Sign in to follow this  
Shenannigan

When you started, what was the worst list you ever tried to play with

Anything with Howlrunner in it.  She dies way too fast for me and is nothing but a waste of points.  I haven't put her on the table since the first month or two of playing the game. 

The new TIE/FO might change this.  I've been playing with a list that includes Howlrunner (with PTL), Omega leader (with PTL) and Epsilon Leader.  Double action, no stress, TIEs can be a real bear to take down.

I still think I'd rather fly them with Col. Vessery.

I love Defenders, and I'm finding Vessery fits in great with X1 titled Advanced.  

I had just gotten into the game in Wave 2.  Went over to my friends house to try out multiple building options (since I had never made a list by myself yet, and he had just bought a few ships).  Even though it was casual, I figured I'd try for a thematic build.  This was also back in the day when a 3 ship build thought as risky (unless it was Han Shoots First), and 2 ship builds were (literally) unheard of.  Oh, and I didn't know how to manuever yet, so of course I wasn't going to take engine upgrade.

Darth Vader (29)
Squad Leader (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Boba Fett (39)
Marksmanship (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Seismic Charges (2)
Gunner (5)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Slave I (0)

Total: 99

Actually, I now want to try it again with all the new upgrades that are out when I get to play against some casual friends again.  Besides, gives me a chance to bust out both my Worlds 2013 and 2014 cards at once ;)

Edited by Texx

I picked up the tie-advanced before anything else. Brought that to my very first match, dead-set on playing Steele seeing as his pilot ability was so freaking awesome! I think it was a 50 points per side thing were Steele also had cluster missiles and a hull upgrade and the rest of the list was one of the named tie fighters. 

Kyle - blaster turret, moldy crow, recon spec.

Jan - ion turret

Wedge - Proton torp, r2d2, engine upgrade, push the limit

With a lucky shot from Wedge I one shot another Xwing, but after that one shot I was in trouble.

Edited by mlbrogueone

I picked up the tie-advanced before anything else. Brought that to my very first match, dead-set on playing Steele seeing as his pilot ability was so freaking awesome!

That's exactly how I started out.  Only I didn't care about his pilot ability(which, frankly, completely sucked before the ATC was added).  I cared about playing the guy from Star Wars: TIE Fighter.

Leebo, Airen Cracken, and Biggs.  Had Biggs with the Agility droid, Leebo with a Tactical Jammer, Outrider, Determination, and a HLC, and Cracken had Squad Leader.  Idea was Biggs could just fly behind Leebo and get all kinds of silly green dice and actions!

And in practice... well, keeping Leebo between the enemies Biggs proved to be next to impossible.  And if the enemy gets in the donut hole (not hard with Leebo), then Cracken and Biggs do mostly "**** all" for damage.

A fun idea, but in practice completely and utterly terrible.

My first squad that was really abysmal was 4 Academy Pilots with 2 Tempest Squadron Pilots + Concussion Missiles. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but...okay, yeah, it was terrible. That is to say, I had very little success with it. It's 98 points, so those Tempests could get Advanced Targeting Computer for when their ordnance runs out. Or do the whole Accuracy Corrector + Cluster Missiles bit. But there are so many cool toys to play with now that we're into Wave VII that I'm not likely to try this one out again.

Wedge Antilles (29)
Marksmanship (3)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2 Astromech (1)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2-D2 (4)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R5-D8 (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

almost destroyed lando/chewe build but did not know how to fly of build better lists back then 

[36] Ibtisam, PtL, Ion Cannon, FCS

[31] Jan, Determination, Blaster Turret, Nien Nunb

[33] Tycho, EH, Homing Missiles

In my defense I only had 1 copy of PtL at the time, but it's still pretty terrible for a myriad of other reasons.

Luke Skywalker in the intro game. I remember fleetingly thinking the game was horribly tilted toward the Imperials after I couldn't roll symbols of any kind on defense. I even earned a "welcome to Luke" comment from an experienced onlooker. Thankfully, that feeling was easily overridden by how awesome the game was otherwise. But man did those evade dice suck.

*flashes the ficklegreendice signal*

I don't think I've ever really put together a horrendous list. I tend to like symmetrical builds, and I spend a lot of time theorycrafting.

However, when I first started playing, the Phantom had just been released and was dominating the meta.

After doing a lot of research, I decided to fly a Kath with Rebel Captive, EU and VI to hit PS9. Great Whisper counter, right?

Only problem was that I didn't understand initiative bids yet and entered my first tournament at 100 points total. Got massacred by Whispers and Fat Hans.

Edited by zerotc

Jan Ors
-Ion Cannon Turret

-Squad Leader

-Nien Nunb

-Engine Upgrade

Blue Squadron Pilot

-Fire Control System

-Heavy Laser Cannon    (x2)

Not the greatest list in the world, but it hits hard...

This was first build I had some success with and and loved to fly but stopped because I didn't want to be labled as "that guy that only plays the same ship" like it was predictable another guy in our group will have 1 or more A-Wings in his build.

M3-A (Serissu) - Swarm Tactics, Title (Cannon), Mangler Cannon, Stealth Device

M3-A (Laetin A'shera) - Title (Cannon), Mangler Cannon, Stealth Device

M3-A (Tansarii Pt. Vet.) - Marksmanship, Title (Cannon), Mangler Cannon, Stealth Device

Z-95 (Bin. Pirate) - Feedback Array

99pts.

In the store championship I took this to, I won 1 of I think 5 games. I'd like to revisit this list sometime and see how it feels now that i have more experience.

Another list I have saved and wanted to play but never got around to (recently looked at it and went "NOPE!!!") was:

Firespray (Emon Azzameen) - Andrasta, Gunner, Engine Upgrade, Inertial Dampeners, Seismic Charges, Proximity Mines, Proximity Mines

StarViper (Guri) - Virago, VI, Advanced Proton Torpedoes, Autothrusters, Advanced Sensors, Inertial Dampeners