Sign in to follow this  
Corellian Corvette

to FFG

......WHY!? Why whould you tell them to hold off on annoucing Wave 3 when we wont actually get the models for 7 months anyways....

***WANTS***

- New Objectives (Red, Blue, Yellow)

- More Semi-Unique Squadron Cards (Similar to the mid-level unnamed squads from X-Wing such as the "Royal Red Interceptors")

- New Terrain / Upgadeable Space Base for each faction / Static Defenses

- More Named Variations of exsisting ships (More named cards)

- Additional new abilities similar to the new Tractor Beam (Such as cloaking devices for ships and squads / Fireship Squads / Mine layers )

Unique Royal Red Interceptors  - +2pts may set 1 Blue die to a Acc result + Grit.

Cloaking Fighter - X-Wings for instance ...+ 2pts, Decloak when they first attack, cannot be engaged until Decloaked

Cloaked Ships - Cannot shoot, as a Defender may remove 1 die from the Attackers dice pool after they have been rolled.

Fireship Squads - Load up YT-1300s with Boom stick and crash them into enemy ships for set amount of on impact dice damage.

Minelayers - CR90 sized vessals with reduced arms dropping a mine in its movment phase for each attack it does not use.

"No ship that small has a cloaking device!"

-Captain Nida-

Well as far as kamikaze ships at endor the rebel's did use the GR75 as the kamikaze ships and even destroyed a few ships like this and at 80ish meters long it could be in a pack with other smallish transport like the YT2400 and Galleon class frigate.

The reason I'd like to see Wave 3 announced is because it means getting more ships released, so the ones I'd like to see can be done eventually.

Ships like the Nebulon-B2 (not likely soon, since it'll be an Imperial clone of the Nebulon), and the MC40a (consigned to whatever forgotten realm most of the cool TIE Fighter entries to the lore go), I would like to eventually push on the table in FFG tournaments. The CC series are also desired.

Edited by Norsehound

Yes, more ships please.  There is a ton of cool stuff from the old EU that would still likely work with the new EU.  Check out WEGs old Imperial Sourcebook.  Carracks, Lancers, Lonar Strike Cruisers, Dreadnaughts, etc.

Thanks,
Duncan

There's currently what, 3 waves of unreleased Imperial Assault stuff announced?

Which is mostly because there are far more Star Wars characters and infantry unit types than there ever could be ships.  

Having seen those silly new Ep7 X-wings in the new X-wing starter, I'm resigned to the fact that it will probably get into Armada as well at some point, but I don't have to like it. I'm just hoping they milk the original holy trinity for as long as they can, even if that means the occasional (hopefully) not too silly EU stuff.

I'm just really hoping to get an AFmk1 before we see anything from JJWars myself.

There are only three major ships from the original trilogy not currently already in the game:  The Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer, the MC80 Liberty-Class Mon Calamari Star Cruiser and the GR75 Medium Transport.  Nearly all the cool stuff is being added into the new canon, including Interdictor Cruisers and several other well-liked ships.  So despite your whining, the ships you are asking for ARE mostly "JJ Wars" and "Prequel" designs.  Given that the response to the "new" X-Wings and TIE Fighters has been largely positive (and the fact that they are actually more faithful to the original Ralph McQuarrie designs than the original films) I think you're going to have to accept that they are wanted.  The E-Wing, on the other hand, simply looks like a beefier Z-95 Headhunter.  And that Z-95 is more official by now than the E-Wing will ever be.

The reason I'd like to see Wave 3 announced is because it means getting more ships released, so the ones I'd like to see can be done eventually.

Ships like the Nebulon-B2 (not likely soon, since it'll be an Imperial clone of the Nebulon), and the MC40a (consigned to whatever forgotten realm most of the cool TIE Fighter entries to the lore go), I would like to eventually push on the table in FFG tournaments. The CC series are also desired.

Yeah I've never understood why Saga edition and FFG's RPG have included the Assassin corvettes but not the Nebulon-B2s and MC40As. Hopefully FFG will correct this error soon.

Yes, more ships please.  There is a ton of cool stuff from the old EU that would still likely work with the new EU.  Check out WEGs old Imperial Sourcebook.  Carracks, Lancers, Lonar Strike Cruisers, Dreadnaughts, etc.

Thanks,

Duncan

The Carracks are already part on the new canon. They appear in both Tarkin and Aftermath.

Wave 3 will contain a winged MC80 for sure, and it will be called the 'Liberty' expansion pack.

'Home one' is the only ship expansion pack named for the name of a single ship, rather than the class of the ship.

I got seriously turned off from X Wing over endless waves of releases. Some of us don't have that kind of recreational cash laying around.

I don't need that in Armada.

Considering the snail-like release speed of Armada there is little fear of that... :/

I'd like to see more canon stuff. An Interdictor, Arquitens, the Liberty style mon cala cruiser, whatever that bigger looking CR ship from the Seige of Lothal was, etc.

Pelta Class Frigate: 

pic2710508_lg.jpg

Edited by GilmoreDK

I've been in this before years ago I used to collect the Star Wars collectible miniatures from Wizards of the Coast and Pirates from Wizkids.

Each one of these had multiple sets 14 for Star Wars and a similar number for Pirates now getting the sets wasn't that big a problem some of the early sets were released several months apart which gave me time to build up some cash.

But at times the release of sets came very quick and I had to struggle to get the sets but somehow I did but it would've been better if they spaced out the release of the sets through the life of both of these games.

I bought all of the Wave 2 stuff many months back and once the seller gets the Wave 2 stuff he'll send me my stuff.

Michael

317 Days since last wave announcement. As a corporate citizen of a megacorp I understand the need for secrecy and message discipline but please demonstrate that this project still lives beyond the current product cycle. Organized Play announcements are almost enough but they demonstrate a backward focus. While displaying a commitment to brand as currently produced, they backstop only the initial commitment of capital and not capital investments made towards future cycles. However, a fluffy, softball interview in the gaming press by a sitting staff member waxing ecstatic about how great is Armada, how great it is to work on Armada, where my love of Star Wars began etc. that vaguely mentions "excitement about the future" would go a long way towards assuaging the restless anxiety of your tortured customers. I haven't seen one. If anyone has seen this on the internet please post a link here.

Please offer a glimmer of a future for Armada soon.

Sincerely,

WhatsArmadaWithYou

Edited by WhatsArmadaWithYou