Sign in to follow this  
Versch

Happy Hunting at The Massing...

May the Force be with you!  My first Sullust game will be my second game ever.  I have a bad feeling about this...

But I am mostly going just to get the ISD custom card.  I never liked alt art cards till I saw how cool these are.

I'll let you guys know if I have any luck at all in getting a good performance.  Best of luck to everyone else!

Thanks,
Duncan

May the Force be with you!  My first Sullust game will be my second game ever.  I have a bad feeling about this...

But I am mostly going just to get the ISD custom card.  I never liked alt art cards till I saw how cool these are.

I'll let you guys know if I have any luck at all in getting a good performance.  Best of luck to everyone else!

Thanks,

Duncan

I hope you work too intimidated. The one guy who played in the two tournaments I was in clearly didn't know all the rules. Today he showed up with two commanders in his fleet setup. It wasn't caught until the second turn of his first game. Haha!

Thanks,

Duncan

I hope you work too intimidated. The one guy who played in the two tournaments I was in clearly didn't know all the rules. Today he showed up with two commanders in his fleet setup. It wasn't caught until the second turn of his first game. Haha!

Man, I wish this were the case in NYC. Even our "newbies" are cold-hearted killers.

With that said, I fully support going to these kinds of tournaments regardless of experience level. Anyone who is a **** to you doesn't understand the importance of community in building these games, and if you are interested, go.

If it's in NYC, drop me a message, in fact! Then you can make fun of me when I start swearing and throwing dice (counterpoint: I threw zero dice at Sullust today, and even got myself a death shrimp).

Won an ISD today!    I actually took 2nd place but the winner played exclusively Rebels, so he took the Home One.   I was kinda surprised, so my 2nd place finish managed to FEEL like a full win!   

We didn't have time to actually play the final "wave 2" game so everyone agreed to take prizes and head home, since we all have to play tomorrow also at a different store! 

In my tournament today believe it or not, 4th place took the ISD. Basically the top guys had already won at tournaments yesterday, and we're just expanding their collections.

I have to say everyone is being very nice so far about letting people who play only one faction or the other - if they would like.

Yeah at our event us top four players pretty much just agreed on what we wanted once we knew we were fourth, and actually were suggesting that the TO give one each of the squadrons to the lower place players. Been really impressed with this games community so far :)