  
Felswrath

Jar Jar

While I am not a big fan of him, I don't hate Jar Jar. [Felswrath's membership is being questioned - FFG] I have been thinking of some fun ways to incorporate him into the game. 

1. Officer - When your ship colides with another deal 1 extra face down damage card to the other ship.

2. Commander - When a friendly ship colides with another ship the owner of the other ship must roll 1 red die instead of a face down damage card. The ship take 1 face down card for each hit and 1 face up damage card for each critical hit.

The common thread being Jar Jar's accidental victories at the expence of his own army. He would be ideal for corvette swarms though.

While that abomination of GL's creative freedom is preferably locked in a pit never to be seen again, if we must have rules for him I propose something like this:

Jar Jar Binks (officer slot)

Cost: -5 points

Effect: Roll a D6 at the start of every turn. On a 1 Jar Jar blunders about, tripping over powercords, dragging crew from their stations and pressing big red buttons. The ship Jar Jar is attached to has to attack the closest ship (friend or foe) and its speed dial is increased to its max speed value. If already at its max speed value, the ship's speed dial is decreased by 1 instead.

Jar Jar ended up as a Senate Representative...

And thus, we have this wonderful quote from our beloved Grand Moff to keep us warm:

Governor Tarkin: The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away forever. 

Dissolved.

Permanently.

IN ACID.

DISHONOUR! DISHONOUR ON YOU! DISHONOUR ON YOUR COW!

Jar Jar ended up as a Senate Representative...

And thus, we have this wonderful quote from our beloved Grand Moff to keep us warm:

Governor Tarkin: The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away forever. [/size]

Dissolved.

Permanently.

IN ACID.

This gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Madaghmire Jar Jar Binks did happen so get used to it now if C3P0 never happened then that would've been great.

Jar Jar Binks is my favorite Star Wars character and for me I'm glad he's in the Star Wars Universe and if I can find a way to use for him in the Armada game I would like that.

Michael

Madaghmire Jar Jar Binks did happen so get used to it now if C3P0 never happened then that would've been great.

Jar Jar Binks is my favorite Star Wars character and for me I'm glad he's in the Star Wars Universe and if I can find a way to use for him in the Armada game I would like that.

Michael

Troll

Felswrath, you are a brave individual to come out and admit that you wish to see a Jar Jar card (as the posts above indicate, this is surely not a majority position).

While I am personally not a fan of Jar Jar, I think your card suggestions capture his theme/flavor perfectly.

Well done, sir.  Though I may never run him, I will feel some amount of pleasure if I am ever able to kill him, and that alone is perhaps worth the card's existence. 

It is perhaps better to have Jar-Jarred and destroyed him utterly, than to never have Jar-Jarred at all...

Felswrath, you are a brave individual to come out and admit that you wish to see a Jar Jar card (as the posts above indicate, this is surely not a majority position).

While I am personally not a fan of Jar Jar, I think your card suggestions capture his theme/flavor perfectly.

Well done, sir.  Though I may never run him, I will feel some amount of pleasure if I am ever able to kill him, and that alone is perhaps worth the card's existence. 

It is perhaps better to have Jar-Jarred and destroyed him utterly, than to never have Jar-Jarred at all...

Thank you Jedhead, you are a gentleman and a scholar. And your manners are only surpassed by your good looks and my ability to lie. ;)

I can't stand Jar Jar... but my kids love him so I guess that makes him a tolerable part of the Star Wars universe for me.

Personally I think if we saw a Jar Jar card the best strategy would be the one that the Magic designers at WoTC use for thematic cards. Make it clearly not worth the points for anyone who is min/maxing, but not *so* terrible that folks who want to push theme won't get to use him.

Then the *truly* hardcore can compete by saying, "Oh yeah, well I won the Nationals *with* Jar-Jar!"

Zoring are you calling me a Troll?

If so why?

I've been around here for several months now and the fact that I don't post here that often doesn't make me a Troll if you are indeed calling me that.

Do you have a problem that I like Jar Jar Binks?

I've through a lot in the past few months I lost my Beloved Cat in June and a very good friend passed away a couple of months ago as well so I come here get away from the hurt that I'm feeling and to be called a Troll is not what I came here for so if you don't like what I say you don't have to respond.

Michael

BergerFett why would you say that it's not Jar Jar Binks fault the ones who should be truly blamed are Palpatine and Amidala they're the ones who you should say usered in the First Galactic Empire Palpatine because he took advantage of a simple minded creature and Armidala because she put Jar Jar in that position since she was off with Anakin so those 2 are the ones you should thank for the First Galactic Empire and not Jar Jar Binks.

I'm getting sick and tired and people blaming Jar Jar Binks for almost every bad thing that's happened in the Star Wars Universe.

Michael

Zoring are you calling me a Troll?

If so why?

I've been around here for several months now and the fact that I don't post here that often doesn't make me a Troll if you are indeed calling me that.

Do you have a problem that I like Jar Jar Binks?

I've through a lot in the past few months I lost my Beloved Cat in June and a very good friend passed away a couple of months ago as well so I come here get away from the hurt that I'm feeling and to be called a Troll is not what I came here for so if you don't like what I say you don't have to respond.

Michael

I just think maybe if you like Jar Jar you should start rethinking your life choices

BergerFett why would you say that it's not Jar Jar Binks fault the ones who should be truly blamed are Palpatine and Amidala they're the ones who you should say usered in the First Galactic Empire Palpatine because he took advantage of a simple minded creature and Armidala because she put Jar Jar in that position since she was off with Anakin so those 2 are the ones you should thank for the First Galactic Empire and not Jar Jar Binks.

I'm getting sick and tired and people blaming Jar Jar Binks for almost every bad thing that's happened in the Star Wars Universe.

Michael

To be fair, Palpatine manipulated Amidala into appointing Jar Jar.  So its really all on him but Jar Jar started the notion thus our lord and savior.  Jar Jar Binks is like a less lovable Forrest Gump.  He changes the world around by accident, but always for the worst.

Side Note:  I was thinking about this the other day.  Did the general Galactic Public ever know Emperor Palpatine was also the dark lord, or was that kept in a very small circle.  I never really researched it and before I kill 3 hours I figured I would ask here first.

Attack wing has tribbles, maybe we could model a Jar Jar card on that?

Turns 1-2 he gives some sort of bonus

Turns 3-4, zip

Turns 5-6, you poor dumb bas$#@

Edited by GronardII