Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Newbie Rebel Squad Building

Hi guys

This has probably been covered off on other threats but here goes. I've not been playing long and so far have the new core set and have the A-wing and B-wing expansions (I preferred the pilot options to the rebel aces). in short the question is would you recommend?

1. Buying the original core set - Luke and R2-D2 seem like good options and would get the extra dice

2. For a 360 degree firing arc would you go with the falcon or go for the K-wing route with a turret. I played against Miranda with TLT and it was pretty brutal

Thanks for any advice and apologies if this is going over old ground.

1. You will want both core sets eventually, but not necessarily when you're first starting out. Wedge is often used over luke so the xwing expansion might be a better next step.

2. I actually found the yt-2400 a better investment over the falcon. Han is most often seen kitted out just to last forever. Where as Dash is much more agressive and fun to play. And with outrider, your cannon of choice gets a 360° fire arc

Thanks, I hadn't considered the yt as the falcon looks better but the extra evade die could be useful and using a cannon/turret negates the down side of the 2 attack.

2. For a 360 degree firing arc would you go with the falcon or go for the K-wing route with a turret. I played against Miranda with TLT and it was pretty brutal

Do yourself a favor and learn to fly ships with firing arcs before you go running to turrets. It will make you a better player in the long run.