Sign in to follow this  
Corronjedi

What will you take home if you win sullust?

Is this even a question? :P

If I had the choice, I would have to pick up the Imperial Star Destroyer. Cost is not even factored in to my choice. I play imperials, this is the first large base, it is a freaking Imperial Star Destroyer!

Also wouldn't mind having the raider, thing will find plenty of space in my lists :)

Buddha, pretty much what Drasnighta said. There are VERY strict guidelines for this event, and your LGS store owner absolutely can't be allowed to get away with this. I understand he's the only guy around, but you should not support some greedy cutthroat scalper. Find some other store that would welcome a sudden influx of players who are willing to buy product from someone who isn't an *******. I... just... Ungh. That is completely horrifying.

Edited by Bipolar Potter

Buddha, pretty much what Drasnighta said. There are VERY strict guidelines for this event, and your LGS store owner absolutely can't be allowed to get away with this. I understand he's the only guy around, but you should not support some greedy cutthroat scalper. Find some other store that would welcome a sudden influx of players who are willing to buy product from someone who isn't an *******. I... just... Ungh. That is completely horrifying.

With this guy being the only local for him, and the next option being a 4 hour drive away, he might not want to deprive himself of the tournament.   He might be able to chase it via other means through governmental departments not sure what Canada has to enforce a reimbursement based on breaching his trade contract with the distributor/FFG assuming he wins and he can get what ever department might be in place for that if any to take action.

Yeah, I grasp why he is reluctant to report the guy, since it will effectively remove his only local Sullust tournament, but the store is doing something not just scummy but outright illegal and explicitly against both the letter and spirit of the tournament rules.

That sort of behavior can't be tolerated.

If it is, it will only get worse.

Tough choices...

At the top is the MC80 vs. the ISD for me, but honestly, I don't know which I would go with and I'd probably have to see them in person.

Following that, it would be the MC30 by a mile over the Raider for me, and possibly the squadrons over the raider.

So ISD = MC80 > MC30 > Rogues & Villains > Raider.

I reserve the right to change my opinion based on how totally $%!#ing awesome things look in person.

Since we're getting back on the primary question now...

ISD > Raider > R&V > MC30 > MC80 is my pick.

ISD only because it saves me having to buy one for a while, but I *really* want the Raider for all the utility it brings to my list.

The Raider adds somthing different to my Imperial load out. I feel the same goes for the MC80. The Rebels lack a brawler, and the Empire lacks that fast versatile attack ship/flanker. Both would be great to try out on the table.

Edited by Wes Janson

Probably the fighter pack as the store running our tournament is you don't get the ships for free you get the right to purchase a ship at his inflated pricing.

Then you should call them out to FFG, because that's against the rules.

I'm also going to add this:

If its direct from FFG (ie, you are in the United States), then report it directly to FFG.

If it is outside of the US, then report it directly to the Distributor.  FFG has universal distributors for the locations, which you can find on the Sullust registration page.  

The Extreme cost for airshipping these in advance is not offset by the prices that Retailers have paid for the packs.  Subsequently, FFG has set retailer guidelines for these events, and if the retailer is not playing by the rules, which include, but are not limited to:

Distributing Prizes Earlier than the Weekend

Distributing Prizes to other than Winners

Holding the Event at other times (without permission)

Witholding more than allowed prizing

The Penalty can include total blacklisting on FFG promotional material and events packages for the forseeable future.

What. . . Is. . . The. . . Name. . . Of. . . This. . . Store. . . I will end their FFG promotions and out them every which way I know. This is just wrong!

They are getting the kit at a discounted price. They paid roughly $90 and they are going to make entry fee AND the $160 for those ships. . . . No. This is not acceptable.

Now that all the cards and ships have been spoiled what will you pick if you win. Even tho I primarily play rebel I could see myself picking the ISD simply because I could see wanting to own two of those over two mc80s. I love all the new ships il be happy to take home anyone of them now that Iv seen them all.

I'm going to choose Claudia schiffer to take home should I win sullust

Now that all the cards and ships have been spoiled what will you pick if you win. Even tho I primarily play rebel I could see myself picking the ISD simply because I could see wanting to own two of those over two mc80s. I love all the new ships il be happy to take home anyone of them now that Iv seen them all.

Schwing!!!

1990 called, they want their bombshell back.

Alyson Hannigan all the way.

Not that we should turn this into a celebrity rating thread, so let's just agree with me, and leave it at that. ;)

Schwing!!!

Party on!

If you are in the U.S., where about is this "event" taking place?

Canada :(

I understand not wanting to lose your only place to play Armada, but honestly you need to contact FFG, or the distributor about this.  This game shop should not be allowed to hold that event if its going to strong arm its customers/players.  Its way beyond what believe is specified by the 'Massing at Sullust' event details beyond just being shady and down right dastardly.  Please seriously look into connecting one of the people listed in other posts, or if nothing else let us know.  Even though I dont have a dog in that race, I will happily inform FFG (Or atleast try).  What that game shop is doing is complete in the wrong.

Hm, I'm an Imperial-only player. Obviously if I win outright, I'll take the ISD. But if I'm not, and the ISD is already taken, which do I choose?

I have two Raiders on pre-order already. Will I get some great upgrade cards with the Rebel ships, along with a model that can be turned into debris?

(R&V do not concern me.)

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein